1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Golden Sun DS

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Calis Clayr, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Calis Clayr

Calis Clayr Seventh Year

One of the smallest countries in the world
    Trailer

After six long years, Golden Sun lives again.
    Unfortunately, the trailer reveals absolutely nothing, but at least it's been announced...

Am I the only one who's ridiculously, deliriously happy right now? I hope not...

2. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

OH MY FUCKING GOD.

That pretty much sums up my exact thoughts.

3. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

This was the only announcement of E3 that actualy got an audible exclamation of suprise and joy. I'm hoping its a direct sequel, and that I can do something with my copy of The Lost Age. I spent a ridiculous amount of time getting all the djinni, summons and levelling the entire party up to level 100.

Then I played against with the multiplayer. Truly my Golden Sun fanboyism has no bounds. In fact I distinctly remember it being one of the first fandoms that got me reading fanfics.

I hope they release a trailer that shows something other than environment shot soon.

4. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

I was so stoked when it came out I was hyperactive for several hours. I'm pretty sure I weirded out some of my friends with how strange I was being. But I don't care. GS and TLA were and are my favourite two games on the GBA, and definitely in the top 5 ever.

After going dark six years ago, 2010 will see a new dawn. Golden Sun DS updates the popular portable Golden Sun role-playing series with an impressive graphical style. This installment follows the story of the previous heroes’ descendants and immerses players into the magic of its adventure by pushing the boundaries of intuitive touch-screen controls. Golden Sun DS is playable on the Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi systems.

-From the press release.

Also, a part of the prologue was released as well.

"The heavens stormed. The lands quaked. The seas raged. Across the land, people prepared for the end of the world. The tale spread that this great calamity was caused by some unknown soul who had released a forbidden power upon the world."

- Taken from an image from the Golden Sun DS demo unit at Nintendo's E3 booth.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  5. KrzaQ

KrzaQ Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I'm buying a DS just for this game. I am, too, hoping that my GS & GS:TLA cartridges will find some use.

I came buckets when I first heard, but that was over 10 days ago.

6. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

Seriously, he did.

I am also buying a DS for this purpose.

I blame you, KrzaQ, for getting me hooked enough to blow all my hard earned government given money on this. For shame.

7. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

The dozens of hours...

The definition of Nintendo Hard...

The sheer awesomeness...

Mind... shutting... down... too... much... epicness...

*Goes off to steal a DS*

8. Mr Strike

Mr Strike Epic Awesomeness DLP Supporter

Golden Sun wasn't that hard. Though it was still the best J-RPG I've played in a long while.

Man, new Golden Sun, new Zelda (two I suppose, if you count Spirit Tracks), some new Mario and a new Metroid... that's a lot of fuckin' sequels coming out. Props for originality, Nintendo!

Doubt I'll buy a DS for this but I will sure as hell try to find a working emulator.

9. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I remember the Jupiter Lighthouse. FUCK I was so confused.

I remember the Tri Headed Dragon final boss.
    Motherfucker kept on blitzing ALL of my Djinnis.

I remember Dreadbeard(?) - the motherfucker of Crossbone Island.
    I didn't know he was there.

BAM, big bad butt pirate fucked you out of nowhere.

At the precocious age of thirteen GS was amazingly hard.

10. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

Deadbeard. The King of Pirates. And Isaac became the King when he won the battle.

The battles weren't that difficulty in my experience (I tend to over raise). Only Doom Dragon (end boss of the TLA) and Poseidon (needed a Trident to beat him, and I didn't know that >_>) and Dullahan ("bonus" boss in Anemos Inner Sanctum; now he was hard) gave me trouble.

The puzzles were what baffled me when I first played. Took me forever to figure out some of them... even the first one. GS was the game I'd played that used puzzles (FFs puzzles don't compare at all) and they were hard for a newbie.

Then I played The Longest Journey and saw that GS was child's play in comparison... goddamned pixel hunting.

11. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Dullahan. Damn the fucker sucked. Djinn Storm followed by Charon. Sucks that I sold my copy of TLA when I went to get my DS.

Supposedly the Jupiter adept is now the heavy attacker and the main character, Isaac's descendant, is a mage type with some warrior abilities.