1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Story Searches that don't require their own Threads - II

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Dark Minion, Jan 5, 2015.

1. bowlfuloflemons

bowlfuloflemons Muggle

Hello. I’m looking for one that I believe is called Summer at Grimmauld Place. Ginny finds a pixie nest and gives the money to The Order. The mirror at Grimmauld Place is incredibly critical of her appearance. I believe she writes with a bleach pen on the portrait of Sirius’s mother that her son was ashamed of her.

Draco Malfoy gets her and Harry transported to Voldemort. A homemaking spell for connecting pieces of cloth pull her and Harry out of the place.

It’s older. 2003? I searched multiple times and have not found it.

2. LordNiffler

LordNiffler Squib

Hi, I'm looking for a fic that i read ages ago. From what I remember, the story starts with Harry sleeping at the Dursley’s and waking up to a noice created by daphne greengrass breaking in to steal stuff to sell. I also think that she’s doing it because she wants to ransom her parents and sister that is kidnapped by the Death Eaters and being kept in Malfoy manor. I also think they break in and rescues someone by Harry using magic which summons dumbledore and the order. I’m not sure in this last detail, it can be from another fanfic but I think it is from the one I’m looking for. If anyone has any idea I would be grateful if they either could link it or say what the name is!

3. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Does anyone remember the name of that one fanfic where Harry's parents were tortured like Neville's in canon timeline and he was trying to cure it?

4. Donimo

Donimo Auror

5. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

6. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    There was this one Ron-centric fic that had the cast as adults. Ron's playing for the Chudley Cannons as keeper, Hermione is a bitchy ex-wife, Ron has a thing with one of the Patil twins, Harry is off doing sketchy super-wizard stuff. Story ends with Ron and Patil No ? getting together or something after a big quidditch match.

Anyone remember what it was called?

7. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

8. bobodoll131

bobodoll131 First Year

High Score:
    Repost for the new year.

AU oneshot on here, AO3 or FF.net. Vaguely recall that somehow Malfoy was working with Hermione after Harry's death, with Hermione gradually growing more distant and radical. Malfoy investigates her room, where she'd hidden her notes regarding a Dresden-style bloodline curse targeting all purebloods within a polarized mirror. More of a concept piece than an actual story.

Anyone else can recall?

9. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It was a post-war story where Hermione's parents, having been obliviated end up having a second child.

I don't remember much else, just that this was a plot point.

10. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

There was a Neville-POV fic (or maybe it was a oneshot) where Harry got taken over by his future self. I think the action may have taken place in the Department of Mysteries.

I recall there was a scene where Neville looked at Harry and "saw his eyes lit up, and he said "hey nev, want to see something really cool?" and then Harry proceeds to be a badass motherfucker with advanced magic.

Anyone recognize it? The title escapes me.

11. Acquiescing Avian

Acquiescing Avian Second Year

The Dark Lord's Equal

12. ihe

ihe Muggle

I'm looking for a deleted fic. It was a harry potter and criminal minds crossover with a Aaron hotchner and harry potter pairing.
    Title : Friends of yours? Author: CJHarness
    The fic used to be on fanfiction.net before the author deleted their account. I've been looking for it for awhile. I even found the first chapter on the wayback machine but that's it. So does anyone know if the author still has it posted somewhere else or has anyone downloaded it and can send me a copy ?
    Ps: i can join the story or author profile dead links if it helps.

13. James

James Unspeakable

Looking for a fic – Harry goes back to the past, as an adult. Creates some sort of RD / Security company with Remus and few wizards, and then deals with Voldemort, while leaving the company to the young Harry

-+-+-

There's also another story I remember from way back - There's some sort of Order of Immortal Wizards, that somehow take Harry, and teach him. I don't remember much, but what I remember is that the guy that finds Harry is from Sparta or something like that, and one of things they teach Harry "non murder Horcrux", or something like that. It was very 2005, if I remember right, but fun.

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
  14. sirsavagethe21st

sirsavagethe21st First Year

I'm pretty sure the first one is https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6389009/1/Greater-Than-Lesser-Be. Never heard of the second one.

15. James

James Unspeakable

16. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

OMG it's this story. I swear I skimmed through it ten years ago and always remembered little bits of it but never found this exact one again.

2011 means it's probably not the earliest example of the many HP!fanfic tropes this goes at hardcore but it's one of the earlier ones that was readable.

Blast from the past.

((No - it's not actually 'good' imo))

Edit: Fuck - I take it back. This is 3/5 material and belongs in Almost Rec (it's already been submitted to For Review though, years ago). Been re-reading and while it's not high quality it does hold up for what I consider to be 'almost rec' so... if you're interested, here are the relevant tropes you discover in Chapter 1: Ginny/Molly are dosing Harry with Love Potion and have been since he was a kid. Dumbledore was behind that (and other things).

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  17. James

James Unspeakable

There’s this really old fanfic, where Harry is really good at mathematics- so good in fact, that the hat makes him a headmaster instead of sorting. Includes owl Archimedes - that reads - and what could be called dumbledore bashing if it wasn’t so old and is overall just fun blast from the past. Roughly 20k words IIRC. Anybody remember the name?

18. sirsavagethe21st

sirsavagethe21st First Year

I was just reading that yesterday! It's https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7619993/1/Calculation.

19. James

James Unspeakable

lol yeah, just after I posted I realized that Archimedes is in fact quite searchable name.

it’s fascinating how more interesting some of these really old fanfics are, compared to what’s being created/updated nowadays

20. Nick Jarvis

Nick Jarvis Muggle

Bit of an odd request: I'm looking specifically for the DLP thread (if it exists) for the fic "Hermione Granger and the Serpent's Renaissance" by epsi10n (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10991501), because I wanted to review it on the occasion of the first few chapters of the fifth book appearing (this would constitute permissible necro'ing, right?).

I've used the forum's search function, of course -- including scouring the results for partial titles -- but I understand that the search function has failed some people before. Also, it's plausible that the title would be misspelled. I checked Almost Recommended manually, but was also disappointed.
    Why would I not give up the search and make a new thread? Because I could swear I came across a thread about the fic not long ago. I can't exclude the possibility that it's just an offhand mention I'm remembering -- but given that the fic is quite popular (thousands of likes and followers on fanfiction.net), and that it was started five years ago, I can't imagine there wouldn't already be a thread for it. Could it have been deleted or hidden or something? Perhaps mine is an obvious oversight, and I will soon feel very silly.

A quick summary of the fic might help jog someone's memory: The story follows an essentially OC Hermione who is the reincarnated Salazar Slytherin (she is also known as "Sally" in both lives). (The fic was begun as crack.) The first couple books are mostly about Sally rehabilitating the Slytherin name and bridging the chasm between the houses, the later ones bring her into indirect conflict with Voldemort. The fic is memorably suffers from problems with tense.

Thanks very much for the assist, and my apologies if this would have been more suited to another subforum or to its own thread.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021