1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WINNER UP! Q3 2019 - Story Competition

Discussion in 'Q3 2019' started by Ched, Jun 30, 2019.

?

Pick your pois- Poll, I mean, topic?

Poll closed Jul 4, 2019.
  1. Ritual Magic

47.2%
  2. "Shh! I told you to be quiet! I'm certain I heard something."

5.7%
  3. Harry causes a war with another species.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. What the Professors get up to in the summers.

47.2%
  1. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

Done with the first draft. Some rest, some edits, and my entry will be more than ready in time for the deadline. I really enjoyed the prompt, to be honest, and I got really into the story. Writing was so exciting, lol.

2. Aries the Dog

Aries the Dog First Year DLP Supporter

I've been lurking this competition for a while, missing deadlines. But got hit with some heavy news recently, strangely the first thing I want to do is post that I'm going to finish my submission this time.

I want to applaud everyone that has been finishing these submissions lately for being able to motivate yourself. It motivates me too, and I just want to encourage anyone struggling on motivation or revision to perservere and enjoy the process even if the end result isn't something they expect. Sorry for rambling, was drinking a bit, love this forum good luck on everyone's submission.

3. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Finished my 200 words. Time to edit them into a master piece.

4. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

So, a bit less than a week to go. How goes it?

5. Zombie

I hit my goal. 500 words. Gonna win it.

6. Nexis

Nexis Third Year

High Score:
    I'm submitted. I didn't have a beta so I'm curious to read what others think about the story. But it might be a good idea to find one for the next competition to be honest, cause I can't really judge my own writing for some reason.

7. Zombie

There's still time for you to find a beta and re-submit. Get on Discord and ask someone in #writing.

8. Nexis

Nexis Third Year

High Score:
    Ah, thank you, but I'll just keep it as it is for this competition since I wouldn't have the time to edit it now anyway. But I'll make sure to find someone on Discord for the next one, sounds good.

9. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros. Moderator

I finally finished plotting out my entry.

All I need to do now is write six to ten thousand words on it in five days.

Killing it.

10. bking4

bking4 Second Year ⭐⭐

High Score:
    My second draft is done! I want to do some edits then write a third draft/final version to submit. Sadly, that's all going to have to happen on Monday on a long train ride, cutting it super close, due to my work schedule this upcoming weekend. So glad we have the countdown in this thread!

Worst comes to worst I just submit what I have, but hopefully I can put a bit of polish on it first. Looking forward to reading everyone's entries!

11. Zombie

Done and submitted. Lets do this shit. You guys are gonna be in for the best 800 words of your fucking life.

12. Microwave

Microwave Professor

Still got a couple thousand of words left, probably not going to be able to make the deadline, good luck to everybody else!

I'll be sure to review.

13. Zombie

Just submit it. Don't worry about finishing.

14. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Sitting at five entries so far.

I've had people ask if they can submit me links to Google Docs and such, you can but you may lose formatting as I'm basically going to directly copy paste so I would suggest you do that and fix it to your own liking.

Also some people have asked if they can submit multiple drafts just to ensure they get at least one in - absolutely. I post the latest PM I get. Makes no difference how many and doesn't bother me at all. I want everyone to have the best and fairest chance, nothing less, that's the reason for the anonymity in the first place.

We've done a fair number of these now and those are by far the two most common questions I've received. It I don't answer your question in PM please know it's because I usually forget to respond more than any policy or malice.

15. Zombie

I hope to see a good turn out. I hope everyone is as hype as I am.

16. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Xiph0 is going to just copy/paste and I'm 100% on board with that. I'd strongly suggest that you sort out your formatting so that it won't get screwed up when he does that (preferably by not using gdocs).

If he posts a gigantic wall of text and it's the authors fault, we are not going to require that people sort through and review that as is. Mostly b/c I would refuse to read it myself.

17. Zombie

If you haven't seen it before, use this BBCODE addon. It makes long posting with special formatting on the forums 100 times easier. You can then just CP the formatted text into a PM and it will be formatted when he copy pastes it.

18. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

Except alignment. If you’ve centred or righted anything it won’t carry over.

Some special character/accents come with a colour tag too, also.

19. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    Just sent off my entry. In all honesty, I ended up with something totally different from what I thought it would be even a week ago.

Regardless of what happens, I'm pretty happy I turned it in at all. Looking forward to seeing what you all think of it.

20. bking4

bking4 Second Year ⭐⭐

High Score:
    And submitted. So incredibly thankful to business class train tickets, for providing me with leg space and a single row seat so I could crank out a few more edits and a bit of polish. It's not the best thing I've ever written, but I'm happy enough with it. Can't wait to read all the entries when they get posted!