1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hearthstone thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Oz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Paradise

Paradise Paraplegic Dice DLP Supporter

Been a minute since the last time I played but I've been sticking my toes back in the water.

I have since dusted all my old legendaries in hope of making Shadowreaper Anduin.

That's right bitches Mindblast priest is real. Got a decent winrate too. A friend of mine has also been introduced and I got him setup with a decent aggro Elemental Shaman. Will post card list laterz

Anyway fuck beast hunter that shit is stupid

2. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You dusted everything to make a card that's going to be rotating out in a month? D:

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Someone did the math, you end up even by crafting the goldens. Just craft regular genn/baku

Still don't care about standard, even with with upcoming changes. Cautiously optimistic about the pve though.

Re Doomguard, Blizz hates charge. Stonetusk is next.

4. Paradise

Paradise Paraplegic Dice DLP Supporter

Just Rend Blackhand, Bwonsadmi, Emperor Thau, and Chromaggus I think

5. Troy

Troy Seventh Year

If you craft a legendary golden and you don't have a non golden copy, you get the 3200 dust refund, and can then disenchant them for the normal 1600. So you are up 1600 dust. It only works if you don't have them already. I don't have any of the stags and have only one moth. If I craft them golden for 4800 (1600 each) I will get that back when they go to the hall of fame. I can then disenchant them for 400 each as they are golden epics. But if you do have a non-golden copy you don't make a profit dust-wise.
    I don't have Greymane so will craft him golden to use now and in wild, then I have the option of disenchanting for an additional 1600 dust later, or I can just stay even.

But if you do have a non-golden copy you don't make a profit dust-wise.

6. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

So I really don't understand this HOF and dust things, I have all this cards (regular - not golden) and even have few extra copies. Should I dust it now or wait after rotation ? When will I get more dust for this extra copies ?

7. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  8. KGB

KGB Headmaster

They still haven't nerfed armor gain. I quit this game when all the stupid druid decks and snore control warriors took over the ladder and nothing has been done about it.

Why does armor as objectively better health even exist as a mechanic? They should have had it do something more interesting.

9. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

New expansion launches today. I’ll be playing a miracle rogue/pirate hybrid. Do you guys have any decks lined up?

10. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I'm planning to build out a bomb warrior and murloc shaman for now and see what i can make happen. Might also play around with the new rush tools for warriors from the deck recipes, but I've got the feeling that's not gonna be a very good deck, so we'll see.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  11. Jarizok

Murlocs could turn out to be decently strong. Also think token druid might make a comeback.

Secret paladin is predicted to be Tier 1, but I’m kinda tired of pala always being OP.

12. Agayek

Honestly, I'm expecting a midrange bomb warrior to be the #1 deck in the game. It just counters so much of the existing and potential new decks that I don't see it being meaningfully threatened.

The bombs hard counter combo, midrange warrior hard counters aggro, there's enough speed and value to counter most control decks, etc, etc.

Oh, and it has the new Dr. 7, which is functionally "Fuck you, I win: The Card".

Secret paladin is probably gonna be pretty good, but I dunno about tier 1. It will really depend on how good Rhyssa and desperate measures are. The potential is definitely there, but without something like Mysterious Challenger and its deck pruning massive tempo swing, I'm not convinced it will work. Bellringer might be enough to manage it though, who knows.

13. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

How many packs you guys plan to open? I myself about 70 from gold, I don’t want to spend real cash on preorders.

14. Jarizok

I only have 500 gold right now. I’ll be crafting the cards I want to use to start with. I’ve got close to 20k dust and hall of fame should tip me over that edge.

15. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think secret pally might be overhyped. I struggle to see how a secret pally deck without avenge and divine favour can do anything but fizzle out quickly. I do like the new secret though.

I'd keep an eye out for silence priest. It got an insane amount of tools. Kind of depressed by how good thief rogue looks. It's not fun if it's actually just looks good, lol.

Not buying packs. Waiting for single player.

16. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

I'll be going with Whizbang all day today.

I might try out this week, pirate rogue; Hooktusk looking mighty fine finally; some Control and Rush Warrior; having the Villain Dr. Boom card from boomsday and the rhino loa along with Oondasta; means that I don't have to spend much dust on these 3 decks.

I have 6k gold ready for the launch but depending on how many packs we get from the special quests today then I will open anywhere from 40-50 packs.

I will get an arena ticket for the forced retirement of my run so I will also spend some time in Wild Arena today as well.

I want to save 1k so I can have 2.4k gold when the adventure unlocks next month.

17. Agayek

I'm a whale, so I've got the two preorder packs and am gonna open all 130 of those. I doubt I'll be opening anything more than that, as I have ~12k dust sitting around from purging my Wild gold library, but I might if in a few days I run out of dust and there's a shiny new deck I really wanna play.

18. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

50 packs from gold (leaving 1k gold) and 1k+ however much dust I get out of the Hall of Fame. Can't check right now, have other things to do.

19. Kurufinwe

Kurufinwe Groundskeeper

I opened 68 packs with gold got only 3 leg so I was pissed and broke my promise. I bought this bundle for 10 euro and in this 9 packs I got 2 legendaries at least that and I got so many epics with no duplicates in them so I am pretty happy.

20. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

I opened 50 packs and got 2 legendaries. My pity timer is 3 packs. The two that I opened were Heistbaron Togwaggle and Arch-Villain Rafaam.