1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

STAR WARS III (A Death Eaters Variant) :: Concluded [Rebels Win]

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Zeitgeist, Apr 28, 2012.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Yay -- guess it's daytime again now?

I am indeed innocent, and am also back home now. So my posting should commence to be regular once more barring unforseen tragedy.

Spending some time backreading, but it looks like Jeram and Azira for lynch options maybe?

As for me... glad that I've been checked and shown innocent. I'm not an overly important role, but I am most definitely town.

2. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

That post reads so so so weird, Cheddar. Jeram and myself have both checked innocent and now that only the hand is left it really means nothing. I'm slightly more inclineto lynch you before Jeram after that post.

3. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

So, Jeram, Azira, Cheddar, Schro. In order, those are the people I feel are most high priority. That said, I think I will throw down a vote on Jeram.

Vote player: Jeram

4. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That priority seems out of whack to me (obviously). Cheddar's post is both arrogant and attempting to push buttons. Worked on me.

Vote Player: CheddarTrek

5. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Yeah, Cheddar, your post was suspicious as fuck. Or maybe it's because you obviously haven't been paying attention to discussion.

Either way, I'd rather lynch Jeram first. If he's not scum, then Azira. After that, Cheddar.

Vote Player: Jeram.

6. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Well. Cheddar tomorrow, then, if the game does not end.

But I think it will.

Vote Player: Jeram

7. Ched

Hm, not sure why I sound so suspicious -- which might harken back to Vira being correct about me not having be able to pay that much attention to the conversation.

About a week ago when I first heard I was going to be a replacement I read up on the thread and formed initial suspicions of Jeram as well as some other people who are already dead.

I skimmed (sorry, but only skimmed) the more recent pages and found myself more suspicious of Jeram than previously... partly due to him being the only person I could remember having initial suspicion of that was still alive.

Somehow or other I latched on to Azira as another suspicious person, I think due to some of Eido's comments? But either way he seemed a secondary option in my mind. Especially as I know I'm a good guy. I also don't feel a pressing need to defend myself overmuch, as I've apparently checked innocent, and just typed/posted the first thing that came to mind. Partly due to being happy at being able to play again.

But I suppose I've had a lot of suspicion cast on myself lately anyway, so perhaps I should have taken that into account.

Still, I'm curious -- who do you guys suggest I vote for other than Jeram or Azira? I'm more than happy to be convinced to change my vote to anyone but myself.

Vote player: Jeram

8. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Sure why not.

vote player: jeram

9. Eidolonic

Well. Cheddar.

The thing is... there's one scum alive, and it checks innocent.

So, yeah. You/Azira/Jeram have all been checked, but... it doesn't matter, because it's going to come back not-guilty, heh. Doesn't mean one of you isn't the Hand. Because one of the three is certainly the Hand.

---------- Post automerged at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

That's a lynch, at any rate. I guess Zeit will end day when he can.

I don't really see anything to discuss.

If game didn't end with that lynch, then we lynch Cheddar tomorrow, and Azira the next day.

10. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Honestly, I think Azira is more likely to be the Hand than Cheddar due to some comments Republic made at the beginning of the game.

Either way, let's see what happens.

11. Ched

Hmm, and we are absolutely sure that the remaining baddie has to be Azira or Jeram (or myself)? Everyone else is proven beyond doubt?

I know most of it is confirmed because we learn the affiliation of those we decide to lynch, but I guess I need to go back and study the last few pages a bit more.

12. Eidolonic

Mechanically it's possible for anyone still alive to be the Hand, really.

But if you actually look at the voting patterns of the living players, the only person I'd say has a realistic shot at being scum other than you/Jeram/Azira is Schrodinger, and even then it's sort of unlikely.

Or maybe I'm the Hand, and I led three straight lynches against my buddies to townfirm myself!

13. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

14. Schrodinger

Schrodinger Muggle ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    -__- My paranoia of this scenario has been building since day one. Just saying.

15. Ched

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

16. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Surprisingly believable.

17. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Jeram: 7
    Ash, Vira, Eidolonic, CheddarTrek, Aziraphale, LochNess, Schrodinger
    CheddarTrek: 1
    Jeram
    4 votes needed to send a denizen to the Echo Firing Range
    Yet to vote: N/A

---

We've reached a consensus. Votes can no longer be rescinded. Please refrain from posting in this thread until I make my post later.

18. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

19. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

Day 6 has concluded

[​IMG]

As one story ends, another begins...

/./././.​

As the frosted gales bellowed outside, in Hoth’s whited of winter sepulchers, the Rebels lowered their blasters from Jeram’s inert body. They stared with disinterest at the girl’s corpse. One had to admit that even deceased, Jeram was a lissome woman: long, red hair had tumbled out of Jeram’s hood, creating a scorched halo around the blaster wound on Jeram’s head, while her sleek limbs were splayed out in a facsimile of a welcoming embrace.

In a moment of crystallised irony, Jeram seemed more at peace dead than alive.

A disheveled man, whose bloodshot eyes revealed nothing but gimlet intensity, was the first to break the silence:

“Is it over?”

Treading from the back of the crowd, a regal woman dressed in white cleared her voice. Instantly, the other Rebels deferred to the lady; it was obvious that this figure of grace was their leader.

“Yes, Ash,” said the lady, quietly. “It’s over.”

Ash wiped his face with the back of his hands. For a moment, the regal lady wondered if Ash had been crying. But the trace of vulnerability on the man’s face was gone by the next second, leaving behind a steely, unreadable expression.

“Mon Mothma.” Ash addressed the Rebel leader. “I’ll be takin’ my leave now. If it’s over, it’s over. There’s no more reason to stay here any longer.”

Solemn, Mon Mothma placed a hand on the Ash’s shoulder. “Ash, I know that you miss Riley and the Princess, but they wouldn’t have wanted – ”

“ – What happened between me and her Royal Highnessness is none of your kriffin business!” snapped Ash.

Throwing the stunned Mon Mothma a dirty look, Ash knelt beside Jeram’s body and fished something out of the dead woman’s robes. The straggling Rebels – including the brave Lieutenant Lonic – peered to get a quick glimpse on the mysterious object. The waif-like Zira Fayle shrieked when it became obvious that the object was a lightsaber.

“W-Why is Jeram carrying one of those?” whimpered Zira, hiding her heart-shaped face in Lonic’s shoulder. “I thought only Riley had one…”

“I know,” was Lonic’s husky reply.

Mon Mothma decided to answer Zira’s question: “It’s because Jeram isn’t exactly who we thought she was.” The lady took a deep breath. “Jeram was a Force-sensitive assassin, sent by the Emperor himself.”

“T-The Emperor?!”

“The Empire has been trying to crush us ever since their defeat at Yavin. It makes sense that they’d send an assassin,” said Lonic delicately. The lieutenant turned to Ash, who was staring at the lightsaber. “When did you first know about this? Was it when Senator Sesc died?”

Ash didn’t respond. Instead, he stood up and faced away from the others’ questioning gazes. After kicking Jeram’s body for good measure, Ash strode away from the Rebels, expression hidden and shoulders hunched. Zira tried to say something, but Mon Mothma gripped the girl’s arm, shaking her head.

“Not now, Zira. Ash needs some time to himself… to sort out what he wants to do now.”

Zira shuddered, biting her lip. “Ma’am, what happens now? Our Jedi Knight is dead. The Princess is dead. And – ” Zira licked her parched lips. “ – the Emperor isn’t going to stop. What are we supposed to do?”

When Mon Mothma remained silent, Lonic stepped forward and pulled Zira into a comforting hug. His voice was choked but resolute, reflecting his intrepid characteristics.

“I don’t know, Zira,” he whispered, “but there’ll always be another sunrise. We simply need to keep on searching for our new hope.”

Lonic smiled, bittersweet. “A new hope for tomorrow.”

/./././.​

We reached consensus. The Echo Base has chosen to send Jeh-ram Aries to the Shooting Range. She was the Emperor's Hand.

Therefore....

We have reached a conclusion:

The ALLIANCE TO RESTORE THE REPUBLIC has won.

