1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Question about a fanFic posting rule.

Discussion in 'Site Related Support' started by AngelJunior, Dec 14, 2010.

1. AngelJunior

AngelJunior First Year

What if the fanfic is written by you and someone else together? I have a story that is originally a forum roleplay game topic between me and a friend of mine. As we completed it, I then merged and fixed it into a proper fanfic form mostly from my character's point of view, translated it into english and published. All this with her permission and including appropriate credits in the header of the fic's first chapter as for who the authors are and how. The problem is, she doesn't have a pen name on this forum. Is it enough in this kind of case if I, like everywhere else, just include the appropriate author credits in the header of the fic's first chapter?

2. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm pretty sure that you're clear to post it. As long as it's not plagiarism.

Then again, it sounds a little shit anyway.

3. AngelJunior

AngelJunior First Year

What sounds what? I'm confused.

4. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

The rules really need to be updated if they list Zev as the only admin. >.>

5. Mutt

Mutt High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

He's saying that your story most likely sucks.

6. The Arid Legion

The Arid Legion Professor

You never know. It could be okay . . . -ish.

Naaah. But it's probably better than that one draft of that one fic I posted that one time.

7. AngelJunior

AngelJunior First Year

Forum roleplay game topics are literally (fan)fiction stories - just written by two or more people in interaction wherein no one but the current writer can know what happens next, instead of one person deciding everything. And I happen to roleplay only in quality roleplay games with quality writers. I don't really see what makes anyone automatically assume a fanfic merged and fixed from a forum roleplay game topic should suck? I'm guessing we don't have the same type of roleplay game in our minds...

The first chapter of the fic I'm refering to already has got some very positive feedback on other sites, so I know it doesn't suck - at least not in everyone's opinion. ;)

8. The Arid Legion

No, we obviously don't. You see, when I hear the phrase "Forum Roleplay" the first thing that comes to mind is "Cybersex".

Then again I come from

[​IMG]

so what do I know, eh?

But hey why don't you put your links where your post is, if you're feeling rude enough that is.

Just sayin'.

9. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

A friend and I did something like that during a discrete math lecture a few months ago, but we each wrote a word before passing it on, not a paragraph/chapter/whatever.
    You're right, they can make epic stories.

10. The Arid Legion

:awesome

I haven't laughed that hard in ages.

But you still prove my point.

11. AngelJunior

AngelJunior First Year

^
    1.) My roleplay game topic based stories have nothing to do with sex or if they do, it's quality storytelling. I usually however don't base my stories on anything but write from scratch.
    2.) We write one or usually more paragraphs at a time, not just one word or a sentence.
    3.) We actually care about creating a quality and believable story.

I don't know which post you meant I should link if I'm feeling rude enough? The roleplay game topic the story origins from is in Finnish so no one here probably would understand anything anyway.

I'll just post the first chapter or both chapters of the actual story I fixed of it, once I know if I am allowed without my friend having a pen name here too. And if it seems that I'm actually even welcome here / people would be interested in my stories.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  12. The Arid Legion

Just ask you friend for permission and then post it. In the A.N. you can just say something like "Me and my friend wrote wrote this together blah blah blah he/she/it doesn't have a pen name here blah I couldn't have done it without you" or something along that line. They don't need to have a pen name here or anywhere you can use a nickname or even just his/her initials.

Also I was asking for a link to your FFN profile where all your fics are at.

So you're a fan of Barty Crouch, eh? I can't blame you. He was a pretty good, if small, character. He was also insane. Which is always a plus in my book. You might want to tone down on the complete and utter worship that I saw in your intro page. People here might be a bit put-off by that.

Just sayin'.

EDIT: I have THUMBS now:awesome:awesome:facepalm!

13. AngelJunior

AngelJunior First Year

I have her permission and I have always mentioned all that in the author's note. :)

Oh, gees. Didn't mean for it to come off as worship. Well, whatever people interpret it as in my discussion posts, it shows in my stories as merely genuine and deep interest in the character. And yep, he's insane, but in my interpretation not that much during the First War. It was mainly the Azkaban year and the 12 years under the Imperius Curse than threw him off the edge completely. Not only those, but mainly.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  14. The Arid Legion

Then there should be no problems with you posting it.

Hanging around with dear old Bella might've had something to do with it aswell.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  15. AngelJunior

AngelJunior First Year

Perhaps. But I bet Voldemort used him more as a spy at the Ministry than at the group attacks, though surely he was sometimes part of them too.