1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

I actually had kinda opposite thoughts.

I believe Empoof believed he was deciding the vote in that one post he made. So like, him swinging it to Jarizok is something I have a hard time seeing as partnery... I mean, I guess it could have been a bus, but he was posturing about not voting Jari all day, so that's a bit of an odd mindset thing to me. What do you think of that?

Meanwhile I don't think there's anything probably not scum about Cerber popping in for a last second vote on Jarizok after he had already been soft hammered. I guess he might have cross-posted with that vote on tom, but tom had already said he was fine with the wagons and would vote to get a lynch.

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I guess it depends on whether you think Cerber would rather No Lunch than bus.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like if I were new scum, I would prefer having a living teammate to having towncred.

3. Keldeo

Keldeo Muggle

What? How could you NL there?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh, by tying the vote? But tom said he would move, right?

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Eh. I guess? Didn't really jump out at me as much as an unalignment. I'm more sold on the Cerber hammer reaction, so. Same result different processes.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh rip I forgot about soft lunching. Never mind.

I dunno, you think it was a better move for scum!CA to pop in rather than just lurk out the lunch?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I actually don't recall tom saying he'd move, just that he was happy because he got the wagons he wanted.

5. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

I will say the time stamps for Toms vote and Cerber's are a minute apart so cross posting isn't out of the realm of belief
    --- Post automerged ---
    --- Post automerged ---
    actually Vaimes his I'm happy about these wagons post is the same as I will switch my vote post.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Thanks Ter.

He did have another different post with a similar sentiment iirc, but doesn't matter enough for me to go digging for it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I guess if it's not Ter then CA would be my next bet, but. Gotta actually look into it.

I don't suppose anyone noticed if his D1 vs D2 posting changed at all, in response to losing a buddy?

7. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    I feel like this post has been a sticking point for me since day one. I just keep applying it to different circumstances. So once he flipped scum team two, I wondered if this was early distancing? (Watch it mean nothing and he was just trying to look like he was scum hunting or something.)

Not gonna be around tonight. I've been doing volunteer duty all weekend, and I'm exhausted and will crash as soon as I submit reports.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I thought he seemed more confident day two actually, which i thought was unlikely to happen if he lost a buddy day one in his first scum game. Tom agreed with me on the thought, but I don't know if he agreed with me that he seemed especially more confident, so that one you'll have to check for yourself.

Also my empoof/keldeo dream team got squashed into the dust!

8. CerberAsta

CerberAsta Muggle

Okay finally have time to slap down thoughts. This game is going really well!

I was phone-posting with a mere 5 minutes left and most of it was spent trying to catch up. I finally figured out why Vaimes keeps saying lunch instead of lynch -- my phone auto-corrected it lmao. Hadn't seen Tom's post! Was legit concerned we weren't gonna get a lynch and was kinda panicky.

Not gonna pretend I genuinely did anything important but in the aftermath I did wonder if I was gonna get revenge-killed by Jarizok's teammate for being the last vote, but I eventually went back and saw Tom had actually put in the soft-lynch.

So 25% of the town is scum. Both scum teams are solo, so they can't actively coordinate. Gonna need to go back over the boards to see who Sloth and Jarizok were each likely working with. More stuff to work with viz-a-viz Jarizok, though uh nnnnnot by much. Hm.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hm. Day 1 saw His Fluffiness being the vote for both Jarizok and Sloth. TerRaine and I also voted for him. I know I'm Town. With two separate scum teams voting Fluff, even in light of Sloth himself being the obviously huge wagon, I feel like Fluff might be closer to town than I thought, even during Day2. (Would love to see other thoughts on this particular train of thought, see how it holds up.)

Cobalt-now-Vaimes voted Jarizok Day1, so I don't really see a reason for Vaimes to be Jarizok's partner.

TerRaine and I have been following similar voting patterns; I literally only jumped off the Vaimes wagon at the last second, and apparently unnecessarily-- I'll cop to that and be honest. I had been wish-washy on Jarizok the whole time because I've been trying to keep track of too many people and he was rarely a blip, but the general idea seems to be it's important to get a lynch in every day. Seems real important now.

With Tom being the only town dead, I'm going to assume he was the absolute top target and not that one of the mafia just heckin' forgot. Empoof and His Fluffiness are the only other two who voted for Scum on Day1/Day2, so I'm moreso leaning towards town on both of them than I might have initially.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Note on TerRaine: Sloth tried to build a huge, fairly nothing case against her that now feels like a smokescreen for his own scum status. Same for Jarizok. I dunno if that's a guarantee of anything, but she feels increasingly in town light for me. Probably shouldn't. Jarizok could have easily been her partner and he just tossed a vote her way while his wagon grew in order to make them feel distanced.

Gonna look and see what Ter had to say about Jarizok-- could clear her on that front, if he was her next scum target. idk
    --- Post automerged ---
    She actually seems to be trying to clear Jarizok of being Sloth's partner, but that could be... fine? I mean, Keldeo did mention it would be a good idea to find Sloth's partner to reduce night-kills so it wouldn't be the worst avenue to run down, but it is a bit retroactively weird.

So wait, one mafia team is just a watcher, the other is just a goon. Does that mean anything for us?

