1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I'm not even gonna unvote.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Kinda want to slap an NKA read on Gemma/tom here for that early meandering conversation but ehh, it's not actually at that level. Would maybe give a decent handful of townpoints to one if the other flipped wolf.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Man I was about to say "that's a really good mindset look" because it comes at Gemma from multiple angles of evaluating what she was doing, but then it's like, okay which alignment is actually hyper focused on the perception of themselves even when that's not the thrust of the thing you're evaluating, but then also maybe it's more of a player thing than an alignment thing?

I know that's a bit of a ramble but this is actually a pretty interesting sentence.

So like - Cobalt townreads Silver surprisingly strongly for early game, Gemma pushes back and says the counterfactual Cobalt's giving to say why wolf!Silver doesn't make sense is some weak reasoning, and then Silver himself jumps in to say that he liked that from Gemma because she pushed back against the read without trying to make Silver look bad.

There's definitely some layers here. One thing is like - if Silver knows Gemma is town, this kind of thing is actually kind of a favorite wolf move of mine? You give someone townpoints / praise for "playing well" when the result of the move you're commenting on is that they're not wolfreading you when they could have. Kind of like... trying to subconsciously reinforce the idea that you're town without saying it.

Despite that, my gut reaction to it is that it's town. I'm kind of reaching for the "why" there, think I'll have to sit with it a bit.

At the very least I think it makes Gemma/Silver dubious as w/w because man that would be such a weird way to prop up a partner.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Does it really?

The crux of the whole silver/fluff interaction was fluff going "Every passing post reinforces my vote" and silver jumping on that and pointing out that the first vote was implied RVS doesn't match with the comment making it seem more "real."

I don't get how you think this is such a 200 IQ move from a wolf here, Cobalt. Jumping on people for jumping the RVS gun has been like, a staple of almost every game I've ever played.

3. Dels

Dels Muggle

Isn't it the exact same interaction they had last game when they were w/w?

4. Newcomb

Dels/Silver probably not w/w here.

I like this line of questioning from silver a lot less than I did the Gemma thing. Kinda struggling to believe this is a real thought from silver?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I have no memory of that game. Was I in it?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Wow I had like the exact opposite gut reactions to both those things.

5. Dels

Dels Muggle

You were the host and it was like, 3 months ago.
    --- Post automerged ---
    go away draft i don't want to post that stop
    --- Post automerged ---
    omg it doesn't go away even if i delete it and post something else
    --- Post automerged ---
    Okay, I figured out how to delete drafts.

6. Newcomb

TinyHunt? Yeah I couldn't name what the scumteam was in that game if my life depended on it.

If you want to link the interaction you're talking about, I'll read it, but it was a pretty soft not w/w read and I doubt it'd move the needle much unless it was /really/ similar, in which case I'm surprised you wouldn't be on the "surely they wouldn't be so obvious as to exactly copy something they did as w/w if they were w/w again" train, since that's kinda your meta-jam IIRC.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Can I get one sentence on each of these?
    --- Post automerged ---
    @fontisian I don't really see the point of this anymore but name a time
    --- Post automerged ---

Yeah, this. I don't really read Gemma's alignment anywhere along the way as she's purely poking at Cobalt's logic and not really anything deeper or less neutral than walking him through his hypothetical, but I agree with what she's pushing on a basic factual level.

--- Post automerged ---
    what the fuck

7. Dels

Dels Muggle

I mean, sure, if you're curious:

TinyHunt 9: TinyHunt IN SPACE

It is really similar. I don't think that's my meta-jam though, since that thought didn't cross my mind.
    --- Post automerged ---
    hey that's my profile! but i agree what the fuck?

8. Newcomb

Man Dels we're like 3 for 3 in having the exact opposite reactions to things this game

9. Dels

Dels Muggle

Sucks for me!

10. Newcomb

And you think that's a villager thing from manasi?

11. Dels

Dels Muggle

Wait a minute!

It's not just "similar".

It's the exact same thing!

This wasn't a coincidence, it was done on purpose!

Gemma!
    --- Post automerged ---
    Gemma, explain yourself at once.

12. Newcomb

So one of the things I'm noticing in this manasi/fonti interaction is that I get the sense that manasi knows fonti is town.

The "fonti already getting ready to shade me for my wolfy entrance" thing is kind of whatever, could see manasi posting that as either alignment.

But it's the whole exchange about Gemma after that that gives me that vibe. Like, manasi is just kind of rolling over and not being prickly and just answering fonti's questions about the Gemma read in a pretty even-keeled way that seems to be missing any real questioning of fonti's motives or alignment. And when fonti keeps at it, manasi's first actual pushback is this - "Lay off a bit, yeah?"

It's like... idk, I feel like if manasi actually was a villager and didn't know fonti's alignment, this exchange happens differently. The overall vibe/tone is very much fonti interrogator, manasi interrogatee, and I don't think villager!manasi puts up with that for more than like, a couple posts without a little more bite back then "lay off for a bit".
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm just waiting for you to get to the part where you decide they'd never ever be so blatant to do it as w/w again.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Vaimes @Gemma, what's wolfy about fonti this game?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Maybe a little yeah.

13. Dels

Dels Muggle

I assumed. But I don't know her style.

14. Newcomb

Alright, caught up.

Weird game, very unlike my usual process where I get townreads and then just lynch other people. Can't really say I have any one strong townread at the moment, and I kinda do strongly want to lynch shadow and then manasi.

Almost certainly not lynching Dels, fonti, or Gemma today but I'm not gonna call that a town circle.

I guess maybe throw Cobalt into that pile if only for how stubborn he's being about the Silver thing? As a wolf he'd maybe be a little more open to addressing that massive blind spot of not seeing that his hypothetical for wolf!Silver has a way more simple alternative explanation.

Something feels hinky about the fonti/Gemma/Vaimes grouping - kinda want all three to explain reads on the other two and then re-calibrate but I feel like I'm not quite getting something there.

Super mixed on Silver; probably don't want to lynch toDay but he feels kinda self-aware in a bad way.

I'm literally going to ignore Kai and Fluff and to a lesser extent Jarizok until such time as they start doing something that's counter to the meta-hell they find themselves through much fault of their own. If they keep doing their thing like they've done so many times before I'm going to just advocate for spamming them with night actions of all kinds until they're dead or confirmed an alignment.

I'll explain the shadow read later if fonti still wants to post that at the same time.

15. Dels

Dels Muggle

Nothing in those posts explained why I'm a certainly-not-lynch.

16. Newcomb

Look at the gamestate. Then look at the player list. Then look at yourself. Then look back at the gamestate.

You're not getting lynched D1 here.

17. Dels

Dels Muggle

To be fair, when I am wolf, I am obvious enough to be lynched day 1.

Also I just recently got lynched day 1 in a mash!

18. Newcomb

If you're a wolf here, congrats, you've cleared the admittedly very low bar and avoided tripping over your own shoelaces enough to dodge the D1 lynch.

19. Dels

Dels Muggle

If I was a wolf, I'd be delighted to hear it, since that'd be a huge worry of mine!

20. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Good morning friends.