1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WitchHunt 9

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Miner, Mar 29, 2019.

1. muzjik

muzjik Muggle

[v]Dels[/v]
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote Dels

2. Manasi

Manasi Squib

I mean that's fine I just found it ridiculous that people who should (presumably) know better are sticking to a firm read off of a tone thing that can't even really be emulated on this site very well. People "townread" me basically based on how erratic I'm being in a thread and how many sentence fragments and

line

breaks

that I can fit into a single posts. That and if I'm having any particular modicum of fun. Granted the latter point is pretty shot here given what I discussed in my last post but I don't know. I'm just trying to tell you that you're wrong but since you don't interact it's hard to have that conversation. It's hard to work with people in that mindset (the "I don't talk to people about my reads on them" types) because at what point do you even change your read? It's frustrating and feels like the general style I was going for pre-game was really the end all be all.

I know I'm being dramatic but lolme it's been a fucking long week.

3. muzjik

muzjik Muggle

Manasi, expand on your scum read of my slot.

4. Manasi

Manasi Squib

I agree with the read on Kai fwiw. I think once they started actually posting it was a pretty easy town read for me. I've never really known Jari for having really in-depth type reads. I think I've only played with them in mash-type games so that might be why. Does he typically have more developed thoughts on people as a villager?

5. Dels

Dels Muggle

I didn't mean you had to post a readslist, Manasi... It was just one example of a way a person's flow might have some variance in it.

6. Manasi

Manasi Squib

I didn't like how you entered the thread right when you subbed in. It seemed like you were trying to push scum onto everything and maybe it was just the way you were looking at things but I did not like it. I can find more posts soon. Trying not to explode at work but my boss is making it really hard to not just quit.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I know. Look at my posts @ Newcomb about my normal playstyle/how I'm townread. Don't worry. It's VERY HARD FOR ME TO BE MYSELF on this site given some of the rules but I'm trying to make do.

I'm just saying don't expect lists and shit outta me. They don't happen all that often.

7. Dels

Dels Muggle

I'm not expecting a list out of you, geez. >_>
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also Tom you're literally quoting Silver asking me questions and then saying that it was a way for Shadow and I to interact. Are you confusing Silver with Shadow like Fonti did? Because Shadow asked me two questions and Silver asked me.like half a dozen but somehow you're saying Silvers questions show that I was trying to interact with Shadow, even though my responses to Shadow are super short, and Silver is the one who continues it.

8. muzjik

muzjik Muggle

I don't like this read, but don't worry. You can talk later.

9. Threadmarks: Votal 1.1.4
    Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Votal 1.1.4

tom (4) - his fluffiness, dels, gemma, newcomb
    Vaimes (3) - Cobalt, Jarizok, xshadowlancerx
    shadowlancerx (2) - fontisian, Vaimes
    Dels (2) - muzjik, Umami
    jarizok (1) - kaiDASH

Not Voting (3) - M Plus 7, manasi, tom

Let me know if I've made any mistakes

10. Dels

Dels Muggle

Anyway...

Unvote Tom
    Vote Newcomb

But I'm still awaiting the explanation for why this game is totally different than "What mafia is this?" and why he's clearly super invested here in a way he can only be as town.
    --- Post automerged ---
    For the record, Manasi, I've been assuming Muz is town, but if you can make a case for why his posts are actually scummy, I'd read it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm kind of coming around on Vaimes scum maybe but idk

11. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

@Dels I know it’s around here somewhere, but can you link me that game?

12. Dels

Dels Muggle

13. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

Okay at what point does newcomb show up in that game? I’m on like page 6 and haven’t seen him.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh, page 6, nvm
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hmmm. Hmmmmmm.
    Newcombs first attack against someone else in that game was that their opening post felt fake (he rolls back from that in his next post, but definitely notable.)

Tone wise, I’m not seeing obvious and stilted.

@Newcomb/anyone who knows: can I get a link to a recent towngame as well?

14. Dels

Dels Muggle

The thing I noted in terms of tactics (rather than tone) is that the Wolfcomb in that game is very reactionary, he's just sorting through the thread and posts about whichever posts interest him. Newcomb this game did take a step back and do a bigger "overall view" post, which I'm not sure he did in that game.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Pretty sure Worm is a recent towngame since I looked at that one (y'know, because Jari said it was the last game) and it had lots of Towncomb in it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Blaaahh.

Unvote Newcomb
    Vote Vaimes

--- Post automerged ---
    Honestly I don't know what to do. Just ignore me.

15. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I was just wondering aloud I think. Keep in mind it was only two people. I think what happened was that they were triggered by your personality because you've only ever been scum here so they just identify you being you with mafia being mafia. I don't think they actually thought your jokes were bad per se.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hi Tammy!
    --- Post automerged ---

Witchcomb
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Dels why are you scumreading Newcomb exactly?

16. Dels

Dels Muggle

Okay, I take it back, Gemma's the expert, not Cobalt. Sorry Cobalt.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm not scumreading him, just really unsure. I kind of felt his attitude is the type of attitude wolves have and that he (by his own admission) hasn't really given a ton of his usual type of analysis.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like Newcomb is supposed to the meta expert, I want him to tell me exactly if you and Vaimes and Fonti are scum or not but I'm not seeing much and it sort of makes me wonder if there's a buddy he's covering for.

But he did meta-eviscerate Shadow so maybe Shadow's the one he's using his meta expertise on.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like if Newcomb's "what is mafia" wolfgame was characterized by just sort of picking random posts and being like "Hmmm I feel this isn't w/w? Feel like _____ would be more _______ if they were scum" then it's like, he doesn't seem to be doing too much different here? Except for the Shadow case.

17. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

... I did?

18. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

@Gemma eh, fair.

@Dels I would be exceedingly surprised if Newcomb claimed any sort of knowledge of my meta beyond surface, as I have played like one (two?) other game(s) with him.

19. Dels

Dels Muggle

Lol. Then I missed it. So nevermind.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Wait do you mean "I did...?" as in you did in that game, or you don't realize you did in this game. The big post where you outlined who the never lynch day 1s are, the trio of Vaimes/Gemma/Fonti, and gave other reads, that was a big overall view post.

20. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

[​IMG]