1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Official (Unofficial) Skyrim Mod List

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Lutris, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Not really, I was looking for a comparison or quality comments. Doubled, and buggy as shit doesn't really explain much thanks tho, I think I'll install it whenever it gets fixed. I see a work around to make it use the high rez DLC as a base, and then add the modder's packs over top of it, I'll do that when I have the time.

3. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

Oh, quality wise is a bit of a difficult question, as it's generally best to just have a look yourself in game. The official texture pack only applies to about a third of the game, but if you use it then you can retain the actual art style of the original game, just higher res. The 2k pack is (generally) higher res though.

There is a way to use both, so that the 2k pack applies to whatever the you want. At the moment, the official one overides your other textures, but if you use the fallout 3 mod manager, unpack the official high res .bsa and then paste the textures into your data folder like a mod, then replace the ones you don't want with 2k textures.

4. Midknight

You don't have to unpack them, you just mod the .ini with a few lines so it treats the DLC res pack as the vanilla textures, ignoring the default ones, and then the mod packs will overwrite the files they'd replace from vanilla anyway.

5. Sowilo

Sowilo First Year

Does anyone know what happened to Zerofrost's Nightingale Prime mod? He just got up and disappeared one day.

---------- Post automerged at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------

And I'm adding this mod before anyone else does:

Mod: Open Cities Skyrim
    Author: Arthmoor
    Category: Cities, towns, villages and hamlets
    Summary:Gives Skyrim a more Morrowind-esqe feel by opening up the cities and removing the load screen.
    Link: Nexus

It's only Riften and Markarth right now, but it feels so very nice not having to wait. Now, you just ride your horse right in the middle of town.

I fucking hate it when the italics won't turn off. I hate it even more when the Kill Formatting button doesn't remove the fuckers either, so you have to go into editor mode and delete it yourself.

6. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

Open Cities is implemented really well. Arthmoor used things to occlude vision of outside the city, so no loss in FPS in all. Only problem I've noted is you can't discover the Markarth map marker (possibly Riften, I don't know) when its installed, so I'd suggest doing that first if you're on a new game or something.

Arthmoor said he'd be working on Whiterun next, which is good news to me.

Mod: Uncapped Perks
    Author: liberta
    Category: Gameplay effects and changes.
    Summary: If you're using Elys' Skill Uncapper, I highly reccommend also using this. Adds tons of extra ranks to the perks already in the game, giving you a good reason to keep levelling up past 100.
    Link: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=7015

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  7. Midknight

Does open cities all you to get attacked by dragons while you're inside them, since they're moved to the world space? Only reason I havent installed that yet was because I didn't see an answer to that. Don't want cities full of burning corpses.

8. azrael

azrael Professor

I was attacked by dragons inside Markarth once or twice without open cities, so it's already possible, though having cities open might make it more likely.

9. Dreamweaver Mirar

Dreamweaver Mirar Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

You say that like you don't enjoy having your cities full of burning corpses!

10. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    In my current Deadly Dragons game I got to Riften and was attacked by a Blood Dragon. After it completely raped the town (plus me) a few times I decided it would be better for me to make like a tree and get out of there. So you can be attacked by dragons in towns.

11. Sowilo

Sowilo First Year

Even before Open Cities I ended up having to restart a game because I was stupid enough to make the essentials killable. A DD dragon attacked Whiterun, and all that was left behind were annoyingly unkillable children.

It wasn't my best idea.

Mod: High Res Face Maps for Men
    Author: Geonox
    Category: Models and textures
    Summary: Where there are beautiful women, there are handsome men (at least there fucking better be). Useful for those who use the Coverwomen or Better Females mods, so the men don't look all Neanderthal-ish next to them.

12. Midknight

This turned up on my google search for no collision on follwers, so it's safe to say it doesn't exist yet =/

13. Longinus

Longinus Second Year

Mod: Armored SabreCat Mount
    Author: tumbajamba
    Category: creatures
    Summary: Adds a mountable sabrecat with elven armor. This is a first release so there's bound to be some bugs. If you have a retextured elven armor the mount will have it too.
    Link:Nexus

14. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

... Must. Resist. Urge. To. Start. New. Game. with. name. He-man

New favorite mod ever.

15. Sowilo

Sowilo First Year

Urgh. Heads up on Open Cities, I can't seem to do any of the quests in Markarth or Riften. Say, stealing Madesi's ring to get into the Thieves Guild. Even the map is still saying that I'm not in Riften when I'm in the middle of the bleeding marketplace, and I can't do anything about it, since I can open the strongbox and there's no ring in sight.

I uninstalled all of my other mods and restarted the game, but no dice. Are any of you guys having the same problem?

16. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

I haven't gone to Markarth or Riften since installing the mod (which is pretty stupid but that's what happens when you fuck off killing giants and mammoths all day and ride sabre cats everywhere), but I'll go check it out.

17. Sowilo

Sowilo First Year

I haven't gone back to either city since uninstalling the mod completely, I'm having too much fun with killing people too. And a bit scared of what's gonna happen when I go over there. Having my computer throw a temper tantrum and having to get a new one isn't something I want to happen right now.

But speaking of killing people...

Mod: WARZONES - Civil Unrest
    Author: MyGoodEye
    Category: Combat
    Summary: Adds a couple hundred/thousand really pissed off NPC's and locks them in battle all across Skyrim. With you right in the middle.

Dunno if it works with Wars in Skyrim IV yet, I'm not anywhere near my Skyrim computer at the moment, but it looks interesting enough. If it's as awesome as it makes itself out to be, I'm going to end up losing all of my weekend. And my writing time. :facepalm

EDIT: Yeah, it works with Wars in Skyrim. Seamlessly. Fuck, there goes my weekend.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  18. Longinus

Longinus Second Year

I found this in the Steam workshop, it's not exactly a no collision mod but in the comments people say that the followers don't get stuck (haven't tried it myself).

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2012
  19. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Fixed your link, Longinus

20. coleam

coleam Death Eater

Mod Name: Sounds of Skyrim
    Author: cliffworms
    Mod Category: Audio
    Summary: It adds sounds for greater immersion - they've finished two of the three projected packages (Wilds and Dungeons), with the third (Civilization) in the works. The dungeon one is especially good - makes the dungeons extra-creepy, especially combined with Realistic Lighting. Random moans, howls, and Draugr sounds (at least in the Draugr-infested dungeons).
    Link:
    Dungeons: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=9106

Wilds: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=13231

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012