1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dear god, these Twitards.

Discussion in 'The Humor Mill' started by methor, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

This. Also, OP, MLIT is very likely older than you are.

Because only Twilight fans can be obsessive, am I right? And it isn't even mildly possible that this thread proves only the fact that Twilight fans are mindnumbingly retarded.

I may dislike Twilight, but (and this may be a shock to you) its not the worst book ever. Nor is it the greatest slight to the vocation or avocation of writing/authoring.

2. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh, it's not the worst book ever. Not by a fair amount. But it's a terrible, terrible book nonetheless. A thing needn't be the absolute worst of it's class to be worthy of disdain.

As we all know people can obsess about all sorts of things. From Twilight to Harry Potter to Bottle Cap Collecting to Pokemon to Cars/Books/Trains/Etc Etc Ad Infinitum.

I'm not saying the material itself is more prone to causing obsession than any other social phenomenon, just that it's one of the worst representations of such in recent history. Up there with Justin Bieber and "Reality" TV.

Just because on a scale of 1 to 10, it's only a 3, and not a 1, doesn't mean that it's not still pretty terrible for being a 3.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  3. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

I'm torn between wanting to handle these people with maturity... And a very strong urge to troll the crap out of them. Decisions, decisions.

4. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Maybe, maybe not. But do you know what the best way to deal with them all is? Ignorance. Pretend they dont exist and it will have little to no effect on your life at all.

DLP wouldnt be littered with idiotic threads of simpleminded fools bitching about subpar story at the slightest mention of them. There wouldnt be sites like fandom wank. We could all live in blissful harmony in out internet home.

You're entitled to your opinion, just like everything else. My opinion, in this case, is that people should shut the fuck up about their opinions on the feces that ruins our <avocation here>.

5. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Okay guys, just came across this one. So... who here has something to confess?