1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Genshin Impact

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Oct 8, 2020.

1. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Anemo cube event challenge can suck it. Barely squeaked by with 3105.

2. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

I am missing 2% exploration in starfell valley and for the life of me I cannot find whatever it is I'm missing. It took me 20 minutes to get my missing 10% in Brightcrown Mountains, but I have spent more than like 3 hours just running around looking for something.

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Me too. I'm fairly certain it's due to the water areas, but I'm too lazy to go Kaeyak around empty ocean / lake just to fill out the map. Maybe when Ayaka drops.

4. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I'm 100% on all the Mondstadt areas. Wish I knew what to tell y'all.

5. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Xiao kinda reminds me of a Dragoon. His plunge attack thingy is like Jump from FF. I can't. fucking. wait.

He looks so fun.

Ima simp for the handsome boi.

And yeah, I always look at Diona as a budget Qiqi. I benched the loli cat as soon as i pulled the loli zombie.

Edit: So yeah, I'm gonna go hard on Xiao and hope for his weapon on that banner too. I'll throw a couple primos on Ayaka, but won't drop money. Other than that... Ima save for the next (best) husbando (unless he's shit ofc).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  6. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    @Dellez I'm at 100% of starfell valley now.

Things I found that weren't obvious and might help you out:

There are some torches east of the ridge that juts out into Whispering Woods. Light them all for a chest.

Found a pile of stacked rocks northwest of the main hilichurl camp (the one west of the temple of wolf) that you break for a slime and a chest. Hard to spot because there are lots of broken stone pillars around the path that goes through the area.

There was also a well hidden elemental rock that yielded a cryo slime and a chest slightly south of the same churl camp, elevated on a ridge and in the shade of several trees.

Southeast of the teleport next to monstadt there are also some dandelions on a hill right above the temple of falcon. Blast them both and slimes will appear for a chest.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  7. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I 100%ed all areas a while back. Some tips: the compass doesn't show hidden puzzle treasures. And there are a lot of those. I remember having to run around Starfell Valley a few times too. Killing a monster can spawn a chest, usually a large slime or abyss mage or mitachurl. Climbing on top of a structure, picking up a conspicuous item, lighting any stray torch or bonfire... lots of hidden chests. Starfell, in particular, has an anemo slime that spawns a chest, a stone pillar with an apple or sunsettia on top, and an abandoned bonfire, just west of Starsnatch Cliff, that weren't obvious.

I kinda like the cube event going on right now. Choosing challenges to get more points is nice. I scored pretty easy 4k on anemo and electro, since I'm very used to fighting them, but I had killed the geo cube only once in my life, and I don't have a single leveled geo or claymore character right now, so that fight took a few tries to get used to. Very 'raid boss' like.

I wish everything wasn't a 'time trial', though - that's kinda obnoxious. A lot of stuff in Genshin is a dps check more than anything, and I know they focused the Honkai metagame in that direction too. Eh, it's just a mechanic to make you want to pull powerful 5* characters and weapons. As long as it's pretty easy, like this event and the current Abyss, I can't really complain.

I hope the last day of the event has you fight all three cubes simultaneously. With an Oceanid on top.

8. Dellez

Dellez Seventh Year

Got 100% now, thanks everyone. I was missing 3 chests: one randomly out in the world that must have been just outside whatever logic the compass uses when I went by, the torches east of the ridge, and the bonfire west of Starsnatch.

Amusingly, the Mondstadt compass got me a few percent in Liyue from activating it right near the stone gate.

9. Clerith

High Score:
    [​IMG]

Finally.

Keqing/Bennett/Xiangling/Venti + Ganyu/Barbara/Diona/AnemoMC

12-3 is the only floor I didn't get 3* on the first try, and these teams were specifically made for 12-3, especially the Ganyu team. It's a scuffed Ganyu + f2p freeze comp that I ran with Wanderer set, since I had no good Blizzard pieces.

Floor 12 was really just finding a way to deal with geo shields quick, grouping the mitachurls, and lots of dps.

10. Ched

Scuffed?

Working on 11-2 myself at present.

11. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    I can't break 11-2 either. I really wish I had Venti for the grouping. Controlling that first wave and keeping them from the crystal while all the churls spawn spread out is murder. My only "groupers" are Jean, Amber, and to a lesser degree, Sucrose.

12. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

I've done 11-2 but it's such a pain. I can do 1st part with 80% like once every 4 attempts by blocking the archers with Geo MC, but the 2nd part is just frustrating. With Fishl as dps the targeting is just abysmal. I have to stand right on top of the Cicin mage or it will not hit her. What's the point of a ranged character if I have to melee with it? Wish I had Ganyu and just aoe the shit out of them. I think it took me 2 days and most of my patience to get the 2 stars I needed.

13. Ched

I'm using Ning to try and block most of their BS but I still only finished the first half at like 35%. Zhongli in there with her for Petrify. Second half I can't get a good feel for b/c 35% isn't enough to play around with it and test ideas before it's dead.

Might break from it for a week or so and come back with more leveled weapons and possibly a Hydro user (just got Xinqiu) for a freeze comp attempt with Chongyun.

14. Clerith

High Score:
    Venti is pretty broken for 11-2, the side he's on I usually clear without taking any damage on the monolith. But you know, the f2p clear videos actually use anemo MC over geo. The grouping, cc and aggro is better. You also need to know which enemies target the monolith instead of you, and kill/aggro them as a huge priority. For example, on the first side, if you kill the first archer on the right (who automatically targets the monolith), the newly spawned archer now targets you instead. This way, both archers shoot at you, and you can kill all the melee guys before touching the rest of the archers. The shield guys and one of the mitachurls always attack the monolith, while the club guys aggro on you, so you can kinda ignore them. The other side is harder and I cheese it with Venti, but you need to tap the treasure hoarders who throw attacks to aggro them, then aggro the cicin mage, and fight away from the monolith, since the bugs spawned by the mage can shred the monolith if they happen to start attacking it.

Abyss, in my experience, is around 30% team comp, 30% actual power level, 30% strategy, and 10% rng. The last few tight 9* clears needing a bit more dps.

15. Ched

Huh, might give Anemo MC a go. His talents are decent and I've kept him somewhat leveled. They putting the VV set on him for this? Or I guess it doesn't really matter if he's for CC and aggro.

16. Clerith

High Score:
    VV yes, might as well use the massive -resistance shred for your main dps. AnemoMC is pretty good, his ult can group and pull away the initial shield mob towards the first archer, and then you can hopefully aoe them down before they aggro on the monolith again.

Do note however that enemies have cc resistance if your level is too much below them (20?), so I think you want your anemo unit to be 74 or 76 or something in 11-2. Lv80 AnemoMC's skill full channel swirling an element will full aggro a group, while lv60's might not.

17. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

My MC is low lvled anyway so wouldn't work and it works for the most part with Geo, if I didn't have boomer hands it would probably even work reliably. I've lvled up my Jean in the meantime and once I level her talents I should just yeet the Cicin mage to oblivion.

Now if only I would get some rings from the Wolf for Klee/Mona that would also improve my clear speed. I haven't gotten it once since I've started playing which is just stupid.

18. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Personally, I think Sucrose is even better than Venti (and anemo MC obvs) if you have her, try her first.

BTW, 1.3 Vid just dropped. Even if you don't care, they put 3 codes in there that'll give you 300 primos. I'd paste them, but they just put them on the screen, not in the description -

Some highlights:
    • You get to choose one of the LiYue 4*s for free (I'm gonna get XinQiu)
    • New Tower defence event
    • Xiao banner first, then Keqing banner second (so tempted, but I'd rather save for characters I don't have than constellations)
    • 10 free Intertwined Fates during Xiao banner (not sure if at once or one daily or some such)
    • Leyline blossom event where the first 3 every day give double rewards
    • The character ascension material transmutation
    • Lots of primo event rewards
    • New expedition event thing where you send parties to do it and match up the element required. This event also includes some new huge boss-type enemies in the wild for bounties.
    • Code 1: Jssk8n23jzr Code 2: dU2mhjQL1ZT Code 3: nBEm3myAL2b

19. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Cheers mate.

20. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

I use her and while I don't have Venti I've seen what he can do and Sucrose isn't even close. Ult range and pulling power is way lower. In most abyss floors you have to group them up first and then ult with Sucrose to have any chance for a good ult, with Venti it seems like you just ult and it drags the whole floor in. Not to mention the 80 energy ult and the damage Venti does is higher as well. The only thing she's better is that your melees can hit the enemies easier, or am I missing something?