1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

A Hunt of Thrones II: Beyond the Wall - Town wins!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lutris, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Ranger Vote: Taure

Ranger Vote: Ashaya

They both seem to want to go.

2. Yeagen

Yeagen First Year

I'm pretty sure in the thread it says we can choose three rangers to go a ranging a day. If someone could point to me where there is a limit, I would appreciate it. Since they all volunteered for it, I figure I'll make this easy for myself and vote for them.

VOTE RANGER: Taure

VOTE RANGER: Guljons

If we can do three then

VOTE RANGER: Ashaya

As for who to lynch? Fenraellis has been proposed but I'm just that not suspicious of him. It seems to me that his bandwagon was formed randomly as with everyone else who was nominated for Lord Commander. What I do find unusual and suspicious was the bandwagon to lynch Fenraellis. It only formed after Sacrifice brought him up and then several others jumped on. I also find Sacrifice highly suspect because Fen brought up a good point about the way the white walker can die that Sacrifice "overlooked" and later claimed to lie about it to ferret out scum. I'm not buying it. It seems to me that Sacrifice made a scum error and then tried to cover his tracks by accusing Fen. Let's go to the immensely suspect source of this bandwagon.

Lynch Vote: Sacrifice

3. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

To be fair, Sacrifice already had the 'forgot about the scum faction which is actually the faction I'm in' thing backfire on him once in the recent past, so I'm not sure how eager he'd be to try that again. His backtracking about 'lying about it' did seem a little suspect, though...

Deadline Vote: Sacrifice

I'm not all that suspicious of Fenraellis, he just doesn't strike me as actively scummy, which is why the bandwagon against him does seem off, in a sense. I could understand a bandwagon against an obvious player, but this wasn't one.

4. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

We choose three rangers, you only vote for two. Look at my post, which Lutris thumbed up.

5. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Have to agree with this very much.

6. Snowflake

Snowflake Guest

Vote Ranger: Ashaya
    Vote Ranger: guljons

I think we pretty much have our three rangers now.

7. Geabe

Geabe Guest

Busy days at work. I apologize.

Now, to really contribute something, since I am aware that I have not been paying attention to the thread.

First, to reply Gila: I do not mind being sent Ranging.

Second, I want to consider three people. They are: Fenraellis, Moridin, and Sacrifice.

Moridin feels off to me. I am divided between "town not-so-important role" and "scum" for him.

Sacrifice is very vocal, and has a capability for scheming. Here's what he did, and I noted.
    1) Brings out White Walker, and emphasizes the kills succeeding on that role.
    2) Purposefully misses out on a possible method of kill, brought out by Fenraellis if I recall correctly.
    This tells me two things.
    First, Sacrifice is one of four possible roles. I shall not elaborate further; doing so is not in Town's interest.
    Second, if Sacrifice is scum, then Fenraellis is not on the same scum faction.
    Here is number 3.
    3) Sacrifice brought out a legit exchange with the clarification of Azor Ahai.
    Hence he is unlikely to be the Red King.
    Now consider his motive for bringing it out.
    The first few thoughts everyone would have are these:
    "Scumtell"
    "Town getting scared"
    If he is scum, bringing it out would be legit. Focus attention on the White Walker, leaving scum free to kill.
    If he is Town, the train of thought would be "White Walker is dangerous, hence focus on him, worry about the later threat that is the Scum factions".
    That is all on him.

Fenraellis is the third person I would discuss. Early on, he was brought out as a possible scum. If in conjunction with (Snowflake OR Yeagen) and CheddarTrek, then this would constitute a valid Red King's Court.

I find the reasoning of mine for Fenraellis shaky at best, but in my eyes he is the scummiest along with CheddarTrek.

---------- Post automerged at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

I apologize for typing wrongly, it should be: worry later about the threat that is the Scum factions

Vote Ranger: Ashaya

Lynch Vote: Fenraellis

8. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hey people I'm back and I'm really sorry that I not only derped but didn't post for 18 hours or so. I like that we've got things moving, and that I didn't come back too late.

To both Moridin and Krogan, I'm really sorry about the name mix-up, meant to act like a dick to Krogan and didn't double check names.

Anyways Pterodactyl Power Ranger Vote: Ahsaya

and Turbo Ranger Vote: Taure.

We might as well send them ranging together, and seems to me guljons already has a decent lead and if the fella wants to go, we should let him.

---------- Post automerged at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

EDIT: by doublepost, Ashaya I can't edit the spelling but I was distracted for a moment by the bookstore scene in the Dead Beat audiobook

9. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

---------------------------------------

Vote Update

(In which I remind Geabe that syntax is important)

Ranger Vote
    Name (# of votes): Voters

Moridin (2): CheddarTrek, Kensington
    Fenraellis (2): CheddarTrek, Kensington
    Taure (9): Taure, Gila, Vesvius, guljons, Lungs, Fenraellis, Moridin, Yeagen, Gambit
    guljons (5): guljons, Ashaya, Fenraellis, Yeagen, Snowflake
    Ashaya (6): Ashaya, Lungs, Taure, Moridin, Snowflake, Gambit

Lynch Vote
    13 VOTES REQUIRED - 18 PLAYERS HAVE NOT VOTED
    Name (Standard+Deadline=Total): Voters

Aekiel (1+0=1): KaiDASH
    Fenraellis (2+0=2): Aekiel, Vesvius
    Sacrifice (0+5=5): Fenraellis, Kensington, Moridin, Yeagen, Ashaya

Day 1 will end in 8.5 hours. Decide 3 Rangers and a Lynch target, or force a No-Lynch. You have 2 VOTES in the Ranger Vote, and 1 VOTE in the Lynch Vote.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  10. Yeagen

Yeagen First Year

I didn't realize I voted wrong. Oops.

