1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

inFAMOUS

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Republic, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    [​IMG]

Views, opinions, complaints, anything. Plus your thoughts on the sequel.

I'm really mad at this game right now, because I'm one stupid blast shard away from a platinum.

P.S:I didn't see any topics regarding this game, but if there is one, point it out and this one may be locked.

2. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I prefer Prototype for my mindless violence game.

3. justbrowsing

justbrowsing Seventh Year

I fucking loved this game. When I first got it I beat it on good on a non hd tv. Then when I got an hd tv I beat it again on evil. And then I beat it two more times on good. I have prototype as well and while that's a quality game with a ton of potential, infamous was my favorite.

The sequel looks incredible as well. The new abilities like his lightning storm tornado are insane. Good luck getting your last shard.

4. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Dont remind me. I've decided to just give up, and print a map and start crossing off blast shards. Considering there 350 of the god damn things, thats pretty annoying. I've so far cleared the Historical District and 1/3 of the Neon District.

The first videos about the sequel sucked. With Cole being totally different from the original. Actually hair, more cheery attitude and (worse of all) different voice, made me want to kill the developer's kids, fuck his wife and daughter and slowly torture and kill him. NO ONE messes with Cole's voice! It was the single best thing about the first game.
    BUT thankfully later videos show a much more believable Cole, again with shaven hair and his awesome voice.

5. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I hate inFAMOUS. It was a majorly jading moment when I realized high praise from DLP IRC made me waste 50$ The side-quests are repetitive [grind the wire!], Cole has essentially one power [shoot lightning] and you never ever feel like you're getting better than your enemies. If anything, they get harder the more you level. Which was exactly Oblivion's flaw.

Massively overrated title.

6. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Funny, that's my exact opinion on Dragon Age. I thought that game was fucking horrible, but most people seem to like it for some reason. Huh.

I did enjoy inFAMOUS, but it's definitely flawed. If you don't like the story, or don't like doing the side quests (which I always wished I could do more of, personally), then...welp. I DO wish there was something to do other than essentially meaningless collection after you finish the game, though. :?

7. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

It's stylishly done, with good graphics and good moving mechanics, but that isn't all that's needed for a good game.

If I just wanted that I'd still be buying Final Fantasy games.

8. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Dude, thats what the upgrades are for. And even without them, you can easily kick major ass unless you are trying to lose.

I do admit that the side quests could use more variety. And some awesome side quests were rare.

9. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Uhhhh, he has a point there, actually. Cole realistically doesn't have a lot of options. More often than not you'll be using the basic lightning bolt until you get the snipe power, and even then you'll still use the basic bolt more often than not. The other abilities aren't that useful until the endgame.

Also, Cole is the most fragile motherfucker outside of The Kid, and that bugged the fuck out of me. If you don't have cover or you're careless, you're dead. That's not that fun.

And I liked the game.

10. imanut

imanut First Year

Meh, I couldn't get into the game. I played it for probably four or five hours, but it just never pulled me in. I just found it boring. At least I traded it back immediately and got pretty much all of my money back.

11. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I disagree. At least for me it was good. I used all his powers all the time and liked the variety. But I guess it's personal opinion for each one.

And the fact that you cant take a million bullets before dying was a plus in my book.

12. Solomon

Solomon Heir

Dude can't even take two. I don't know about you, but I'd like the ability to take at least as many shots as the mooks I'm killing from the start (and more after you get the health upgrades).

That was a really awful design decision and I hope they fix it for inFAMOUS 2.

13. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    They went for realistic and i give them credit for that. Having to be shot for five minutes to die is not good, and does not make a game better.
    But again, its a matter of personal opinion and preferences.

14. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

That's why he can sling lightning and hobos build mechas?

Being useless? I upgraded the hell out of my basic attack and it /still/ couldn't kill very fast. Add to that all the other attacks are similarly piss-weak, even fully upgraded, and that you can't really see through that damn shield and yes they are all fucking useless.

15. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    His ability to manipulate electricity doesn't do anything to prevent bullets from killing him. So, yes, it is (somewhat) realistic in that aspect.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  16. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    There are some things that you like and some that you just don't. You don't like them, I do, others don't like them, and others do.

What do you guys think about Zeke?

17. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I'm not arguing like v. dislike. I find them all amusing and entertaining on their own. I'm arguing whether they're practical or not. And I didn't find them at all helpful.

18. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I could not agree more. The abilities were all neat, but I found more often than not that aside from some very key abilities (shield, lightning storm, and snipe, mostly. A little shockwave, grind, and fly, but that was less useful and more used because it's neat. I almost NEVER had any use for that missile thing or the grenade. The armor upgrades, while key to enjoying the early game, became useless like 10% into the storyline).

So yeah. Liked the game, could make the abilities more directly useful, or find a way to make Cole fucking capable of surviving more than a few minutes (if he dies fast? Don't have goddamn swarms of enemies in every goddamn mission.) :?

19. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

I enjoyed the game. Also... you'll never find the last blast shard. I've actually gone through all the known locations on several run throughs and I've still yet to find it. Glitched game is glitched.

20. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I can not accept that. I do not want to accept that. I've gone through the map dozens of times, I can not accept that it was all in vain. I will find the last shard or die(not really, but you get the point). Plus, I'm sure there are others with the platinum on inFAMOUS.
    Have you gotten the one in the Historical District bridge? The one where you fought the psychic dude.

In any case, it may have been just me, but I found the grenade dead useful. Plus, when upgraded, it was instant capture. Neat. I used it all the time. And I used the missile thing against big enemies like those robots of the Dustmen and the big projection-man thingy of the First Sons. I threw two or three of those babies in the air and blasted the guy once with lightning, then watch the fireworks.