1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

General League of Legends V 3.0

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Jon, Jul 7, 2013.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The real problem with Shaco is that he does the top lane's job (killing the marksman in fights) without really having the option to build tanky and act as the jungler's role (tanky initiation) and falls off pretty hard. He works well in disengage or split comps or win by 20 comps. But otherwise I think Shaco has to be more skilled than his opponents by a fair margin to win.

2. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I disagree. You can build tank on Shaco easily and transition from Killer to damage soak.

3. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

4. Wildfeather

High Score:
    And you plan to initiate as tank Shaco by...? Deceive -> Box? Every successful Shaco i've seen builds full damage and just evaporates the ADC then tries to escape to do it again.

5. Jon

You're clearly better at Shaco than I am just going to agree. Alternatively I can't be fucked to debate stuff that I know works because I've won with it handily.

6. Wildfeather

High Score:
    Uh... okay?

I was asking as a legitimate interest of mine and not to be sarcastic or rude. If someone you respect says something is viable, to me it seems natural to try and figure out how it is done. Maybe the tone of my message wasnt what I intended but I don't play Shaco so I dont know and have not seen a tanky Shaco build work. What kind of items do you build and how do you fit your skillset into a teamfight? I've never been able to do it myself, so I'd like to find out how the mindset and the approach works.

7. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Tanky Shaco can work though I've only ever seen two as usually with Shaco you either have a stomp in the early game so your lanes snowball out of control and you win, or it all goes horribly wrong and you effectively become a split-pushing machine as you'll do nothing in fights bar evaporate.

I'd imagine you build at the bare minimum a damage item, probably a Shiv as it's what Shaco wants, plus with his mobility you should be getting plenty of procs and it allows you to split if you need to.

After that, I'd imagine it depends on your skill with the champion - Especially when it comes to using your ult to dodge skillshots and things like Karth ult. At a guess, it'd be like most tanks only you build a lot more selfishly so no Locket etc - Build to counter their biggest threat, or to just get to their ADC which as Shaco is probably your goal, given you can't peel at all. So, armor/hp - Randuins, Sunfire maybe, arguably some form of CDR to get the most out of your deceive and boxes.

I dunno, you can win a game with practically anything if you try hard enough, set your mind to it etc etc. Still, what worked for Jon might not work us - and again, 1 Shaco game. Not the foggiest what he did, just a guess.

8. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Tanky Shaco works and builds like any other bruiser. Just because he doesn't have some crazy CC doesn't mean he can't initiate/ soak damage. Still, the reason why tanky Shacos aren't seen as often is because you have to start somewhat early to transition well into Mid Game. But if you start off intending to be tanky, you will lose a lot of the early game strength that Shaco has. So really, you have to be able to judge what kind of build you want/need.

9. Jon

Sorry Wild. I've had a really bad week. :(

Anyway, as said by Super and Cookie;

Tank Shaco needs to transition fairly early. I generally only finish Madreds before I start building Sunfire. You're not so much as an Assassin as a splitpusher/ double tank.

The trick mainly is most people below Mid Plat won't be able to do anything but target Shaco the moment he appears due to a mindset of 'SHACO, KILL IT' formed by Shaco's usually being pure dmg.

It actually makes him a pretty effective tank as he can draw aggro like nobodies business.

Machete > Ward Stone > Boots > Armor/MR > Sunfire/Guardians > Sunfire/Guardians > etc

Basically what you need to look towards.

10. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

It's like Teemo tanking. Everyone guns for your ass anyways so build bulky and make them waste time while still outputting damage.

11. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I find any technique that requires the enemy to be terribad very, shall we say, unreliable.

12. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

The enemy being bad happens to be pretty reliable until Plat.

13. Jon

Sorry, 'In comparison to your skill level'. I personally find most people to be terribad in Gold 2 - Plat 4. The most fun I've had recently was in a low diamond game I recently played in. Still won with Tanko. :3

14. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
  15. Wildfeather

High Score:
    World's is starting for any of those who aren't paying attention.

16. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Regarding streamers, Best Riven NA has the absolute best playlist, imo. Check him out.

17. A Lightning

A Lightning Seventh Year

Riot. What the fuck was that?

18. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

19. Dante

Dante Slug Club Member

People need to learn the difference between flaming and constructive criticism. Pointed out that my adc has 6 runes in total and 10/15/5 masteries so we will feed a lot unless jungler and mid set up a tent in our lane. Apparently, that's flaming. Okay. :D

20. Raijin

Raijin Slug Club Member

It does create a negative atmosphere right off the bat though.

Not open for further replies.