1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #1 - The Battle of Hogwarts

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 16, 2012.

1. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Oops, first time there I didn't read all of the rules, just that top one. Went back and realized my mistake. Sorry about that!

2. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

I don't think you're scum Riley, I think you just poorly worded your reasoning for your lynch. When I heard that I saw you getting your reasons to lynch someone from another person you think could be scum, which is pretty awful. But I think Mishie cleared it up for me so it's not as bad.

Moving on to fontisian.
    When I look at this post, I see a scum trying to give the illusion of providing information to town. fontisian provides a insight on a bunch of characters, but there is literally nothing we can use in it. True town wouldn't feel the need to provide useless information since, they don't care, they're town; they want to win, and you don't win by giving fluff, you win by scum hunting and providing distinct reasons for your suspicions. I * sigh * agree with Rubicon in that regard although Rubicon didn't word it so well. I feel like fontisian cherry picked Rubicon's post to find the most derpy things after she saw the opportunity to get a lynch off herself.

I called you out on it because not only did you merely regurgitate what had already been said with no actual content, but it's a terrible reason to be suspicious.

I turned that question back around on you fontisian, because I wanted to know why you were doing it, so to hopefully give your post more substance and tell town what made you suspicious. This ties into my previous assertion that you have provided nothing to town because you are scum.

If town thinks I should throw a vote on Rubicon, I will, otherwise, I will abstain so we can have more discussion especially considering Rubicon's role reveal. I'd be much happier with a lynch on fontisian.

I really hope either fontisian or Rubicon is scum. Otherwise xfd

3. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Okay something just popped into my head.

I'm not trying to white knight Rubicon, but one thing made me really feel like he is not scum. Even if he spelled it wrong, his role claim would be a pretty risky one to claim.

Given that the story at the beginning says that the students, Order and Ministry of Magic are fighting Death Eaters, don't you think that there would be a good chance that the Minister for Magic was one of the characters? And if so, the Death Eaters probably don't want to role claim a character that they think has a good chance of being a town character. Basically I just always think, if I were scum what would I do? And I would not call myself a character that has a high probability of existing in the game already because I would not want anyone to counter claim me.

Just my two cents.

I could definitely get behind the Fontisian votes, because rereading the main post that everyone is bringing up about saying absolutely nothing, it is a pretty scummy post, lots of fake content basically. Have a couple more reasons from her posts, but am rushing out just had to post this to make people think twice.

When I get back tonight, will switch my vote depending on what is going on.

4. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

I think that gets into a bit of WINE there Lochness. I don't think there's much we can say about his choice of role. We'll get caught up in what ifs.

If he's indeed vanilla, we should feel less bad about lynching him if we think it'll provide us with a good information on other people. But that's up to the people who are currently leading the lynch as to what they hope to get out of it.

5. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I can think of several reasons why a scum might claim something they think exists. But my main reason for disliking his claim is that I just don't think something like the Minister of Magic would be a vanilla role. Something that sounds important like that would have some sort of power to go with it, in my opinion. Also I think that it's way too easy to claim vanilla in a closed setup game.

6. AngelRick

AngelRick Guest

I don't think we can make that assumption BillDoor. As good as it sounds, it's still WINE.

If I had a mind to counter, I would say Rufus Scrimgeour was pretty fucking useless. He spent his time unsuccessfully to get Harry to work for him. Giving him compared to the other characters seems an insult to the others.

---------- Post automerged at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

bleh there are so many things grammatically wrong with that.

"He spent his time, unsuccessfully, trying to get Harry to work for him."

"Giving him some power compared to other characters seems to be unlikely compared to many other better characters."

---------- Post automerged at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

But yes, claiming vanilla is easy and that aspect should not be overlooked.

7. Bill Door

You know what? I just re-read the thread, and I'm with LochNess here.

Rescind Vote

Lynch Vote: sacrifice.

You see, I put him under a little pressure early on, he'd made a few slightly scummy posts and I wanted to see how he'd react. And well... he vanished, for a while, and his next post was this little number;

Which coincidentally, involved jumping at the first chance to direct suspicion on anyone other than himself, Stojil had just voted for Jeopardizer a few posts previously. So, Sacrifice here, seizes the opportunity.