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

It means the game is going to be a little bit harder than usual. Two separate scum dead isn't ideal. Both of them can genuinely scumhunt, but there are only Day 1+2 scum interactions to work off of.
    --- Post automerged ---
    There are two Watchers alive though, so both scum can still get caught.

10. CerberAsta

CerberAsta Muggle

Okay yeah, double-checked. Watchers are just slightly better Goons. Huh.

Two NKs is gonna be brutal, but since they can't coordinate, nonsense like a double-shot Tom can happen. So that's a neat feather in our cap.

I'll try to scan over Tom's interactions tomorrow. Might have something to glean.

11. Mendel

Mendel Muggle

Vote Vaimes
    This time, my strongest scum read is still alive.
    You saw him get corned as Sloth's partner, you saw him convince you all that Jarizok was through sheer thread presence, you see Jarizok wasn't Sloth's partner, very predictably, and now you see him turn on me.
    I did not enjoy the second half of yesterday, and I won't enjoy today. But Vaimes is certainly Sloth's partner, and TerRaine is probably Jarizok's.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Sure. Let's have the scum watcher claim.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Btw, EoD moved from 1am to 2am. Watch me sleep through it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    No. Just... no.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'll shut up, I'm starting to get riled up again.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Have fun scum-hunting today, y'all. Be sure to count thread presence as pro-town.
    --- Post automerged ---
    (I really should shut up, I usually don't like sarcasm.)
    --- Post automerged ---
    This mafia has turned fom making my life better to making it worse.

12. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

Tammy + Keldeo are my town today. CerberAsta is my honorable mention.

Probably lynching Vaimes. We'll have to rap this week. I don't disagree with you that Mendel was the person that popped up for me after that Jarizok flip happened when skimming back End of Day. Still need to go over Jarizok interactions though. Wouldn't be that surprised if he was bussed in some way.

Fluff still a blind spot but he's not with Jarizok imo and if we hit Sloth's bro he's probably town.

I'll be in tomorrow night to get nitty gritty with it, pretty sleepy and remembered I should check this. Didn't even open my google doc :sherlock:
    --- Post automerged ---
    Side note Keldeo I TOLD YOU JARIZOK WASN'T SLOTH'S PARTNER :cool:
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hey this sounds like how my Day 1 went.

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Still not Sloth’s partner, Empoof. Or scum in general. That tom shot doesn’t do anything for me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like no offense but I shoot Mendel 100% of the time.

14. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

Vote vaimes

Time enough to convince me otherwise but still quite comfy in you being sloths partner.

Specially after opening with a theory That possesses a hole large enough to stroll through spinning a baton

Also my presence is the next 24 hours is questionable and depending on my whims. Taking the day in self celebration of being an old bitch

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Rolling my eyes.

I’ll break down why I’m still not scum in a bit.
    --- Post automerged ---
    People seem to be going back and forth on whether Sloth could be Ter’s partner or if they’re 100% never a team.

@TerRaine (or anyone since she said she might not be around): can you link me to the Sloth post that makes him and Ter maybe not buddies?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I’ll go ahead and say the argument that scum!Cobalt got demotivated when Sloth died is easily disproven.

Three years ago we ran a game where the scumteam was, ironically, me/Sloth/Cobalt. Cobalt was busy the first few Days. Sloth and I both got lunched Days 1 and 2. Cobalt then made a huge comeback and came pretty close to winning in F3.

I think Cobalt dreams of having a really slick scumgame on DLP. Lurking isn’t really AI for him.

With that out of the way, I believe the only standing argument for me being Sloth’s partner is the way he handled the slot. I’ll tackle that when I get home.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Rip me not linking the game.

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/threads/mini-mafia-7-concussion-mafia.33371/
    --- Post automerged ---
    Even if the game won’t convince you, I think you should at least read Cobalt’s/Newomb’s/Kai’s posts. It’s a pretty funny game imo.

16. Mendel

Mendel Muggle

A point of note: if one scum team holstered (did not shoot) on night 1, and only the other team shot, only one bullet-proof vest would have been used up. That means there was still a second town player to not die last night, which means one scum team's shot would have randomly failed to hit.

If this is what happened, then we would not have had any night kill at all if we had lynched Sloth's partner. It could have happened via Cobalt not knowing a suitable target, or not having any time, and not submitting anything, or via a scum team misunderstanding the BPV mechanic as "no nightkill N1".

17. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Mendel - is your qualifier a standard town game for you?

18. TerRaine

TerRaine Squib

I mean which is more likely? an inactive player didn’t submit a night action or uncollaborative scum teams happened to pick the same exact kill?

19. Empoof

Empoof Muggle

If you mean with only tom dying?

Much more likely uncollaborative scum teams happened to pick the same exact kill given that almost everyone was active yesterDay and most were active at literal End of Day.

20. CerberAsta

CerberAsta Muggle

I'm kinda following the thread that either an inactive player didn't manage to submit in time or they didn't realize what Night1 was gonna be like. Unless Tom was just real hot on the other trails, I can't imagine both happening to pick him. Not sure, but I'mma go read old Tom posts
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Tammy haha, Town!Tom DID townread you.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Right now, Day2 analysis still leans a little towards a Vaimes vote but I'm willing to let things go for a little while before throwing down even a cursory vote ATM.