1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Jade Empire Special Edition for the PC

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Kang, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Despite numerous mentions in other Bioware games, I haven't seen one for Jade Empire. That being said the game reminds me of KOTOR, but is vastly different via the direct action compared to the thrill of KOTOR and the "sit back and pwn" of KOTOR II. Also the game is dated, (2007, I believe) but needs a fairly decent spec to run nicely. Also if you happen to have a PC Special Edition like me,:cool: you need to run it as an Administrator owing to the problem with saving otherwise.

Opinions?

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I played it for the xbox awhile back. I was not impressed. It seemed to be a good game, but way, way, way too much reading and backstory shit setting up that universe.

Some of it was awesome, but some of it just failed to live up to what I expected. I think I just heard too many folks on the dev's ballsacks screaming how great it was and had my expectations too high.

I like the planet/level whatever you want to call it with the big contraptions, annoyed the hell out of me, but it was worth it to see all the stuff in action.

3. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Yup, just about everyone hates the flying parts. Mainly because it feels like you're playing Space Invaders.

4. Knox

Knox The Last Remnant DLP Supporter

At the crossroad where the demon lies. Waiting to
    The special addition for console has a warrior monk class and a few more weapons, nothing to great. Anything different about the PC version? Updated graphics mayhaps? If so I would get it. I loved Jade Empire when it came out on the Xbox back in the day.

/me goes to finish his petition to force Bioware to speed up the release of Jade Empire 2.

5. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

I found it to be a fun game to play. I had actually never heard of it until I found it for $10.00 in the bargain bin

Taken from Jade Empire wikipedia page. I never played the console version of the game. So I can't comment on that aspect.

There are some mods out for it. Sadly, the mod community consists of maybe 6 mods (last play through, about 2 months ago).

Last edited: Dec 23, 2008