11. Ash

We only have 8.5 hours, so I'm going to have to vote for Sacrifice, as I am not that suspicious of Fen, and Aekiel only has one vote.

12. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

We've got our three ranger volunteers. I wouldn't have minded going ranging, but there's always tomorrow.

Ranger Vote: Guljons

Rnger Vote: Ashaya

The next stage is deciding on who to lynch. As I said before, I haven't found anything hugely suspicious, so I'll hold my vote and see how people react to being proposed.

13. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Standard Vote: Fenraellis

Ranger Vote: Ashaya

Ranger Vote: Guljons

Guys, those of you who are typing Lynch Vote: Player, you are doing it wrong.

Fen, the reasons why I determined you as scum are as follows.

1) CheddarTrek supports you for no reason, you claim you don't know why he supports you.

2) You seem to have a lot of backing

3) The way you phrase your sentences make you seem totally off.

For those who want me lynched, think about it again. Most of your reasons are based on Fen's ideology, that "I missed out several details on how WW can be killed" and that makes me suspicious.

Are you guys kidding me?

Let's look at the three scenarios below.

1) I am town. I listed the ways which WW can be killed. I missed out several ways how SCUM can kill WW, so as to lure those who are scums out. Reason? Scums know best how scums can kill WW. I also want to tell town how WW should not be underestimated because we will LOSE if WW isn't killed as soon as possible. Lungs seemed to understand that point.

2) I am scum (Red/Wild). I listed the ways which WW can be killed. I intentionally missed out how my faction can kill WW. The reason why I did that is because I want town to go into a panic and I want town to focus more on the WW instead of the other two scum factions. I back tracked to cover my scum tracks.

^look, if I really wanted to do that, I would miss out even more information to drive town into a frenzy. Why would I miss out how scum factions can kill WW? Why would I cover my tracks if not doing so makes it less suspicious?

3) I am the White Walker. I listed the ways I could be killed, so as to drive suspicion away from me. I intentionally missed out the ways scum can kill me, in hope of town killing me instead of scum.

^does that even make ANY sense to you?

So guys, if you want to lynch me, give a better reason. Most of you seem to be just siding with Fenraellis, and that simply makes you suspicious.

Moridin, do you think I am THAT crazy to try that again after my epic fail in Dresden?

Yeagen. You are rl friends with Fen and I suspect that clouds your judgement a little (sorry if that is not true, I didn't mean it as an insult). Furthermore, your reason for me to be lynched is that I "overlooked how scums can kill WW", you should think through that again.

Kensington, I am a little too high-strung? How can I NOT be after I realised the horror of WW, and most of you don't even think he is a high priority threat?

Fenraellis. You do realise that after the first time I voted for you, nobody actually joined in, right? After I rescinded, Aekiel and Vesvius voted for you of their own accord after the Lord Commander election.

That concludes my defense.

14. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

I'll be here at the Deadline so it won't be a problem.

15. Ash

I will be asleep at the deadline, so well, I am keeping my vote on Sacrifice. I honestly don't know what I think he is, but day 1 is such a gamble that at the very least, I'll have voted to lynch the person that keeps referring to Cheddar as a he (something that kind of annoys me).

16. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm with Ash that calling Ched a he is almost as bad as saying deater. I don't want to vote for Sacrifice yet because is anyone that stupid?

Then again Sacrifice has been pretty terribad at these games, this is coming from the guy who's been called scum in every game he was in, even when he was town.

17. Geabe

Geabe Guest

Standard Vote: Fenraellis

Is this right, now?

---------- Post automerged at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Answer carefully, Sacrifice.

Do you want to go Ranging, and why?

18. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

I don't want to go ranging because I have a feeling that I won't be given the dagger and the ww wants me dead very much for revealing all sorts of ways to stop him from walking.

On the other hand I think red and wild wants me dead too, and going ranging will prevent them from doing so.

However, on a whole, me going ranging isn't a fantastic idea. I can't give you the exact reason as that is anti-town.

---------- Post automerged at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Oh, I apologise to Ched for referring her as a male.
    I didn't actually check the gender

19. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If you need my vote Ill vote for Sacrifice but I'm just not sure at the moment. I'd like to say he's scum but I've seen him make enough hair brained choices in Mafia Games that I can't say for sure that he isn't jus being an idiot.

20. Geabe

Geabe Guest

It is annoying that you kept calling her "he".

I have deduced your role. It is not correct to lynch you. I am 90% sure.

It is time for me to throw questions at people.

Yeagen: What do you think will be the difference in the playing styles of the Wildings and the Red King's Court?

Lungs: If you were Ser Piggy and you had a choice between two high-possibility scums, what would be your choosing criteria for choosing who to kill with your Vigilante-kill?

Sesc: When do you think the Warg will use his abilities?

Snowflake: Is it advisable to place Lynching the Red King's Court at a higher priority over the Wildings?

---------- Post automerged at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

"your" refers to Sacrifice. I keep typing wrongly. Apologies.

---------- Post automerged at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Anyone who has nothing better to do may answer, too.