A while later, he does the exact same thing with Rubicon. Rubicon makes his posts attacking fontisian, mishie then votes for Rubicon, and Sacrifice once again seizes the opportunity to look like he's scumhunting. With a long post, in which he says very little, followed by a vote, once again on a relatively easy target.

Reading the thread, with Rubicon's "reveal" in mind, also made his posts make more sense. And made me a bit happier with the way he's done things. So I'm sort of leaning towards him not being scum. This doesn't, however, mean I really agree with him on fontisian. I don't think she's given enough for a lynch.

In other news, I'm also a bit happier with Stojil.

Also, I want to see some more posts from Republic, Riley, kalas and Wetnurse, please?

8. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sorry, been playing LoL all day lol.

Rubicon's claim is.. believable. If only from the lack of counterclaim from a Scrimgeour or Fudge character. Which is kinda fucking annoying as I had Rubicon pegged as the scum player between him and fontisian. Add in Angelrick's light defense while trying to look null and gah.

@Bill: I don't find Sacrifice as bad as you seem too.. though it is bad you hard he was pushing Rubicon then disappeared the second he claimed :/ I'll go have another look over his posts.

---------- Post automerged at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Sacrifice thoughts tomorrow morning. Bed now.

9. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Well, you're meta-ing. Worse, you are meta-ing according to how you play, and not how I play :0

I agree. It is pretty risky to claim Minister of Magic if he is scum. However, if someone (Player X) actually counter-claimed him, scum would know that Player X is Minister of Magic. If Player X even revealed his abilities (because Minister of Magic may not be vanilla), scum will have new information (so they can decide whether or not to NK that person)
    Basically it is a gambit.

What pressure? You simply posted "You're joking, right?" How am I even supposed to answer that?

1) Yes. I am joking
    2) No. I am not joking
    3) What do you think?

None of the answers here provide you any information. In fact, I don't even have to answer your question. It brings no benefits to town for me to answer.

Hmm, I think town should be actively scumhunting, don't you think?
    Even now, I think the whole Jeopardizer-Stojil conversation is fishy as hell and I would have kept my vote on Jeopardizer if not for Rubicon's super scummy post.

I'm assuming you are referring to post #54
    There are only that much information I can post at that point. Considering it is Rubicon's FIRST post, yet it contains so much scummy content.

I went to sleep. My time zone is GMT +8.

---

Current Vote counts:

Sacrifice(3) - Bill Door, LochNess, Riley Poole
    Rubicon(4) - Sacrifice, Uncle Stojil, Fontisian, Mishie
    Fontisian(1) -Rubicon
    Jeopardizer(1) - AngelRick
    AngelRick(3) Kalas, Wetnurse, Jeopardizer

Abstaining(1) - Republic21

--

---------- Post automerged at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

It is possible but way too risky. Any non-beginner mafia players should know that splitting up your votes is the best way to play when you are scum.

If Fontisian is not scum, at least one scum would vote for her.

If Fontisian is scum, at least one scum would vote for her too.

In either case, I find you being the only one voting for Fontisian really strange. The role-claim you made doesn't tell me anything because you claimed vanilla, and you made it clear that you are willing to die.

That does seem townie, but at this point, switching to another person isn't a good idea.

10. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

AngelRick and Lochness swooping in to sort-of-defend Rubicon looks bad. It also assures us that even more info will be generated by Rubicon's lynch.

Add to that the spelling mistake in his roleclaim, the fact that it's conveniently vanilla and pretty unbelievable considering the flavour/power concept, and I think my vote will stay on him, unless of hard scumslips.

Frankly, though, I would be okay with lynching anyone but Jeopardizer and Bill Door, who are my only town-reads. Lochness was there as well before her last post, which pushed her into null territory.

Wetnurse/Republic: give us your interpretation of the Rubicon/fontisan confrontation, please.
    Riley: your opinion on Rubicon's claim.
    Mishie/AngelRick: all you can about Sacrifice.

11. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Rubicon's slip up on spelling may just be an issue with copy pasting from Eido, I know Eido can't confirm whether or not he misspelled it so that point is kind of moot.

That being said, Rubicon is defending hard and attacking harder. I honestly don't know whether to take him as scum or town. If he's scum he's doing a damn fine job of confusing the shit out of me. If he's town, same thing occurs to me in the end, damn fine job of confusing the shit out of me.

