1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fanfiction's Worst Summaries v5.0

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Dark Syaoran, Sep 14, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. EvilSkittles

EvilSkittles DA Member

Or he's so horrified that he's retching blood.

2. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm not sure if this is epic fail or epic win... but:
    Carlisle Consumed » by Richard Burns Your Time of Day
    Carlisle is crossing the Channel to France, looking for knowledge. There is a fire breathing Super Shark. What's there not to like?
    Twilight - Rated: K+ - English - Humor/General - Chapters: 2 - Words: 1,873 - Reviews: 1 - Updated: 9-22-09 - Published: 9-19-09 - Carlisle

Really, what's there not to like?

3. Portus

Portus Heir

o-O. Seems to me that if she could see the future, she'd already know the answer.

Wow. Methinks Richard was dropping acid when he watched the Twilight movie. Seriously, a fire breathing Super Shark? WTF is that, anyway?

4. Schrodinger

High Score:
    Its a crossover with Austin Powers, apparently.

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Carlisle is a city. Unless it has somehow managed to sprout legs and walk down to the south coast, it ain't getting anywhere near the Channel.

6. EvilSkittles

EvilSkittles DA Member

This is fan fiction, logic holds no sway here.

7. Schrodinger

High Score:
    ... damn. How can you guys criticize a book you clearly don't know shit about? At least when I hate on Twilight, I do it on its actual faults. To explain, Carlisle is the Vampire daddy of the sparklies in Twilight. He is the one who made Edward into a vampire. In this fic, while swimming the Channel, he gets eaten by a fire-breathing shark with delusions of grandeur.

8. The Santi

The Santi Professor

Conspiring For Happiness » by Dream-Like-State reviews “You know, Helena, we don’t HAVE to marry those dolts.” Alice tells me, eyes just screaming conspiracy. But what happens when they DO get free? Chaos, I tell you, complete and utter Chaos. Oc/AdrianPucy Oc/MarcusFlint Oc/OliverWood NEW SUMMARYRated: T - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 7 - Words: 14,670 - Reviews: 7 - Updated: 8-19-09 - Published: 4-12-09 - OC & Adrian P.

Yeah, my eyes scream conspiracy all the time as well.

9. Mordac

Mordac Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

1. Freaks and Geeks » by Hello Moto reviews
    Au Non Magic. Draco Malfoy was born deaf, and now he is being forced to go to a boarding school in New England for the first time. Things aren't going his way. Then he meets Harry Potter, a boy with more than his fair share of secrets.
    Harry Potter - Rated: M - English - Romance/Drama - Chapters: 19 - Words: 54,529 - Reviews: 722 - Updated: 8-26-08 - Published: 9-22-05 - Draco M. & Harry P.

10. The Santi

The Santi Professor

Wow, 722 reviews. The slash fangirls must be out in force for this piece of shit.

11. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

First three words make me not want to read it. I mean, this is Harry Potter fanfiction after all. Magic is its lifeblood.

Next five words scream "must sympathize with Malfoy!". The six words afterward further this aim, particularly with the word "forced". Then, we surmise the first sentence with "things aren't going his way", just in case we missed it. I'm too jaded about slash, and have been for a long time, for the last line to make me feel anything.

722 reviews... I suppose the summary is effective in making fangirls sympathize with Malfoy.

12. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I disagree. It's a wonder this author somehow manages to get less than 50 'reviews' per chapter despite writing Harry/Draco slash... She must really suck (or Harry doesn't suck enough, if you get my drift). Besides, by calling fangirl squealing as reviews you are seriously overestimating them.

13. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Ooh, ooh! Look at what I found!

Draco's heir (M+) by DelilaGrace | Reviews - 113 | Words: 23941 | Completed: No

Harry and Draco where once blissfully happy, until Harry does something so devastating that it tears them apart. Never telling draco of their oncoming child will draco ever find out about his child? how and when? come, read and enjoy!

113 reviews. Day-um.
    The author apparently lost the [shift] button after the first nine words. He hasn't grasped the concept of "sentence." Is it *possible* to correctly spell "devastating" while being unable to distinguish between were and where?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  14. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    With the spell checkers on most word documents, it's easy to see how they can spell the words correctly, but use them in completely wrong places...

15. LadyKitti

LadyKitti Second Year

The Third Time is a Charm » by lady.edgecombe reviews A child was born to return the pureblood ways of long ago, what would you do to save him? His inheritance stolen and his friends are traitors who can he turn to? A strange woman appears-friend or foe? Warn-language,child abuse, M/M AD/RW/HG bashing

I reread it 3 times and I am still confused.

Sucks To Be Me For Want Of A Better Title by In Need Of Slash Fix reviews When Harry tells Ginny and Draco as well, what secret will Hogwarts be itching to tell? Okies. Epic fail on trying to be ... whatever that WASN'T. Read on DD

err ...what? Is it so hard for someone to make their summaries coherent?

~Kitti

16. reggin

reggin Filthy Half-Breed DLP Supporter

The quality of shit like this is ... amazing?

Talkshow 5! by Htaed is Death backwards
    Talkshow with Harry, Draco, Sirius and Voldemort.

EDIT: Scratch that this shit is ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  17. Stenstyren

Stenstyren Professor

That shit was plain stupid. Not even funny in a weird sort of way...

18. LadyKitti

LadyKitti Second Year

The Distance in Your Eyes » by Pfeifenkraut reviews Fucking him in a damn cornfield was not an option, damn it! It was definitely not an option when your mate was laying unconscious at your feet with a gaping wound at his neck, spraying tremendous amounts of blood at your feet. No, it was NOT an option!

:eek: There are no words...I am speechless

~kitti

19. Sarah

Sarah Daddy Issues

I actually read that for the lulz.

20. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Well, what's your verdict? Is it so bad it's good, or is it just plain bad?

Not open for further replies.