1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Emulation question about sorting roms

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by bornagainpenguin, Jul 18, 2010.

1. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

Hypothetically speaking, if someone had say a collection of Capcom CPS1 and CPS2 roms all tossed together in a sinle folder and wanted a way to split the files by type into a folder called CPS1 and CPS2 without having to bash his head against the wall one at a time, is there a utility that can do this automatically? Also is there a tool to scan a directory of say NES roms and remove the duplicates?

Thanks!

--bornagainpenguin

PS: If this discussion is considered against the rules or in the wrong place mods please feel free to move it or remove it as needed, but please PM me to let me know so I don't go nuts trying to find it later.

---------- Post automerged at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

Never mind I just finished sorting the capcom roms manually. I just didn't feel like doing it the hard way but several searches have made it pretty clear that there are no real shortcuts to this type of thing.

AHEM... That is to say hypothetically the only way to do this would be to manually sort through the rom sets. This post is not meant to imply that any illegal acts or illegal software is in evidence. So yeah...

--bornagainpenguin

2. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Couldn't you have just sorted by filetype and c/p'd?

3. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

I don't think so, they're all *.zip files the difference between CPS1 and CPS2 have more to do with the emulator required to display them than anything else.

I finally managed to get everything organized only to find out that many of my collected roms are corrupt. This is what happens when you rely on DVDRs burnt on old burners... So I'm doing what I have to do to start over, this time separating as I go.

Hypothetically speaking of course.

--bornaginpenguin