Final Analysis: Rubicon is either A) A flailing towny desperately trying to throw the lynch elsewhere OR B) a flailing scum trying to take someone with him. Either way, I foresee that not much is going to change between now and the lynch. If it does, it will only be shift between Rubicon and Fontisian at this point and both are employing the attack, attack, attack approach.

Honestly, I still hope we have a check system of some kind and can clear the major players like yourself and BillDoor, but in this case, it might be better for any "judge or cop" type player to cast a check towards the survivor of these two.

I will be rescinding my vote and voting to lynch: Rubicon as a means of keeping one of the two most suspicious players on the lynch stand. Should something come up to show concrete evidence that Rubicon is indeed who he says he is, then I shall throw my lynch to Fontisian.

That being said, I don't condone role-reveal this early, especially of non-vanilla townies as that would lead to great blood shed I believe.

---------- Post automerged at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

I also agree with your analysis of LochNess and AngelRick, but I do want to point out that they might be doing so in some form of early game trap for the scum that is being employed by whomever has actual "townie powers". If they are all town and we the vanilla's don't know that then we can assume the scum also not privy to that information.

---------- Post automerged at 02:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 AM ----------

With that I'm off to bed, I hope I answered your question well. I just wanted to post this so people don't think I've run off and hidden. Also, sorry for the triple automerge.

12. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

No one can seriously suggest lynching Sacrifice at this point. Either lynch Fontisian or lynch me. Lynching anyone else leaves the question of me and Fontisian hanging and denies town a host of information that it desperately needs to win. I really, really want people to vote for scum here, but if I have to die to clarify this situation for town then that's what needs to happen.

As for my spelling error: All I can say is that I made the mistake of trying to type it from memory without checking the QT first. On the bright side, if I'm lynched I'll be able to tell people I was lynched on a Harry Potter forum for misspelling Rufus Scrimgeour.

Thanks for putting the case for why Fontisian is scum into far better words than I managed to.

Sometimes I struggle with explaining my thoughts in a way that people find persuasive, but we have a solid lead here on Fontisian being scum and I do not want to lose the chance to lynch scum D1.

I think you should definitely put a vote on either me or Fontisian as soon as possible. Several people are moving their votes away from me (sincerely or not) to Sacrifice, and the Sacrifice wagon is not informative at all and leaves the whole question of me and Fontisian hanging. Meanwhile, Fontisian is not going to die unless someone other than me votes for him. So if you want one of the two of us to die, and town to get the information from the lynch, vote!

It occurred to me that in a closed setup, there could be some aspect of the setup that makes the other scum not want to vote Fontisian. Or it could just be whim and WIFOM. I don't think we have enough information to form any conclusions from it.

13. Bill Door

This pressure:

I mean, it's possible that you're blind and didn't notice it, but you missed the second vote on you too?

No. Just no. You could not have voted for Jeoprdizer because you found that conversation suspicious, your vote for him was before the suspicious parts of that conversation. You voted for him because Stojil did and it successfully diverted attention away from you.

Why not? There's still enough time in the day left to potentially get another lynch going, it doesn't need a majority in this rule set. Vote for whoever you think is scum, not becasue you think you have to choose between two people, that applies to everyone.

14. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Votals!

Rubicon: (5) Mishie, Sacrifice, Uncle Stojil, Fontisian, Riley Poole
    AngelRick: (3) Kalas, Wetnurse, Jeopardizer
    Sacrifice: (2) LochNess, Bill Door
    Fontisian: (1) Rubicon
    Jeopardizer: (1) AngelRick

Abstaining: (1) Republic21

With 13 players remaining, it is 7 to hard lynch, and 4 to soft lynch.

Day One ends in 12 Hours

15. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

It's my turn to return that statement back to you.
    "This isn't your first game, and I refuse to believe you are stupid enough to think that a good idea."

Come on, answering your retarded question with "what do you think?" is scummy? You've got to be kidding mate.

Also, what is that lynch-vote on me going to do? Before you, Wetnurse voted for me out of pure fun (which is totally obvious) and I myself found it funny too.

Then you voted for me based on a completely nonsensical reason. Like hell I am going to answer to that "pressure". Or rather, why should I be pressured by a lynch with no basis?

Well, at least I'm not lynching someone for a stupid reason like "omg, he refused to answer my really pointless question, he must be scum."

I voted for him because I agreed with the reasons Stojil gave, because they make sense.

