1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Kaleidoscope of Magic by karldin - T

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Outsider, May 5, 2019.

1. Outsider

Outsider Banned

Title: Kaleidoscope of Magic
    Author: karldin
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure/Romance
    Library Category: Alternates
    Pairings: Harry/Vector
    Summary: Pain and misery, the two constants in Harry Potter's life awaken in him something that has not been seen for several centuries. Will it mean the salvation of the magical world, or will it be its dissolution to nothingness? Concepts from Naruto, and Crossover with Dresden Files later.
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9101451/1/Kaleidoscope-of-Magic

This goes to my homie, TMD, be happy, be alive.

5/5.

2. Deltox

Deltox Banned

High Score:
    Hey mate, when ur posting a story in the Review Board, why not give us a little review of it to tell us why we should read it? You posted three stories bruh and rated them all 5/5. Like, if you're saying that each and every one of these fics is a golden masterpiece of perfection, please give us more than "This goes to my homie, TMD, be happy, be alive. 5/5" cause that's not a review.

3. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo man

4. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Author seems like the sort of next gen weeb that likes Korean girl groups.

5. Deltox

Deltox Banned

High Score:
    So, because I hate myself, I read this one as well. Idk what I was hoping for, but it certainly wasn't this. It is a story that is almost 300,000!!! words and the writing has some measure of punctuation, which is why I read it. That alone makes it in the 10% of HP fics but...

First off, in the very first chapter we see some incredible shit. The idea is that Harry is locked away for freeing Sirius cause Dumbledore snitches on him to Fudge. Dumbledore does magic that makes it so Harry cant reveal Dumbledore's own involvement, and Harry is cast into Azkaban for a grand total of "till the end of your summer".

However! Surprise plot twist shows this was all done to awaken his sharingan. This is all done in the first half of the first chapter by the way. After that we go to the Department of Mysteries with Dumbledore and then Surprise! Lily and James are there and we have this gem of scene.

>"QUIET! I said explain!" Harry said coldly, causing the magic of the room to vibrate.
    >"Better, I can show you. Look into this basin, Harry. It is called a penseive. It contains past memories. You will understand after this…"
    >"Hmm…Dumbledore, you disgust me. Why should I trust you, you filthy traitor? Or those pathetic dregs who call themselves my parents?"
    >Dumbledore looked pained as he raised his wand. Lily and James looked like they had been stabbed in the gut.

He is 13. This is the point where I stopped seriously reviewing this and started wondering whether you just posted this as an inside joke with TMD or something cause... Shit son, I sure hope it's that.

edit: I realized I forgot to add a rating. So far I actually haven't reviewed the story by the way, all I've done is state facts directly from the first chapter. I've given no opinion either way. Still its a solid 0/5, srsly utter trash.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  6. Outsider

Outsider Banned

7. Deltox

Deltox Banned

High Score:
    I hope you're joking man. Here's a quote from the chapter you linked to.

>"He wants Snape gone" said Harry casually. "The job is jinxed, so Snape will be gone by the end of the year. He is hoping to break the apprentice bond by taking away his professorship. I must say, he is quite the cunning old schemer" he finished. A crystal clear mind was one of the advantages of Occlumency…and as he mastered it further he could not help but notice its benefits.

I literally cannot give this a more trash rating.

EDIT: The reason I despite these fics is cause they give mind magic a terrible rep in ff circles. Any interpretation of mind magic that shows it as being more akin to a 'super-brain' ability gets a shitty response cause the trope has ruined been by fics like these. I'm writing something that sort of gives Harry a parallel set of powers, but explores the massive issues that come with giving a 15 year old a super powered brain. That all ignores the other issues in the fic, like the fact that, regardless of what the author says, characters can indeed be unrealistic.

EDIT 2: Srsly this is kinda similar to something I'm writing, with magic eyes and super brain powers. Which is why I really don't like it. I srsly worry if this is how my work comes off to other ppl.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  8. Outsider

Outsider Banned

Hey, tell me what are you writing. Your concept sounds interesting.

9. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

This story is the epitome of guilty pleasure shitfic. I love it, and looked forward to every update as I was always entertained. Too bad it got abandoned.

Various people in the HPverse have elements of Naruto, like Harry having the Mangekyo. Near the end there are multiple factions all fighting against each other with Harry vs Dumbledore vs Snape vs Voldemort with characters from Dresden Files joining one side or another (if I'm remembering correctly) and it's a fun read.

You need to get past the terrible characterizations, the horrendous grammar and punctuation and just accept the fic for the glorious shitfic it is.

2/5 but goddamn I do love it.

10. Outsider

Outsider Banned

Finally, goddamnit, Narf you're like goddess from hell. Please accept my worship.*tears*.

11. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Wasn't this the one you linked me? And isn't this like a straight Ripoff of @Lungs?

12. Hymnsicality

Hymnsicality Seventh Year

I wouldn't say its a ripoff, there was a time when there were a lot of sharingan harry fics floating around.

Harry is the edgiest edgelord to have ever lived. He burns dumbledores faggot bird to death. 10/10.

13. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Nah, the only similarity is that both fics have Harry with the sharingan. Everything else is different. Harry doesn't have an all consuming obsession for phallic objects in this one, for instance.

14. Sey

Sey Not Worth the Notice DLP Supporter

High Score:
    @Lungs oooooooooooooooof.