1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Q2 - 2019 Contest Winner

Discussion in 'Q2 2019' started by Ched, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Congratulations to the winner - Daphne Greengrass’s Ten Tips to Tranquility by @bking4 (FFN & AO3)

Congratulations also to the runner-up, Entry #4!

The prompt was either Daphne Greengrass OR Azkaban.

Here's a link to the competition thread if you'd like to read what we were all saying as things rolled along. Any further discussion about this competition should be in this thread (once the other one is locked anyway). Don't hesitate to post in here and discuss!

I'll have a new thread up for the next one shortly. If you are either the winner or runner-up I'll be in touch, and if you want this thread updated to give you credit then let me know!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  2. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I didn’t review this time because I wrote an entry, and I think the feedback was pretty helpful.

3. Ched

Congratulations to @bking4 (FFN & AO3) for winning the competition! Our runner-up has decided to stay anonymous.

I'm really glad to see some fresh blood for this competition. :D

4. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Congrats @bking4 on an extremely well deserved win. Hit me up if this goes on FFNet, as it gets entry to the DLP C2 as a competition winner. Hope to see more from you in the WBA soon c:

5. Ched

@Zenzao - in the future I'll leave the individual threads open a bit longer in case authors want to respond. Maybe until the new competition thread goes up.

Edit: Moved this post to his thread for Entry #6.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  6. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That would be really appreciated, 'cause I still feel like a dick for posting that in the celebratory thread for the winner.

7. bking4

bking4 Second Year ⭐⭐

High Score:
    @enembee - Thanks so much! I'll shoot you a link to it once I post it on FFN. Hopefully tomorrow, and if not then sometime next week.

@Zenzao - does it make you feel like less of a dick if I tell you it's okay and I don't mind? If so: It's okay! I don't mind! I'm just glad you got to express your thoughts and personal opinions on your own work and the reviews you got. Sometimes being able to verbalize/type up all the things you're thinking allows you to comprehend and internalize them a bit better/clearer.

Also, thank you so much to everyone who read, reviewed, commented, and critiqued my entry! The praise I received was overwhelming and humbling, while the critiques and criticisms were insightful and thought provoking. I've basically been updating the site multiple times a day, checking for new reviews or comments like a strung out addict looking for his next high. I greatly appreciate every comment posted.

8. Microwave

Microwave Professor

Hope you stay around @bking4, it'd really wonderful to have you in the future.

That was a well-deserved win, your entry dwarfed the rest, both in its quality and its length. You've put most of us here down a couple of pegs, barging in and writing a virtually perfect story, and I wouldn't mind seeing you do that again.

Looking forward to seeing more from you in the future, you've really got a talent.