For the reasons Rubicon stated. Lynching me won't really get you much information.

--
    Also, I am mighty suspicious of you since the start of the game all the way until now.

Here are the sequence of events:

First you started a lynch on Jeopardizer with no particular reason. I thought at first that you might be doing that just for the heck of it.

Next, you questioned me with "You're joking right?" which I refused to give a proper answer because that was a stupid question.

You used that as an excuse and put a lynch vote on me, which you claimed to be "putting pressure" on me. That made no sense at all.

Then, you started asking questions to random players. basically, all the questions are along the lines of "hey, player X, what do you think of player Y and Z"

Next, Uncle Stojil pointed out that Jeopardizer's post was scummy, and proceeded to put a lynch vote.

Riley decided to vote for me too, because of the reasons you stated. What? I don't even. I decided there was no point for me to answer that too, because dude, that wasn't even a proper reason and I can't "explain myself" as there was nothing to explain.

I agreed with Stojil, and voted for Jeopardizer too.

LochNess then stated that she disliked my first post. Fair enough, I can see where she was coming from.

Stojil proceeded to have a really suspicious conversation with Jeopardizer, and unvoted.

You rescinded your vote, and voted for Stojil.
    Funny, why didn't you ask me any more questions if you thought I could be scum?

Rubicon comes up with an insane post that tunnels at Fontisian.

Mishie saw his post before me, determined it to be scummy, and voted for Rubicon.

I just so happened to see the post after Mishie, and I decided that Rubicon's behaviour was far more scummy than Stojil and Jeopardizer conversation. I stated all the reasons why.

Wetnurse unvoted. I didn't really care anyway.

Rubicon himself agreed that he was doing nothing but flipping mud, and he simply wants Fontisian to die.
    That simply made him look even more scummy.
    (refer to post #60)

You then pointed out Republic's post was just really scummy and I agreed. Or rather I agreed with Fontisian when she said both Rubicon and Republic are really darn suspicious. I thought there could be a possibility of a Judge role.

You then responded that there probably isn't a Judge.

Afterwards you responded to Rubicon's post that "saying that someone posting more content than they were asked for is a scum tell" was the most retarded piece of logic you've seen this week.
    Then rescinded your vote and voted for Rubicon

I proceeded to target Rubicon with questions to determine if he was scum or bad town. I determined him to be scum. I also listed out possible scenarios as to why no one else was lynching Fontisian.

LochNess thought that my post was suspicious by META-ING and furthermore, meta-ing with her own playing style rather than reading through my past games and commenting on my playing style. Then she voted for me for the reason of wanting me to stay on scumdar. Valid reason. However, I have nothing to explain about. I simply have my own views.

Then you proceeded to agree with LochNess and rescinded your vote, and put a lynch vote on me. Then you claimed that you "put pressure" on me when you really didn't do anything significant at all. If that is your way of placing pressure......try harder.

That said, you are acting very much like scum. Is Rubicon your scumbuddy? Or rather, are you trying to balance out the votes so that a "No-lynch" will take place?

16. Jeopardizer

Jeopardizer First Year

Seems I missed quite a lot.

I will vote Rubicon if need be because we ought to learn some things. And something about Sacrifice bandwagon didn't sit well with me. While I agree with most of the arguments, the timing, the ease with wich it took off... Something looks fishy.

Alos, here are the 4 posts made by Republic21: #10, #63, #67, #70.

tl;dr of Republic21 = nothing, anti-town, anti-town, anti-town. No votes, no sharing of suspicions, nothing, just mechanics.

So I want to see his answer to Stojil's question soon, and I will read it carefully, because it could be lurker!town or it could be scum taking a backseat and letting the game happens.

---------- Post automerged at 06:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

And Sacrifice is a dirty, dirty ninja.

17. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    My timezone is different from most of you guys.
    I'm not so much for analyzing, hence why I usually prefer to observe, and I just woke up 3 hours ago, but:
    I had to go and re-read the thread, but here's how I see it.

Fontisian started out very scummy, and hasn't stopped being scummy from his first post. Rubicon attacked him from his first post and has kept at it. Maybe he smelled a newbie town that was trying too hard and managed to look scummy, and tried to capitalise on it. Or maybe Fontisian is scum, and Rubicon is just trying way too hard.
    Either way, I don't see how one of them can not be scum, but at the same time I'll be surprised if they are, because if they are then they're not being very subtle about it.

