1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

New Dungeon Keeper game on the way

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by MrMucus, Dec 3, 2008.

1. MrMucus

MrMucus Groundskeeper

Guess what? It's another MMO...

Source 1

Source 2

I loved that series when I was younger. Oh well.

Apparently Asian MMO's give a whole new meaning to the word 'grind' as well.

2. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

"Needless to say, with the most of the old Dungeon Keeper crew working for the Microsoft-owned Lionhead Studios, including Peter Molyneux, it doesn't seem likely that any of the original talent will be lending a hand to ensure that the classic Dungeon Keeper humour is carried over into the remake."

Thank god, the last thing they needed to do was slaughter the DK series even more.

DK 2 was terrible. The Graphics were the only decent thing about it; other than that, they should've kept the original DK & DK:DD engine/gameplay. Hell, might as well have kept the old graphics too.

How on earth are they going to make an MMO on this anyway? Everyone builds a Dungeon online & you kill off the 40 other guys starting next door while they're offline? *sigh*

Just give us more Dk games from the original game, not that crap Bull Frog called a sequel...

3. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

Wut??? DK 2 was my first ever strategy game and shut up it was effing brilliant!

Rose-tinted glasses? C'est quoi?

Anyway, its probably for the best that I'll never be able to play this game, the rest of my life is already threatened by Star Wars Old Republic and the elusive Firefly MMO. No need to add another game I'd salivate for to the mix.

The humour probably would be crap. Molyneux might be a bit off a large-mouthed twat, but his games were (and still are) undeniably amusing.

4. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Dk2 was total garbage, I agree. The original DK is better than DK2. I've played both, and can honestly say that DK2 isn't all that great. Fuck EA. It's probably pay monthly anyway. Would have been better if they made another DK game style.