1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by fash, May 12, 2011.

1. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yep, looks like that worked for me. Who knows how long this will last though, so I suggest that if you want Back to Karkand you try that method now.

2. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

Should I get Armored Kill or Close Quarter? I picked up Back to Karkand already and I'm probably only going to get one more. I also haven't played enough to comfortably fly jets or helicopters, I usually crash them.

3. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

You've pretty much answered your own question there. Unless you want to devote a chunk of time to piloting and driving vehicles of different sorts you'd best stick to Close Quarters.

4. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

Alright, thanks. Now all I have to do is figure out how to use my google debit card. Edit: google wallet mobile is a horrible, horrible thing. You should avoid it if possible.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  5. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Well, Armored Kill isn't all about flying - it's more about tanks. Get Close Quarters if you like infantry combat, Armored Kill if you don't.

6. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

Anyone want to team up for Drop'em Like Liquid? I'm having a little bit of trouble in that mission. The farthest I've gotten is getting the hostages shot in the palace.

7. bob99

bob99 High Inquisitor

Well, I just played Aftermath for the first time today. I was impressed. The maps seem to be well made. The infantry mode only sections of the map for game modes like scavenger were well designed. And scavenger was fun, it is definitely better than gunmaster.

8. coleam

coleam Death Eater

Agreed on all counts. I've been enjoying Aftermath immensely.

*Edit* except for Epicenter. That map in particular is heavily skewed towards US. I've only seen Russia win once, and that was with a particularly bad US team. All other rounds on that map have been a US rout (200+ - 0)

9. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Got this from Chriar, thank you very much mate!

The game is beautiful. I'm running it maxed out with not a slowdown to be seen, so the first time I got in there after playing a few hours in the 360 version I was lmfao at how awesome it was. The sunglare/washing out drives me insane. It's unneeded and kills me sometimes depending on our angle of attack. It's quickly fixable, but I've died godawful amount of times to it, so so much hate!

As a newbie stepping into the servers, holy shit. The colors they decided to use, something about them for me, means unless something is moving, I have a hard as hell time picking out soldiers, so I'm getting sniped down alot. The ease at which you die has changed from the days of BF2 and 2142, and gone more consoley, super fast deaths, super fast respawns, which lead to zerg charging, which I really don't care for. But at the same time, PC has no integrated voice support... WTF?!?!?! I couldn't even believe this, especially when it's there on the consoles. This is beyond stupid. I can't type fast enough to warn my squadmates there's an ambush around the corner, or coordinate to take out the tanks sitting in the middle of Karkand, because no one pays any attention to the chat box.

The unlock system seems like it's going to have me frustrated until I grind up my guns to get scopes. Default assault, base gun, no scope. Spawn, walk 10 seconds, sniped by everyone else in the game who has a scope. Rage inducing. I've been sniped from godawful away by a guy with a crossbow, a pistol, etc. Just stuff that shouldn't be realistic to get hit with from the next fucking town over. Worst part is the jets. I got this for the flying. Default plane only having machine guns, sad face.

On the positive side, the graphics are amazing, the maps are perfect for the most part, and I'll play the hell out of this, especially since Planetside 2 is having issues with hackers bringing down the server chunks. Just wish it was more of a PC game. I miss Commander mode from BF2, the Titan assaults from BF2142, I miss voice chat.

10. TSN

TSN Auror

Titan assault. best shit ever.

11. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Yeah conquest Planes are pieces of shit until you get sidewinders(heat seekers) or rockets to dive bomb.

Rush Planes however are A-10 and the equivalent for the Russians. Those machines aren't pieces of ass.

But yeah if you're a noob you're going to be easily fucked six ways from sunday on big maps unless you're in a vehicle or with a group.

Playing Rush might be better tho. Its a smaller contained map so you're not getting sniped from every direction... just only from the front. XD

As for your gun unlocks... One thing I did was actually pick up other people's guns. Especially if they're the same class. Get ten kills and the piece unlocks for that gun. Course you still need to level to actually unlock the gun itself but when you do there's no waiting to start kitting it out.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  12. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Yea, like Merc said playing rush in the beginning is way better because the scope of it all is contained to the objectives. Once you get a feel then start moving towards conquest and some of the other game modes.

13. Sn0rkack

Sn0rkack Professor

CoD >

Yeah, I just went there.

14. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Rofl, CoD is shit-tier. And this from someone who's sunk 1400+ hours into it. >_>

15. Midknight

I moved to playing TDM mostly, since I can rack up points and unlocks quicker then the 1-2K points I was getting in conquests. I knew you could pick up other people's kits, but I didn't know you could earn credit for the unlocks using their guns, I'll keep that in mind. Finally got my joystick set up, and I can stay in the air for awhile now, but those shit machine guns... goddamn. I can't kill anything with them on the ground in order to rank up, and if I try to engage the jets I get looped and heat seeked down -=(

16. Sn0rkack

Sn0rkack Professor

Battlequeer is so slow-paced and boring it isn't even funny. You can run around for an hour and not see a single person, only to get mowed down by a tank when you finally do see someone.

17. Midknight

What in the hell BF game were you playing? Ever before it turned into a CoD clone, you never went more then a few minutes tops without seeing someone. Maybe if you were playing on console with the small as shit player size, but on 64 person maps that doesn't happen on PC.

18. Sn0rkack

Sn0rkack Professor

I'm a console gamer and I was talking about Bad Company 2. The campaign for BF3 was alright but I raged pretty hard when it wouldn't even let me play multiplayer cause the game wasn't mine and I had no code - can EA get any gayer? But as Battlefield games go, the only one I can really say I played is Modern Combat 2 when it came out for the 360.

19. Midknight

20. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I've never played TDM as much, only random times when it comes up on a random server. As for the jets, hunt the shit out of helicopters. You can come in and fuck their shit up in a few runs and then be gone before they even can aim at you. Also I'm not sure if you have the expansions, but on armored kill the AC-130s are really easy to kill with Machine guns on the jets. I racked up so many points that way.