1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Warlock Hunt | Witch Victory

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by KaiDASH, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Irene

Irene Seventh Year DLP Supporter Retired Staff DLP Gold Supporter

Fiat, that's the reason I'm rather reluctant to vote for Lutris. 1) He doesn't want it. I don't care what people say about reluctant leaders make the best, but forcing it on someone is bullshit.

2) If lutris is scum we're all screwed. If you can say that about me, you can say that about Lutris too, Fiat. Also, you are probably right about me not getting killed night 1. There are bigger fishes after all (Hint: Lutris and Vira)

I'm not voting for mayor yet, because I actually want to see people other than the few of us post. Please do.

VIRA: I refer you to the rules: Because the Mayor sleeps in a high security Villa, he returns 'BLOCKED' to all checks (but still is affected by night kills for some reason).

Edit: And people, that is why I'm not willing to vote Jon or Lutris. If we can't check the mayor we really need someone readable in case he/she is scum.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  2. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Fiat, we don't know anyone's roles. The same problem will crop up with everyone else. D:

So we might as well give it to a random person and get it over with.

3. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Makes sense to me. Plus I'm going to sleep soon and you're the best option I've seen out of the four presented.

Electoral Vote Player: Silens Cursor

4. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Well, I'm going to play Space Marine for a while before I go to bed, but we have so much time left that voting for a mayor isn't something we necessarily need to do hastily before we have to go, so I'm not going to vote for a while.

5. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Ah well, Silens, now I'm not so sure. On that note, I'm going to :Rescind Vote.

I'll put in a vote closer to deadline time.

6. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Well, for some reason I thought this game was starting on Tuesday. I took a break from the computer after spending a few hours preparing my post in the other thread, and I come back and see this one a few hours in already.

My opinion on the Mayor 'role' is similar, but different, to Lump ownership. In this case, we are voting to give a player the ability to innately block checks, and a one-time use to either give themselves or another an extra life, actually kill somebody(!), or check somebody. I imagine the last option is the least likely to be used.
    Giving an antagonistic role the ability to grant themselves or an ally an extra life, or even simply an extra kill, is much, much worse, than the extra Lump vote. The check-protection is similarly a major boon, as it makes confirming the Mayor's innocence or guilt effectively impossible without a death and detective reveal.

Honestly, that's a significant advantage when leveraged onto our enemies. Of course, the best person to get it, is the Priest, but there is no easy way to insure that optimal result. Then again, even if only because they can grant an extra life or kill somebody, I imagine that they would become a priority night kill target.(if they are innocent)

...and then we have all these people quite gleefully putting themselves forward for the role.(well, some are reluctant) I'm sure that at least one or two of them is guilty, since actually gaining the role prevents the confirmation of such. Either way, we still have time to see who pushes the hardest for the role, and take from that what we will.

7. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

In the future, it is tuesday!

(Also, it's tuesday in Australia)

8. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

...This is true. It's Tuesday in just a few minutes for me here too. I forgot that you lived in Australia.

9. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Personally, I think most of the people going for it seem mildly scummy.

10. KaiDASH

Oh, and I've seen some people mention this in their personal QT's (so it is maybe a thing that other people think too) but:

The Warlock Faction does NOT have a night kill

The only way the Warlocks can kill people directly are by Soulsteals or by the Thrall gaining powers that lets them kill people (Vigilante, etc)

11. Geabe

Geabe Guest

I still do not see a definite player that feels safe to me. Then again, relatively few of us have posted thus far.

12. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Was at school, posting now.

Yes, because 'very logical' is an apt description for your psychic ninja powers of psychic ninjaism.

Also, I ran Lesstinyhunt. I know how badly you deal with stress. Need I remind you of the threats of castration via voodoo dolls and needles that I had to sift through to read your QT?

[​IMG]

Agreed. He's a complete unknown when it comes to Mafia games, and that will either earn him a quick Lynch or a quick NK. Otherwise, I expect an elevated level of suspicion for him if he stays alive too long.

Also a good point.

Yay!

True and not yay.

Basically, this. We have Day 1 to vote, so let's take our time.

/me frowns

I'ma be in my dungeon, sharpenin' my tools. And also thanks for the vote of confidence, I guess.

...I'm not readable? Since when? My Tinyhunt win only came because I capitalized on the Witches' lack of Soup decision due to Little Knee's absence. Also luck. And maybe some more luck. I was due to be Souped that night but was saved through a stroke of sheer luck.

And I never said I didn't want to be Mayor. I won't be actively campaigning for it like some fools here are, but I certainly won't shy away from more powers. Forcing the position on someone may be bullshit, but it's bullshit that can be utilized. It's a voting record, and those are always good evidence.

If I'm scum, Town is fucked? I direct you to my earlier point of me being so obvious that only luck saved me in Tinyhunt. Also, I'ma fixed your grammerz for j00. Fishes. The saying is: "There are bigger fish in the sea". Fishes, while technically not grammatically incorrect, is less preferable to using the plural form 'fish'.

Still, I concur in regards to the Mayor vote. I want more posts and evidence before I throw my lot into the ballot.

13. Geabe

Geabe Guest

Pardon me, Lutris. As a new player I am throwing in my opinion on this point. The Witches may not want to kill him for the simple reason that Jon being alive draws suspicion away from the Witches.

---------- Post automerged at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Double-posting edit: I seem to have failed in quoting Lutris properly.

14. Lutris

You can just use the Quote button at the bottom each post, or you can wrap the text you want inside a quote bubble with [ quote=Username]text[ /quote], without the extra spaces.

That's an obvious deduction that I was leaving unsaid. I don't trust Town not to go bonkers in the event that Jon does stay alive for that very reason. That's not to say our players are stupid- mob mentality though, is hard to resist.

15. Geabe

Geabe Guest

I am in agreement.

16. Lutris

I like you. I hope you're not scum. :/

17. Geabe

Geabe Guest

I do not know how all of us would react in that scenario. Perhaps you would know better, for you are, after all, more experienced.

---------- Post automerged at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Double-posting edit: The scenario of Jon staying alive.

18. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Sorry I am late folks. Went to watch Real Steel, I didn't know Kai was in Aus and Game would start early. I skimmed through the thread and there is too much to work my mind around. I will post some thoughts after lunch.

19. KaiDASH

Not early, exactly on time

20. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Well, I'm going to sleep. I may or may not be very busy tomorrow, so I'm going to vote now.

Electoral Vote Player: Jon

May wake up and rescind vote depending on what has been said. If you want a reason for why I picked Jon, it's because I think that his posts as mayor will be hilarious.