Their tactic of exterminate exterminate exterminate seems to be mostly aimed at each other, with occasional accusations ad suspicions to others. Maybe they're both scum trying to make one of them seem town from the other's death, but that's a terrible scum tactic day 1 (as shown by Taure).

Rubicon's claim means absolutely nothing. He may very well be the Minister, or he's desperate scum trying to save his life. Either way, we won't know until we lynch him.

tl;dr: Both look scummy as fuck, with fontisian more derpy scummy and Rubicon more controlled scummy, and while I'm still not voting yet if I do it'll be one of them.
    The reason why I'm not voting yet is that with the soft lynch mechanic my vote is not necessary, and I feel oncomfortable voting when I'm not relatively sure about something.

---------- Post automerged at 06:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

Hole ninja Batman. Three posts occured while I was writing this.

18. Bill Door

Really sacrifice, your response is "NO U!!!"?

---------- Post automerged at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Sacrifice, in what world is the way I've played this game acting like scum, seriously? Please do say exactly what scummy things there are that I've done, instead of inaccurately recounting things I've said.

19. Sacrifice

Sacrifice Guest

Very well. No, my response is not "NO U". I have been observing you since the start of the game.

Firstly, on the first page, I said some incredibly stupid stuff to bait people in. I wanted to see who will "desperately get anyone to die". You took the bait. Others will think "gosh, what an idiot, isn't it common sense that mass-claim is bad?"

Seriously, do you think I do not know why a mass-claim is bad?

Okay, you want to know how you've been playing like scum? You started a lynch on Jeopardizer for no reason, I don't know if you just want a random lynch day 1, or did you simply voted for the heck of it. You made it sound like the latter, so oh well, fine.

You used the excuse that I was not answering your dumb question properly to put a vote on me. If you were trying to PRESSURE me, you ought to phrase the question properly. Then Riley came by, and voted for me too.

Now that I look again,

What, did you have it all planned out for Riley to vote for me too? Do you two have a shared QT? Don't answer that, I am just saying it totally seems like it.

After that, I chose to ignore both of you because seriously, what are you lynching me for? At least elaborate.

Then you started asking random questions to random players. That isn't acting scummy, but, if you thought I was scum, shouldn't you have some questions for me to answer? So that you can actually PRESSURE me?

Then after I ignored your utterly ridiculous stand on why you lynched me, you decided "hey, no one else is lynching sacrifice, let's shift on to someone else" and that person so happened to be Stojil.

Then strangely, after you commented on how Republic is scummy, you actually didn't change your vote to him!

Then you voted for Rubicon for his scummy post and ALSO "no one else seems to be going along with me at the moment". Oh, isn't that what happened earlier on? Since no one else seems to want to lynch sacrifice, you switch to stojil. Since no one else wants to lynch stojil, you change to rubicon.

Then you mentioned some mechanics stuff, never mind about that.

Then LochNess mentioned i was suspicious, and then you changed your vote back to me again. The reason you voted for me was because I ignored the earlier question that you posed to me as well as Riley's vote. The way you put it seems as though it was part of your plan to have Riley vote me as well.

Worse of all, you changed your vote when the votes were like this.

--
    Sacrifice(2) - LochNess, Riley Poole
    Rubicon(5) - Sacrifice, Uncle Stojil, Fontisian, Mishie, Bill Door
    Fontisian(1) -Rubicon

--
    then it became

Sacrifice(3) - Bill Door, LochNess, Riley Poole
    Rubicon(4) - Sacrifice, Uncle Stojil, Fontisian, Mishie
    Fontisian(1) -Rubicon

--

You do realise that it totally looks like you are trying to balance out the votes, right? That will result in a no lynch which is really..bad.

Next, you suggest that we can switch over the votes at the rate this is going. Did you even read what Rubicon posted before you?

Do you still not see why I think you are acting scummy?

You seem like you just want anyone to die. (other than Republic)
    I don't know why you switched away from Rubicon, but I suspect it could be scum trying to split votes.

You seem to be sharing a QT with Riley
    If this is the case, you two are town roles that share a QT, or you both are scums.

You attempted to stop the lynchwagon on Rubicon when so much information could be gained out of it.

20. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I want to point out that I in no way share a QT with BillDoor.