1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Sokohn1

Sokohn1 Squib

One of my teachers works for the company that was developing this game. I love that class.

I do feel kind of sorry for him, since he showed both the trailer for this game as well as for Brutal Legends, and everyone went crazy over Brutal Legends.

2. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Manual aim is for X-Box faggots, Sony. YOU NEED TO LEARN THIS.

3. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

o_O

Why would you want the ease of auto-aim? This isn’t GTA, Xiph, firefights and running behind cover and taking careful aim is a huge part of this game. Auto-aim would make the game ridiculously easy.

4. Lord Potter

Lord Potter Backtraced

Agreed, a game with auto aim fails.(unless it's GTA or alike) First Person shooter games, really need manual Aim, for better game play. Manual aim is the thing that decides if you are a noob or someone with skills, and if you know how to control recoil.

I might buy the game, but my Samsung LCD TV is only 32" 1080P though.

5. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Or you know... playing on the console... I do have to admit people who can play and LIKE fps on the console, are either a very patient, or b insane.

keyboard and mouse ftfw.

6. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

You say that. But at least with manual you know you achieved something when you get over 100 head shots, I'm shooting for 250 now:awesome

That and taking an M4 and gunning down a bunch of saps that were coming up the stairs behind you.

7. RedNehi

RedNehi DA Member

How long is the story? Anyone beaten it or anywhere close?

8. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

It was a huge part of GTA too, the AI knew how to use cover and had range almost beyond your field of vision, it was still pretty hard. I really, really dislike manual aim on consoles. Analog just doesn't work for me, too sensitive.

9. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Beat it. The ending is made of win, Clowns is the only thing your getting out of me:awesome

This is easily a 5/5, the story was amazing, and the sights were incredible.

10. Noesant

Noesant Squib

Look forward to, maybe, ten hours of gameplay. I beat in two sittings, which sounds like 'lolnolife', but it's very easy to get sucked in to the game. The game play is generally fast-paced, barring puzzle areas, though these are few and far between.

The game is eye-candy, though that only adds to the immersion. The beauty is something to be in awe of, but I often found myself looking around and trying to find where to climb because it's not always obvious.

A bit of advice, beat it on hard the first time because it'll be a while before you play it again, even with all the unlockables.

In summation, I'd give it a 4.5/5, though that's only because I beat it the day after it came out, and it seems like it should have been longer (or more challenging) than that.

11. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

I beat it on hard in three sittings.

The game is gorgeous. It is much better than the previous one. Finally the shooting isn't tedious and is enjoyable. Of course, there are some flaws:
    The druged up dudes in Shambhala - they can suck bullets like they are made of water, but they die from two shots from a fucking crossbow - IMO it is a bad design.

The finale fight - Lazarevic has a huge fucking hand to throw four fucking grenades AT ONCE.

"Clowns":awesome