1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

JoaT^2 15er - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Dels

Dels Muggle

This post 3509 from Fonti is good too. I like this way of thinking because I think you are right, scum (no matter how good they are) often default to providing, like... uh, I usually refer to it as like "reads they could make if they were not in the game". As in, it's hard for scum to make reads that take into account the specific context of a player in this game, but easier for them to make reads like "well in the past I read X for this, well I know X's meta is Y, in general i approach this like X", so I could see Cuth defaulting to reads like that on partners where it's harder to come up with a genuine game-specific take

2. Dels

Dels Muggle

Yes, that's correct. Tom's feelings were about how Waco handled Cuth on the day when Cuth became the clear default lynch. Day... 3?

I touched on this when I ISO'd Waco, I personally didn't really see much to substantiate Tom's strong read. Tom, from what I understand, had a strong belief that Waco didn't handle it like Cuth's partner, because he a) didn't defend Cuth but also b) didn't immediately hop on. He sort of just did his own thing, evaluated it a bit on his own as if the threadstate wasn't clearly going to yeet Cuth no matter what, and only voted after having his own reason for it.

I see why this is a point for town!Waco (I said I liked Waco's independence as well) but I don't find it to be a clearing point. Cuth's buddy could totally fake not knowing that Cuth was 100% going down that day, I dunno, it doesn't seem that hard to me and Waco's posts that day don't seem that strongly lacking TMI.

Let me know if you ever take a look at it and feel differently.

3. Dels

Dels Muggle

This post does line up, btw. Vaimes's top scumreads are Cobalt and Fonti, who are the two people that were pushing tom the strongest while being pissed at him. I'm at no point saying Vaimes views on things couldn't come from a townie, because there is some consistency to them. But the same applies to everyone else as well, of course.

4. Dels

Dels Muggle

3521 I'm not sure why I have this post open in a "to reply to" tab but I think it's because of this part:

I don't really agree with this. Like I said, Fonti has been posting reasons both for and against various other players today, if she's scum she could be keeping herself open to progress onto votes there in the future. Also, if Fonti is scum, she is simply more townread than myself, Cobalt, Vaimes, and Waco (for most of the day at least, until you and Gemma have recently moved her below him), so she doesn't even need to worry that much. She just has to hold course and sail through it because she'd feel we're never yeeting her anyway, even if she evolves some of her reads in the future.

That said I also really like the gamestate/gameplan based arguments in this post and also the other stuff you/Gemma said about Fonti over night so that's all helping me feel comfortable about definitely not considering Fonti until final 3. I would vote Cobalt over her tomorrow. And I'd vote Waco over her tomorrow as well proobably? Unless you really tell me no on that. If we get to some nightmare scenario where we yeet Vaimes->Cobalt and the game doesn't end and I'm final with Fonti/Waco, like... ... I don't wanna think about it. If you can clarify the stuff about Waco that I asked above though then hopefully that'll help.

5. Dels

Dels Muggle

I'm gonna use whatever time I have today to go through Amy and Cuth's ISOs and see if anything moves my needle there, though I'm grateful that Fonti did a lot of this overnight. And if I have time after that I'll reread Vaimes as well. But don't count on me putting any in-depth thoughts in thread about it unless I find anything important.

I won't be around for EoD as usual, and I'm finding it very unlikely my prefered yeet changes today, so I'll be okay to vote early. Not sure how many votes are on right now so I won't do it now though, and I also don't want the day to end until Reg can reply to all the above.

6. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

To be completely honest, this is the last time I play with Regfan in probably a long time and I am milking it for all I've got. Vaimes was probably just conceding with his "maj me I'm ready" posts. But like, yes I have had concerns sort of lurking in the background for a while, and this is my last opportunity to talk with him about them, so if the game continues I'd rather have those thoughts settled, and we've looped back to the milking.

7. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I remember ~most of his posts and I don't feel differently, but I don't really need that to clear him so it's whatever. I'm sure tom doesn't mind as long as the end result is the same.

8. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I'm never yeeting you no matter what Dels! Also I agree, fonti's brain is all wrinkle.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Good morning.

Kill fontisian and Cobalt after I’m dead, in case anyone forgot.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

font, I’m not gonna go over my read of you. It’s not like I wrote it down, and I can’t load a bunch of pages to reread my own posts.

Ask me again if I don’t die toDay, otherwise it doesn’t matter. You’re one of my top witch candidates if Cobalt is town so how about working on yourself instead of me?

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Vote Vaimes

Ball’s in any court but mine.

I’ll be back at deadline, maybe.

12. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

They're icing on the cake of an already solid read. If the game's not over tomorrow I'll explain it in a way you can understand more and isn't redundant, but when you have a strong townread on someone and find interactions with that kind of w/v mouthfeel it's generally a good sign.

13. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I would hammer, but I think that would be rude to Dels.

14. Dels

Dels Muggle

For the record, I am not reading Vaimes based on the "giving up". It could absolutely be he's scum and giving in and we're running around in circles because he's being as clear as he can about it without straight up playing against wincon. It could also be he's town and feels the same way. I am very much against concession meta as well (i.e. supporting a meta of "Well if they were scum they'd give up") so on principle I am not going to base a read on it, especially when I already have a read on Vaimes from 70 other pages.

But yes I'm not in a rush to hammer, I wanna hear from Reg and at least try to do more reading though I admit it's hard when I think the game's about to end. If Vaimes is screaming at me "oh my god you've won, just end it" then oops but 6 more hours won't kill me.

15. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

?

I've been tinfoiling Vaimes since Day 2. If anything, this is the consensus coming into alignment with my feelings.

16. fontisian

Why are you guys thinking about hammering? I have a lot of catching up to do and I need to be sold on Waco /and/Dels. Like, right now I'd probably still yeet Dels before Cobalt. Can you not?

17. fontisian

Also, Reg, being like "Hey, maybe fonti's fooling me, you guys can figure it out if you get there, ok, lets hammer," is not cool, dude.

18. Dels

Dels Muggle

I'm...not? Who is "you guys"? Only Gemma said anything about hammering.

19. Dels

Dels Muggle

I don't think Reg said to hammer, he just said he'd be okay with it ending before EoD. Which is what I said as well, but I'm in the same boat as you of waiting for Reg.

20. fontisian

What are you doing?

If you feel like you need another Day to be convincingly Town, ask for it. Why are yiu self voting?

Like, is this because you're 100% sure the wolf is in me/Cobalt? Or do you think you won't be able to defend yourself if given time? I don't understand.