1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Investigations into Chicago (Dresden Mafia) Day 1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Riley, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Agreed, my biggest gripe with this game was the game mod interference. The mod should be there for the purpose of doing day/night actions, clarifying rules and enforcing that people aren't lurking too much. Any involvement beyond that is unnecessary and unfair to those affected.

Also, flavour text shouldn't be so revealing.

Lastly, Dracula type roles shouldn't take a night to come back to life. It's too obvious, unless every other lynch/night kill immune role does the same.

2. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ^Definite Agreement.

That's one of the other parts I disliked about the role. Unless its worked into the game in other places making the process take an entire night is basically 100% guaranteeing that people will ping whoever pops back as Dracula. That's another part of the role that needs serious tuning.

3. Speakers

Speakers Backtraced

Or you could just have dracula in the alive list but not allowed to post. And then a day later the person who's dracula could make up an excuse for why they didn't post yesterday. That would be amusing seeing dracula come up with fake excuses.

4. Krogan

High Score:
    I'd like that as well, one of the other ideas I was thinking about was that if he really wanted to keep the revival process takes an entire night thing fine but make it only apply to lynches, if someone tries to NK Dracula then he can make one of the people he's turned take the hit for him instead.

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Disposable protection from night kills? Sounds both interesting and way overpowered. It'd be easy to pick out some powerful roles a couple of days in and kill them off while protecting yourself. You'd end up bypassing every single protection in the game, or making yourself invulnerable to night kills if you picked an already immune role.

6. Krogan

High Score:
    Well its just a question of how you make the thralls that keeps it from being OP in my opinion. Any number of things can happen to prevent Dracula from making a turn and getting a thrall, if the system was used and Merlin was fantastically lucky he could switch the thrall and Dracula back again, the thrall could just be flat killed in a way that was completely unconnected to Dracula and the list goes on. Also I do see your point on the immunity thing and thats something that would have to be worked out, its just a bare bones basic idea at the moment.

Edit: The other thing is Aek that I should have said is that in a new game posting from QTs at all would be explicitly banned entirely so it would be a lot harder to pick out roles.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  7. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sorry guys. I'll edit in the links now.

8. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Dracula role should revive if lynched in an obvious manner, but if nightkilled, it will just fail. That would be the best way to handle the power of ze Dracula.

The fact that it wasn't even obvious who was in your own faction was causing funny issues along with the fact that if one member of a faction dies, it is possible for the entire faction to lose the ability to kill. All scum factions should be able to talk to each other in their own faction and do a basic kill if the core killer in the faction dies. Nothing fancy, just a votekill every three nights or something. They should be able to do something.

Lower the amount of Knights to like, two or something. Ebenezar McCoy should only be able to kill every other night. Father Forthill and/or Merlin should not be able to use their abilities more than two nights in a row.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  9. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    De-tankify Merlin.

10. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I can confirm that Merlin is riddikulus.

11. Fishy Justice

Fishy Justice Fourth Year

Well, smile covered everything I was going to say. The only way scum would have won this was for town to destroy itself.

/gg

12. SmileOfTheKill

Well, I talked to Riley.

Assuming I don't be lazy, I will be hosting the next game. I have changed the game a fair amount already and this is currently the WiP rules. Yeahhboy

13. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

You said the Denarians can talk in a private QT. However if Namshiel's power is to contact other Denarian why wouldn't he do so there and not use his power ever? Other than that, it looks good in my eyes.

14. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Only issue I had was with Namshiel's role. If he contacts a person, it becomes immediately obvious that he's Namshiel. I'd suggest adding a town role that can either also contact a person, or facilitate contact between people (similar to the Mailman) so as to retain ambiguity about who's the guy contacting me.

Edit:
    I read it as, he can contact anyone, hence my issue above.

15. SmileOfTheKill

It is not just other Denarians, it is anyone he targets.

It is going to be a private QT created for that one day. The user will just hear, Namshiel wants to talk to you, here is your QT. Considering the QT will be Namshiel talking to a player, the player will not who is Namshiel is. He can not target a role to talk too, he can only target a player. Also, the player he contacts will use whatever name they want in the QT, so the player does not give away what person they are in game.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  16. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I see. In that case, it's a bit... pointless, imo. One of the strengths the Warlock had for doing such a thing is that he could imitate a town player because of the Mailman mechanic. Here, the player being contacted knows he's talking to Namshiel, and so is going to view everything said in that light. Aside from some sort of misinformation tactic which would have to be very well thought out, this doesn't really confer Namshiel with any decent power.

17. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

What Moridin said is the main reason I only had McCoy do this and that was simply because once he's stuck with that person it becomes a game of "is he town or scum, should I lie or not?" and that was half the fun.

Having Namshiel contact anyone requires someone with an equal power. Maybe give Namshiel the power to do something as a night action that doesn't require contact with anyone. I have to think on what it could possibly be.

18. SmileOfTheKill

Eh, I wouldn't say so. Obviously if he targets someone who doesn't want to talk, nothing will be done. However, if he managed to contact say one of the losing factions, I see no reason why they can not make a deal to be more friendly in the day time and whatnot.

If that isn't good enough for you, well god damn there is enough power roles already. I don't want every single person to have some awesome active ability. This is also a work in progress, so his abilities might change with feedback etc etc.

Also, KEEP HOUNDING ME ON RULES. I want nothing to go wrong rule wise in this game. If this game runs without any mistakes or miss-understandings, my goal for this game will be accomplished.

19. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Denarian Church raid. How do you imagine it working? Day action thus killing all Knights or a Night action making a double(/triple) raid almost necessary? Also Erlking. The Hunt strikes at Day's end, does this circumvent Night Kill immunity? Also I'm not sure how I feel about the Turning mechanic staying in.. its interesting but it seems like it either won't be used or will just be a massive troll for scum. (does a NK'd Elaine gain RC NK powers if the Duke dies?)

Other then that... looks a LOT better. Scum factions can organize and they have Teeth, Merlin and Blackstaff are fixed, game is fixed.

20. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

You made trivial changes and ignored most of the more important things.