1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Ace Combat series

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Vengashii, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Vengashii

Vengashii Banned

I searched and didn't see a thread for it, so anyways...

One of my friends has been raving about this series for a few years now and I only just recently got to play a bit of Ace Combat Zero with a friend on the weekend.

To put it simply, i'm frickin hooked. Anyone else play it?

2. Nocdia

Nocdia Sixth Year

Yup, It's an awesome flight combat game series. Ace Combat Zero was good, I'd check out Ace Combat 5 if you like it. Ace Combat Zero actually serves as a sort of prelude to AC5. I thought the story for both games was very engaging and more intriguing then expected from a flight game.

AC6 has better gameplay, with more diverse mission objectives and outcomes but I think suffers on the story side. Still, if you become a fan it's worth checking out if only for the replay value offered by the different objectives and outcomes that occur in missions.

AC4 is also worth checking out, it's a little old with worse graphics and less cut-scenes but it's still the same old fighter combat.

3. azrael

azrael Professor

I personally thought that Ace Combat Zero was the best of the series. After all the mysterious, vague backstory given in 5 it was pretty cool to run into Huckebein and Heartbreak One 15 years in the past. I played AC6 on the 360 and I didn't like it as much; the story seemed weird and the combat/flight elements felt weird for some reason compared to AC0 and AC5 on PS2.

4. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Best flying games I've ever played. The gameplay is great and there's something epic about hearing enemy squadrons panicking and screaming "Another missile lock?!? Nuuuuu!"

5. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

One of my favorite things about it, that you can hear their comms. Ace Combat's a mega-favorite series, and the best of them all is without a doubt is AC4.