1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Harry Potter and the Boy Who Lived by The Santi - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ulkser, Sep 11, 2009.

Not open for further replies.
  1. sombrero

sombrero First Year

I think he meant Harry doesn't end up in the graveyard.

Following that thought, Nathan would get in the graveyard, and like he said, "They ( Nathan + other guy, maybe Cedric, maybe Krum) get back and Voldemort is announced but no one believes it, ala cannon.".

By "no one" he meant everybody except of course the Potter family and the other good guys.

If you understood that only Krum end up in the graveyard, why would you say "I don't understand why Harry wouldn't believe both of them that Voldemort was back" ? I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense for me.

The whole story on Nathans' side is literally canon, everything that happened was canon except for a few details (Harry's letters), so I think it's safe to say that Nathan will end up with Cedric in the graveyard and the exact same thing will happen. That's the boring part. What will the Santi show us is Harry's side and I expect shit to go bananas.

Harry will most likely find out about Croutch!Madeye too late and participate in his bloody and messy fall, he will realise just in what kind of shit is his bro and that's what will definitively push him "to the dark side" to seek more destructive power.
    The idea of him joining forces with Voldemort in any way is absolutely ridiculous.

That said, i'd really love it if the Santi went with his own TWT tasks like in jBern's the lie i've lived, damn those tasks were the shit.

2. Viewtiful

Viewtiful Groundskeeper

Nathan's story has mostly followed canon because of Harry's limited influence on his school-life, as you said the only difference is the exchange of letters. With Harry actually being in Hogwarts, being in contact with Nathan all year, it's not at all safe to assume that the story will mirror canon.

3. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Not only that, but Nathan isn't really even like canon Harry. I've seen the comparison drawn several times in this thread, but the fact that he has the same friends and has similar adventures doesn't mean they're the same person. They have entirely different personalities.

4. Cas

Cas Slug Club Member

Yeah I didn't make my self very clear by saying only Krum will end up in the graveyard, I meant only Krum with Nathan, not Nathan and Harry.

5. Carmine

Carmine Unspeakable

To be honest, I don't think it's going to get as far as the graveyard, and Crouch Junior's going to get discovered sooner rather than later. I don't remember who has the Map now, but even if it's Nathan, if he sees 'Barty Crouch' in Snape's potions storeroom, he'd ask Harry what he thought about it. And I'd like to think that this Harry is perceptive enough to realise there might be more than meets the eye with that. Idk, for whatever reason, I don't think Crouch will stay undetected all year.

6. Expelliarmus

Expelliarmus Third Year

If i'm right, the person who has the Marauder's Map is Dumbledore, althought Voldemort knows it (If I remember correctly, Pettigrew saw it in the hands of Remus before fleeing Hogwarts, and it is very possible that Pettigrew tell his Dark Lord).

However, given that Dumbledore believes the only Death Eater free (and has not publicly renounced Voldemort as did those that alluded be controlled by the Imperius Curse, as did Lucius Malfoy and his friends) is Pettigrew, possibly he just perform a spell on the Marauder's Map that will be notified immediately if a particular person appears (Pettigrew) in it, without worrying that appears Barty Crouch Jr (who all believe dead and buried in Azkaban) on it.

However, it is also possible that Voldemort decides to replace the real Barty Crouch Sr (which would be under an Imperius Curse), by his son, and the Marauder's Map recognizes only the identity of the person appearing in it, regardless if this person is senior or junior.

7. mrstranger

mrstranger Squib

I just wanted to add that when Pettigrew was seen by Remus in 3rd year, he saw the map and said next time they won't see him coming on the map.... maybe that was a hint by Santi that the map won't be very useful (voldemort might find a way around it when peter tells him about it or something)....

8. redshell

redshell Order Member

The map only lists the name, it doesn't distinguish between Senior and Junior. I believe there's a scene directly in the book where, several times, Harry sees Barty Crouch in the same room as Alastor Moody.

Speaking of Moody, that means that the map can "see" through magical storage devices.

9. toosmall

toosmall Squib

I've been puzzling over this for a while and I can't figure it out. Why is Calypso so certain that news of her father spreading throughout Hogwarts won't matter?

Also I'm not sure the timeline of Romulus helping Calypso into the tournament makes much sense. Calypso apparently has to beg her father to accept information from her in exchange for a place in the tournament in late September:

However, we know that it was in early September that he ensured his daughter would go with Harry to the tournament.

That Calypso is judged by the Phoenix towards the end of September makes me think that it is then that Calypso sold out Harry for a spot on the delegation. However, the phoenix doesn't actually go completely against her for this betrayal. In part this is likely due to her having sold out Harry only because she wants to be around him so badly. The weird bit is that by this point she already has her spot on the ship... so that has to make the trial a bit wacky too.

It appears to me that the simplest way for the timeline to still make sense would be Calypso not knowing her fathers motivations as well as she thinks she does. When he says he is looking out for her best interests he means it. When he says that he didn't try to extort her he means it. He just didn't want to encourage her in pushing him away by letting her know that directly.

An alternative interpretation is that he put her on the delegation in order to convince jealous students to attack her. Which doesn't really make much sense to me, since I don't see a guy who cares as much about his family as Rosier trying to get his daughter killed. He seems more like the sort of person that kills people who threaten her.

Last edited: May 31, 2012
  10. Username12

Username12 Muggle

How far along are people on this thread? I have not gotten any emails or notifications about any updates past Harry, Nathan and Calypso in the hospital wing where Rita is flying out the window in bug form. Is that where the story is for everyone else?

11. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Yes it is.

12. Hw597

Hw597 Seventh Year

I tried trawling through the billion posts to find the answer for myself but eventually gave up. I was just wondering if there is a post from Santi explaining the delay. I know Taure is planning on finishing the first entire book of Lords before posting again. I just assumed Santi must be doing something similar.

13. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So people don't have to go back like I did. :p

14. templar627

templar627 Squib

So, then when was that quote posted?

15. wolf550e

wolf550e High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

On Santi's private forum for betas, he said on 2012-05-17 that he is going to be worked 12+ hour days on a summer internship, but he'll try to get something done by July. Personally, I wouldn't count on it, but we might get surprised.

16. pdgrunge

pdgrunge Squib

Did he told anything about august?
    I cant wait to read what rita would write and most of it just might be true.

17. wolf550e

wolf550e High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Santi is working on it. It's in revision. Have patience. Don't necro the thread unless you have something useful to say. Leave to "moar!" coments after a chapter is posted, when lots of such comments are posted.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2012
  18. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

To leave nothing else than "moar!" comments might end up badly for your DLP experience even after a chapter is posted. Keep in mind: You need to be a member to access Santi's story thread and read future updates.

As all is said with wolf's post, I lock this thread until Santi posts the next chapter.

Oh, and if you dare to use the story thread to post anything, you'll feel the wrath of - no, not Khan, but Sesc. Again: Keep in mind: You need to be a member to access Santi's story thread and read future updates.

Edit Nov/2012: And this is still the latest. Santi will update when he does. -Sesc

19. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Update - Not of the story but of my last post:

1. The story is labelled as abandoned, because it hasn't been updated for more than 12 months.
    2. If you want to take over / continue / basically copypaste this story to post it under your own name, please read this post first: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?p=277496#post277496 That's still the stance of the DLP staff towards "Taking Over" someone else's story.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2015
  20. The Santi

The Santi Professor

Not open for further replies.