1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    How on Earth did you think that?

For reference (cooldowns base)

Q:3.5
    W:14
    E:14
    R:70/60/50

In terms of a sequence, when each skill is cast it lowers the cooldown of all the other spells. A "perfect sequence" looks like this:

Q->W->Q->E->Q.

At full CDR (which you should ALWAYS SHOOT FOR) Q has a cooldown of 2 seconds. Which is really just a single second since hitting your next skill will reduce the cooldown to 1, which is the number of seconds it takes most people to aim and cast their next skill. Riot themselves acknowledged that Ryze has a single mathematically superior spell chain for pure DPS, and seems to be okay with it.

You really should just be using R before your first Q though, since 25% spellvamp is nothing to scoff at. Theoretically Ryze has no difference between his "trade" and "all in" except if you ignite and chase them. If you can hit W and E you basically win every trade ever, since most people can't chain their skills together as fast as you can (6 skills in 6 seconds).

2. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

I thought you throw out first Q then activate R while its midair then continue QWQEQ

3. Wildfeather

High Score:
    Depends on latency/ping/situation. R doesn't really add any damage unless they're grouped, and you already have a perfect chain with QWQEQ, you can't reduce the Q cooldown enough to fit a fourth Q in.

4. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    AD thresh is great. Easy last hitting, great harass, good utility, good damage, and he gets tankier and tankier the longer the game goes on, especially if you're particularly good at gathering Souls. He even does fairly well in mid lane, since his lack of escapes is helped by the short-lane. His shield is also good for scouting bushes if you think a jungler is waiting in the wings to gank you.

I wouldn't bother learning Ryze right now. They're nerfing his range (across the board, every ability) AGAIN. They say they're going for 'mid range', but he's already mid range. What's really going to happen is he's going to be short range.

As for Ryze vs Brand. Brand is strong early game, okay mid game, and great late game. Whereas ryze is weak as hell early game, okay mid game, and fantastic late game. Vs Brand I almost always start with boots. But that's a matchup you're at a disadvantage in. He's got much longer range than you do, and AOE harass, + burst that's even better than yours.

The best way to handle that matchup is always to just play super safe and farm as best you can without putting yourself in too much danger of harass or getting burst-combo'd.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
  5. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

What do you mean?

Instead of QWQEQ, you QRWQEQ

6. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Only when you need to AOE burst the enemy team first thing.

Even then, a QWQEQRQWQEQ chain is the standard for massive cluster-fucking since it accomplishes both AOE and 1v1 with a long bombardment, generally.

7. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

Don't know about you guys but I just roll my face on the keyboard when I play Ryze.

Q, R in mid flight, so on so forth. I like to have the little bit of spell vamp when going for a full combo because the sustain helps during duels.

8. Wildfeather

High Score:
    There's really no way to fit a fourth Q into the combo, the addition of R doesn't really do anything for your single target DPS (the main use of Ryze's combo) and is a conditional modifier. I wouldn't recommend someone practicing to 'master' the QRQWQEQ combo, but mastery of the QWQEQ combo is essential.

It's not dissimilar from landing your spear damage on someone with J4. If you can manage it, that's fine, but the most important thing for you to understand is that the EQ combo knocks someone up. Basically it's too many things for someone just learning to keep track of, it's better to let them master the basics before moving to more advanced techniques than trying to get them proficient in both.

Also because I don't play Ryze, so I have never tried the QRQWQEQ combo to see if it works (based on the opponent's ability to disengage after you've hit them with 3 skills -in QRQ they have 3 seconds to react, but in QWQ then have one. Obviously the latter is much easier to secure- instead of 1) on a consistent basis. It isn't like triple Q on Rengar.

9. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

That's not really wrong if you want the highest instant burst. Level 6, it could be something like Q>R>E>W>Q (Can swap W/E if necessary).

As for highest dps a bit more time, the rest of the posts already mentioned them.

Also, it's really not strange for a Ryze to lose to a Brand. If the Brand know's what he's doing, it's quite easy to destroy the Ryze. Best is to quickly rush your negatron, and get jungle help.

10. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Brand seems fairly easy to gank given his complete lack of escapes and his only CC is a stun you can dodge, though still quite scary to actually gank if you're going even in trades and his ult bounces - god that thing hurts when people don't spread out.

Think we'll see Lucian by the end of the month? Not heard any updates regarding the PBE in a while, though not actively looked either.

11. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    I have discovered my Fizz Counter of choice. It destroys him utterly.

AP Sion.

Even the best Fizz players can only really survive in lane vs an AP Sion. Anything less gets absolutely destroyed.

Dring + 2 > Boots > Dring > Dcap > Lichbane > DG or Rylais

Edit: AP Sion is OP Sion. He's got great farm, good scaling, simple to play, can tower dive, survivable, low cooldowns late game even without much CDR, massive burst, and his build path is simple. Really, AP Sion will make a resurgence sometime.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  12. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I just wanted to share this little gem that I found.
    You're welcome.

13. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Fucking teemo

14. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

For those curious, and lazy, the other story-additions beyond the 30th chapter(and thus not linked in the first post) are on pages 63, 68(two, just scroll down), 72, 75, 76, 77 and 83.

15. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    I think you've got the wrong thread, Fen.

16. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

It was in reference to Republic's link.

17. Darth Disaster

High Score:
    Oohh, that makes more sense.

18. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    5 zeal Master Yi worked, at any point in the game?

19. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

You're talking like you don't think it works now.

20. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Worked when I first got into ranked, two games in a row. Only time I've ever seen it work though.

Not open for further replies.