1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm pretty sure Pokemon-mafia will be a hit at some point, after our shit's coded.

@Vira: I tend to agree with Fiat once more. People try hard because they want to win, not because they're guilty.

I don't believe in lynching, at least not atm. When more people die, the angels will have a much better idea of who to protect, etc... but only if more posts happen. Unless another anvil falls... D8

2. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Difference between being poorly worded and being worded suspiciously, Zeit, and you've got to know this. Seriously, that post read much more like you revealing a role than what you're trying to claim you meant.

We know it's suspicious. It's been noted already. Now we're dealing with your suspiciousness.
    I will merely convey my own message again: just because we've argued in the last DE thread doesn't mean that me being suspicious of you this time automatically clears you. Or, really, does anything other than discourage me from arguing with you in what would surely be a vitrolic and totally retarded debate on whether or not the imaginary connections you're seeing are any more valid than my pants-on-head interpretation of the tone in your posts.

3. Little Knee

Little Knee Seventh Year

1) I've written the answer in my vote. And yeah, I really mean it - I don't know anyone's role (except me) and I don't know whether Lutris is a witch or not. No rationalizing could be enough for this, so I trust my instinct and my feelings.

2) What I've learnt from DE and SW games are the people who provide analytical, constructive talks/reply/answers and people who appear as more intelligent than others tend to be the villains. They're using their superior intelligence and persuasive words to overwhelm the town population to do what they want.

:confused:....My feelings are so much conflicted right now

4. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I don't know when the day will end, therefore, Vote Player: Zeitgeist.

5. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Days always end 48 hours after the day start message, unless a majority lynch happens.

6. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I'm going to hold off on voting for sure right now, but boy is this not fun trying to decide what is what.

On first blush, Zeit is trying too hard and accusatory in his role. What concerns me is that he sounds as if he knows what role Lutris is. To my understanding, there are only 4 roles from the get-go that allow players to be aware of the positions of other players, and 3 of them have the potential to turn me into a newt.

Hate to say, but so far no one else has truly pinged my evil-dar. Then of course, not even Zeit has pinged it enough to have me place a deadline vote so far.

7. Fiat

Not quite willing to lynch Zeit over what he claims was a mis-type, but I'm genuinely hoping that he's telling the truth. I doubt Zeit would roleclaim like that this early in the game, or at least do so intentionally - and Zeit doesn't seem the type to fuck up in that big of a way. I am therefore left with three possibilities: He's Scum, He accidentally roleclaimed (unlikely), or he's telling the truth and it was just a fuckup. Option B is unlikely because, contrary to what was said in our retarded argument in the last thread, he's not stupid and has experience in Mafia.

8. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Zeit doesn't worry me as much as Irene and Vira.

Irene's trying a bit too hard.

Vira's trying a bit not too hard.

:/

9. Lungs

High Score:
    Since I was told to post because people were bored...

I want to trip in Malaysia,
    spend the day there.
    Spend time with Knees in Asia,
    And see what you might see...

I wanna hear you when you call
    Do you feel anything at all?
    I wanna see your thoughts take shape
    And walk right out...

The songs are in your eyes
    I see them when you smile
    I've seen enough I'm not giving up
    On a miracle drug...

Of science and the human lungs,
    There is no limit
    There is no failure to which I've clung,
    Just when Knee quits...

I am hers and she is mine
    Love makes no sense of space
    And time... will disappear
    Organs and anatomy keep us clear
    Reason is on our side, love...

10. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Study for your SATs, and leave the mafia games to the heavy-weights. Are Asians not supposed to have strong academic habits?

Since some of you refuse to answer my questions, I'll answer them myself. Your refusals are funny.

Question 1.) It was a convoluted and stupid affair. I mean, we didn't have discuss things through. Giving Lutris the polka-dot bear because "his sig is cute"? Offering me Lump for the reason that I'm not Lutris? Puh-lease. Karen Smith has more brains than us. =/

Question 2.) DE I: You have to lynch to win. SW: Amendment to DE I - You have to lynch sensibly to win. DE II: Sometimes a fat cow is just a fat cow; it's not a cowboy wearing a cow-suit, or a castrated bull.

P.S. KaiDASH, you are twisted. =3

11. Fiat

Oh wow, you actually posted one of your Knee songs.

She's going to be so damn creeped out.

12. Lungs

High Score:
    /me thinks she'll find it lulzy.

D8

13. KaiDASH

Fenraellis, jwlk and Rehio have yet to post today. Please do so.

14. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

Wow this is definitely going to be tough... especially since roles aren't revealed after deaths... But alright i'll answer the questions...

1) I gave Lutris the lump, despite some misgivings, because the lump needed to be taken care of before voting can begin... Also I genuinely hope it was a simple mistake, and you are not saying you know what his role is.... Besides, even if the lump is town, he can still be helpful to the mafia if swayed, so maybe mafia Wouldn't want to kill him?

2) I only played in the second game, but I've learned that you must lynch, people should not role-play unless they wish to be lynched, power roles are necessary to win with all the additional mafia roles, and mafia aren't always as competent as they seem....

But this game is slightly different, I dunno if lynching is the best idea.. but I can't think of an alternative that would somehow win us the game. Also, Kai I have a question, would you make it clear if the vigilante kills someone as opposed to the Mafia?

---------- Post automerged at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

I was just writing up my post when you posted that :D

15. KaiDASH

All Night Kills look the same, even if they are caused by different things.
    ie: Witches NK Billy, Soup Phil and Vigilante kills Kim, all you get upon the next day is

Billy died in the night!
    Phil died in the night!
    Kim died in the night!

(also, order doesn't necessarily mean anything either)

edit: Also, just so it's clear - Angels only protect against the Witches basic NK, not a soup or vigilante kill.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  16. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Huh.

Has it struck anyone that Lungs did a pretty damn good job of nearly derailing the thread with his creepy ode to Little Knee?

Vote Player: Lungs

I will confess that vote is one part suspicion on Lungs derailing the thread, and one part genuinely being creeped out.

17. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Hm, how long do we have until the end of the Day? At any rate, we shouldn't be idling way. We should be discussing strategies, since guidance would best help the town.

(Of course, the SW thread isn't discussing strategies at the moment when they really should be, but who am I to comment?)

Here's a new question to keep you occupied:

Question 3) What do you consider the two most important (pro-town) roles in tinyhunt and why?

Everybody who dodges answering incurs my watchy-eye. =3 Why Lutris and Kensington, what a sunny day it is today!

18. jwlk

jwlk Seventh Year

I would say that obviously, the Priest is one of the most important roles. However the other one just depends.... I'd say vigilante or judge.... But there is a lot of room for error in there, so maybe the Acolyte or the Eager Cadet... Hm thats tough.

19. KaiDASH

Day 2 deadline is in ~19 hours from now.

Also, |:

Just because.

20. Lungs

High Score:
    Hmm, I would think that the priest would be the most important. I think the pope should be kept alive, because he makes a damn good trump-card for town in the end...

Meanwhile... if the dancer is played properly, he/she can deal a hard blow against the witches...