1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

And The Power The Dark Lord Knows Not Is...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dubrichius, Mar 5, 2006.

1. chronic dragon

chronic dragon Seventh Year DLP Supporter

2. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Really...huh well Gohan had his fathers "spirit" behind him powering the beam and besides Gohan's not a wuss...sometimes. Harry's one all the time

3. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year

4. Syn

Syn Fourth Year

i'm pretty sure the power the dark lord knows not is jk rowling's shitty writing.

i'm sure that rowling will have the trio track down, and destroy all the horcruxes in one chapter (maybe not even that much, maybe just a sentence). this would follow logically for how she dealt with the loose ends in OotP.

then she'll throw in some more teenage loveangst.

maybe it'll be something spectactularly gay like harry redeeming voldemort back to tom riddle or somesuch nonsense...and riddle ends up headmaster of hogwarts...

i mean, redeemed tom riddle IS vanquishing the "dark lord" persona, right?

and that's what dumbledore always wanted...and it doesn't leave harry a murderer.

that would be horrendously retarded. but i put nothing past this author in the realm of ridiculousness. at one point in time, i thought the series had a lot of potential other than capturing the essence of a "fantasy" setting...you know, actual character progression and solid plot development.

bah, humbug.

5. cazten

cazten Slug Club Member

it would be cool if harry could develope some rare magical ability. One that did NOT get surpressed by dumbledore at a young age and one that doesnt involve ghosts visiting your dreams at 16 and endowing you wih the ancestrial power.

6. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year

hold up. why in the world would voldermont put part of his soul in a bloody dieary. that's a part of his soul going down the drain right there. for a genious he sure is an idiot.

and the power of the dark lord knows not. don't make me laugh, harry has know power. he doesn't even know what love is like and that guy is only what 16 years old.

JKR is going to get harry to kill voldermont filling his head with love, and he goes to dust.

and by the way did the books mention how the horcuxs make voldy immortal.

7. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Alright. I didn't care for HBP as much as the next person, but I think way too many people here have let the truly cruddy fanfiction in the world cloud your judgment and understanding.

JKR has never had any sort of extenuating love/romance crap at all in the books. HBP had some rushed, poorly explained, poorly thought out Harry/Ginny moments. But the average fanfic one-shot has more romance than the entire canon series does. Why the hell do you think these teenage boys and girls whine and moan about what ships there will be? Because JKR hasn't touched on that stuff and I will be shocked if she does. She's writing about teenagers. They will like-like girls and boys in that monster in the chest sort of way. But this isn't sweet valley high. The focus of the books is the magic, the triumph of good over evil, david over goliath, and the fantastical world it's all set in. Not bloody romance. They won't be getting married, they certainly won't be fornicating, and the power of love is not going to be anything like a husband and wife love. It's going to be friendship and loyalty crap. It's all the horrid stuff authors have pumped out that get people thinking the Power of Love requires the soul mate mother of Harry's children. JKR would take so much crap if she marketed these books to children with teenagers getting married and knowing they're in love, yada yada yada. There may be a bit of cruddy drama. Passing notes and breaking up but not really. The usual tripe found in 90% of all fanfiction.

But the love, if it is love that is the Power Known Not, will rely more on Hermione and Ron, than it will Ginny. And given Dumbledore talked about it that way, and JKR treats Dumbledore's word as practically fact, I'm inclined to think it will be something close to this. Not a mystical power Deus Ex Machina thing. Either way, I do not think the Power the Dark Lord Knows Not is going to be something clearly stated, something fully understood, something known before the final battle. It's going to be the sort of thing that they look back on and realize that Tommy was all evil and simply couldn't understand the idea that Harry would willingly give his life to save his friends, or something drippy and sentimental like that. I have high hopes JKR will pull it off in a respectable manner too. I'm not saying necessarily Harry is going to die, but I wouldn't put it past her.

Give the woman a little credit. I may not like the way the canon world is going, but she has created the universe we like so much. And all the romance in all the books is about as much as she took to explain the rules of quidditch. It's fanfiction romance that needs to be dragged in the street shot, run over, shot again, crapped on, shot once more, burned, and fed to the dementors.

8. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

if even one horcrux is still around he can never be permanently destroyed, they are like an anchor to the land of the living.

9. That_Boy

That_Boy DLP Elite DLP Supporter

Amen, that's what I've been meaning to say for a long time but couldn't get the energy or will to type. Well said.

10. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

It's love! It has to be!

No...not the furry beams of pink light that practically ooze affection and sex. It's friendship-love.

Harry loves Ron and Hermy so long time, that he will steal their souls in an arcane spell, and thurn them into pink bludgers. Those bludgers will them proceed to beat the living snot out of Voldemort. Eventually, the Dark Lord will die, cursing the brat's name to the high heavens. Of course, he's not going there, he's going straight to hell.

The devil hasn't lubed up his trident-dildo in millenia.

Then, Harry will spit on his broken body, and proceed to Gringotts, where he will fall in love with Griphook, and grow a beard until he is needed again. JK will not let him simply live. He will come back as Headmaster of Gobbledygook school of Goblin Wiz...Magic-y.

BTW- That_Boy...i couldn't make head or tail of your avatar for a few seconds there. That little part in the upper left corner made me think that you'd made a (finally) accurate representation of Ginny's..puss- uh...cat. That's it...a cat. Ginny's cat. Yes.

Forgive me for this vast piece of refuse. Please.

11. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year

12. apocalypsemeow

apocalypsemeow Professor DLP Supporter

Meh...It should totally be some odd little magic power that no one would expect Harry to have. Screw the whole love thing, and any sort of Harry-being-the-heir-to-a-Hogwarts-Founder, but I'm not quite sure what then...Oooh, perhaps his animagus form is something like the plague(yeah, I know, not an animal. Maybe it is a long lost spell), and he infects Voldemort, and everyone else in the process. Then most of the people die, except a select few...

13. Necrule Paen

Actually the plague is caused by a bacteria, which is an animal, technically, although I think to become an animal it would need at least a brain stem.

14. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year

man. power of the dark lord knows not....don't make me laugh. there is no such thing.

15. apocalypsemeow

Necruel...Yeah, I was kind of counting on that fact. Though, to infect people, wouldn't he have to go inside them? And, uh, infect? Then how would he get out? *Wonders at the strangeness of her idea* Well, if he could cause a plague, it would be all good and such.

16. Necrule Paen

Well, one of him can get out and become him again and the rest cease to be him and be simply the bacteria, or billions of Harry can change back, or it is for that reason that wizards can not turn into bacteria no matter how revolting they may be.

17. apocalypsemeow

Hmmm...Like the millions of Harry idea, then he can take over the world!! Of course, he could go and infect people, and change back while inside them. Then exploding the person. Kinda messy, but hey? What's wrong with messy?

18. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    His power could be that he is going to launch a massive patronus, that seems to be the only thing he's good at.

Or hes going to use his broom to ram into Voldemort to kill him.

19. david9

david9 Banned

Ugh...I just had a perfectly good fic ruined by that shit. MI5!Harry hurts my brain [​IMG]

20. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

You know.... the prophecy never says that Harry will use the power to destroy Voldie. All it says is that he will have a power Voldie knows not. And as that goes it can very well be love. I mean Voldie isn't the most loving person. So its a power he doesn't understand. Corny as it is. There is just no mention of this mysterious power being used to destroy Voldie.