1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Order Members suck!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Erotic Adventures of S, Apr 27, 2007.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Imagine my disgust when I looked above my avatar to see that I was no longer a noble Unspeakable but a wussy Order member.

Considering this site is Darklord Potter I would think that Death eaters and unspeakables would be above the retarded Order members.

As it is now the rankings stand:-

God of Magic, Avatar, Immortal, Overlord, Darklord, Headmaster, Order Member, Unspeakable, Auror, Professor, Death Eater, Minister of Magic, Auror Apprentice, DA Member, Years 1-7, Squib, Muggle.

Now come on The Death eaters should be above the Order. In HBP the Death eaters came off better off in the fight than the order and they were out numbered. Unspeakables should be above both of those groups to. We might not know much about them but they seem pretty good.

So what do you guys think. Bump the order down a few rankings?

2. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    I don't really care either way. Sorry. Just doesn't seem to be a big deal.

3. Erotic Adventures of S

Easy for you to say... your a Darklord. I find the title insulting. :)

4. Dark Lord Rostam

How many posts does it take to advance to each level?

5. Erotic Adventures of S

Changes as it goes up. From like 10 in the lower lvls to 50 at my lvl to 500 at yours.

6. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

Just spam like DLR.

7. Klael

Klael Headmaster DLP Supporter

Well, as much as they're portrayed as an elite fighting force, in reality they're probably just researchers--so, no, I'm gonna go with them below BOTH the order and the death eaters.

8. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The Order seems to be a group of henchmen, researchers, and guardsmen themselves. From what has been in canon, not fanon, the Order seems to be practically useless. As for the Unspeakables . . . well, think about the name. No one knows what goes on in there so I'm not positive if they would be below or above Death Eaters. Definitely above the order.

9. The Dark Lord Squash

The Dark Lord Squash Denarii Host

Well sorry to hear that you are a Order member nan. Just spam a lot and you will get out of it.

10. Dark Lord Rostam

Seriously.

11. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Make a petition, I'll sign it.

12. Bittersweet

Bittersweet Groundskeeper

Lol, I think you people are seriously undermining the Order. I mean, they aren't that bad really. Take a look at Moody for example, he caught several dozen death eaters during his first stint at the order. James and Sirius were the best students of their generation, they were in the order.
    The Death Eaters are portrayed as oh-so-powerful in fandom, but in the department, Harry and Co survived for quite a while against the Inner Circle, and even took a guy out. Sure they got their asses whooped and sent to St. Mungo's but they still survived for a decent amount of time. For a bunch of powerful, merciless wizards and witches, that's a pretty shitty attempt.

13. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

Ok, now name a Useful order member (other than Dumbledore and Moody) and by 'Useful' I mean someone we know to have taken out one or more deatheaters.

Edit: I don't really care one way or the other, but I want to know how far you've thought this argument though

14. C.S.Kaniel

C.S.Kaniel Fourth Year

Well, there's Remus. We haven't actually seen him do any fighting even in fanfiction, and he could always bite those bitches.

15. Bittersweet

Bittersweet Groundskeeper

The problem is the Order isn't really described very well in canon. They're always on the periphery. The only ones who are described in some detail i.e Moody, James, Sirius, Remus and Shacklebot (I reserve judgment on Tonks) are fairly good fighters (Sirius, James and Moody I've already described). Shacklebot also took out several death eaters, I don't think its specifically stated, but implied.
    Though the best argument I can put forward is, since the Ministry obviously doesn't do crap against the Death Eaters, the only thing holding them in check must the the Order. If it wasn't for the order, it'd be easy to assume that the Death Eaters would've ripped through Britain a long time ago.
    Also, Dumbledore's no idiot. If he hand picked every Order member, it's implied that they all have some specialty to offer the Order, there's no real point on Dumbleore wasting so much of his precious time on them otherwise.

Oh, and a question, how many of the professors are in the Order? I only know of McGonagall.

16. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

...Fucking retards.

Not open for further replies.