<Aekiel> <Ash> <Aziraphale> <CheddarTrek> <Custer> <Eidolonic>
    <Gambit> <LochNess> <Riley Poole> <Schrodinger> <Sesc> <Vira>

Posting is permitted in this thread by everyone as the game is over.

Aekiel was a Rebel
    Ash was the Smuggler
    Aziraphale (Republic21) was a Rebel
    Bill Door was the ASN Utility Droid (via a Courier)
    CheddarTrek (hgf) was a Rebel
    Custer was a Rebel
    Eidolonic was a Rebel
    Gambit was a Rebel
    Jeram was the Emperor's Hand
    Kalas (Nae'blis) was an Imperialist
    Krogan (Uncle Stojil) was an Imperialist
    LochNess was a Rebel
    Riley Poole was the Jedi Knight
    Schrodinger was the Bacta Technician
    Sesc (Taure) was the Galactic Senator
    Vira was the Probe Droid (via a Mechanic)

Some observations:

STAR WARS III, despite all its warts, was a great game to host. It was firstly wonderful to see many old faces in mafia again. Jeram, Nae'blis, Schrodinger and the rest - your contributions were appreciated, and I sincerely hope that you continue to play mafia. You guys were brilliant, and it'd be a shame to give up now. I'd also like to say that although certain players will receive Awards at a later date, everybody in my mind is a winner. All of your posts were insightful and prompt, and the verve with which you adapted to the return of 24 Hour Days/Night and Role Reveal on Death was impressive.

I recognise that some people, especially as those Vanilla Townies, may have wanted complex and powerful roles, but the way you guys responded to the simplicity of the game was fantastic. I couldn't have asked for a better cast of players. I salute you.

I'd also like to commend the replacements (Aziraphale, CheddarTrek, Kalas, Krogan, Sesc). Some people would have dawdled in responding to my PMs, protracting the delay in the game, but the swiftness of you five made my life much easier. Thank you for choosing to join this game at such short notice. You were all smashing in your assigned roles, and deserve accolades.

Now, to the analysis of the game itself. To be succinct, the Town outclassed the Mafia in this game. I'm not implying that this is because of game mechanics or because the Mafia team played shittily. I simply mean that the Town was exceptional, in their players' astute intelligence, from the one-man army that was Eidolonic to Miss "Scum-Can't-Find-Me-As-Probe" Vira. Jeram, I still maintain that the mafia gave a valiant performance for which you should be commended. You simply had bad luck, in finding yourself opposed against a Vanilla Townie who had the Mafia-juggling thumps of Irene in her prime. Please don't feel discouraged. The scum were great mafia players, and you will find far better luck in your next mafia game.

(As long as Eidolonic isn't playing).

In general, I'm glad that people learnt from the first lesson I taught in STAR WARS I:
    On an amusing note, you will find out for yourselves when you read the QTs that Ashaya had at one point targeted Vira (the Probe) for a Smuggler kill. This means that if the Scum had chosen to kill Ashaya, they might have killed both heads of Doduo with one stone. Does this reflect, perhaps, a lesson I suggested in Femmafia?

I jest, I jest. ...Or do I?

On a more serious note, I personally think STAR WARS III conclusively demonstrates that you do not need to have an "awesome/active" role to kick butt in mafia. In fact, sometimes passive or Vanilla roles can afford you a certain boldness which others may not be able to wield. Eidolonic's orchestrated performance exemplifies this notion. Although he was only a Rebel, Eidolonic managed to steer the Town in the right direction and eventually attain a victory. It's all about your level of commitment: if you are active and put effort into your role, you can reach the Kairene Strata of Buttkicking.

So my observation from STAR WARS III is "don't be disappointed and fall into lurking apathy when you draw a passive role. Commitment to the game is what counts".

Overall, I salute you players for this fantastic game, despite its hiccups and my lateness due to university life! Thank you for your cooperation, and hopefully, I will see you all again when I host another mafia game.

A new hope for tomorrow, allons-y!

The thread is open to discussion.

Feedback is appreciated. Awards, and the links to QTs are coming. Thank you all for playing.

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  20. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fun game, died too soon to be as committed to character as I wanted.

I'm saying now that I'm always going to be "in character" for star wars games, it's just too fun!

Not open for further replies.