1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Darkspore

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Antivash, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Link

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Hey, maybe they'll make it take 5 hours to get to a boring as shit end game where you do the exact, identical thing for infinity. Or you know, for like 20 hours on the low side, so you could get to the galactic core for a pathetic ending that was basically just an easter egg.

3. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    From the one or two screenshots I've seen it looks like they pound for pound ripped it off of Starcraft, as for the game itself, kiss the darkest part of my white ass EA.

That is all.

4. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

Has anyone read the description for this game yet? Basically it states that everyone who played the first Spore were arrogant assholes and accidentally created the 'villains' for this game. It made me lol.

5. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Welllllllllll.....in all fairness, people who go around populating the universe with giant penis monsters for kicks do fairly much qualify as arrogant dicks.

6. Midknight

That was quite punny.

When I played Spore, for all it's fucking claims of drawing creatures and stuff from hundreds of thousands of other players, I saw the same gorilla like creature with different empire names stretched across a dozen or so individual stars, minutes apart. I shouldn't of seen the samed damned guys again, not with all the players. I never encounted a penis monster, but I did see one once that looked like Wall-E, lol.

7. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

I honestly see this as an attempt to try and garner more mainstream gamers. Make it more cool by giving it an edge. I know the first one sold pretty well initially, but I don't know how well it's staying power was. I've not touched mine nor heard anything about it in a while.

8. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

The first one actually did better than sales reports reflect.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/155315/spore_tops_piracy_charts_but_dont_blame_drm.html

9. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Spore was the most disappointing game of all time, I nearly died of anticipation during the three years I waited for the game to finally come out, and it sucked so bad...

10. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

I had heard about that awhile ago, but had forgotten. It's also interesting to note how many of those that cracked it the first time are prepping themselves to cracking this one. On principle maybe? heh.

I'm curious to see what length EA will go to prevent something like that from happening again.

11. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I actually really loved the first stage of Spore. The really simple 2D bit. I found it really fun. The rest was pretty crap.

12. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Why do I get the feeling that this is going to be Tiberian Twilight all over again? -_- (For those familiar with the C&C franchise, you'll understand the analogy).

13. Midknight

Yeah I just watched the intro video and I was thinking this too. I've played the first level via the Steam beta, and the concept doesn't seem horrible. So far thought, the painting system on your heros is the exact same as Spore's, and the parts/evolving screen is identical almost.

Basically they just took the guts of Spore, threw on an isometric view and some stat screens, and ran with it.

14. Midknight

Started back playing the beta on the final day, lmao. The game itself isn't horrible, but it needs a great deal of something else to be worth bothering with. The need to constantly be connected online if fucking annoying and a deal breaker. If I wanted my single player games to have a community feel... I'd NOT be playing single player.

They claim it's so folks can group and help, but the levels are easy, it's just DRM, don't let them try to BS you.