1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Avatar: The Last Airbender (Tinyhunt Variant III) || CONCLUDED

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Zeitgeist, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Titus

Titus Squib

Missed that. When I mention about a player being settled, I want content to detrmine alignment. Ika and me at the end does not do use any favors unless we both are steadfast in each other's towniness.

I am doing that now by providing content and watching him.

---------- Post automerged at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

No it hasn't. Meta is worthless, what people say about meta has value so I wat to run down Fonti's claim.

---------- Post automerged at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

Doesn't gov only kick in if no lynch reached? Deadline votes should block gov right?

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Right, but if the point of your vote was to determine his alignment, how were you hoping it would do that?

Deadline votes can be unvoted the same way lynch votes can. The only difference between them and regular votes is that there's no risk of the Day ending early.

Scum!Door: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=25297

3. Titus

Titus Squib

My vote got ika talking. Now, it serves to get BD talking and ika something to comment on. Laser focus is bad day 1.

Fonti, you are avoiding my question. Do deadline votes block governor?

4. fontisian

Alright.

I don't understand your question. Deadline votes block the judge in the sense that if there is a majority of deadline and regular votes for someone, then at the deadline that person will be lynched and the judge will not activate. If there isn't a majority, then no, they don't block the judge.

5. Titus

Titus Squib

Yeah, you just did. Deadline votes basically say I've got zero confidence in this vote but I don't want the governor in play. The governor is town due to setup.

I also don't see excessive forml language from BD in that game.

My gut is pinging really hard on BD and Fonti scum.

6. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Ugh, I couldn't get anyone to react to my OllieK vote except fontisian :/

Alright, my series of opening posts contained two gambits in one: I both naked-voted Bill Door and Lump voted OllieK to garner some reactions (this was the REDACTED). I decided to do this because the thread was moving at a fast pace and I thought I could go with lazy town/scumhunting as a way to get us out of RVS.

First, why Bill Door is scum:

This is his first post, and the one that tipped me off. I'll go into the second problem with this post later, but the deadline vote is wrong - why would he deadline vote an RVS vote? Deadline votes are counted at the end of the day.

@fontisian and Titus: You may be familiar with this tell.

Bill Door isn't looking for scum, he's looking to tie people together.

"Why are you trying to run up a legit train like 2 hours into day 1?"

Bill Door wants us to /stay/ in RVS with this post, where scum can continue to joke around and post fluff. Town aren't afraid to end RVS early if they see scum.

"Okay either Titus and Ika are both scum or one of them is scum and trying super hard to make it look like the other is too. Cuz this is reading like some hardcore early distancing."

Again, this is Bill Door tying together people again. He hasn't bothered to explain why ika or Titus is scum, but continues to associate themselves as scumbuddies.

He's trying to take the position of "the helpful townie" aka, making gameplay suggestions without scumhunting. He says it isn't good but isn't forceful in trying to get it to stop.

I heard somewhere that RVS jokes were a scumtell.

This attitude of moving away from the current discussion (flees) is scummy.

----

You can supplement this with some meta, if you guys are into that.

In Dresden Casefiles, Bill Door got the ball rolling on post #21.

In here, Bill Door hasn't done anything to move us out of RVS, only joking, tying ika and Titus together, and bemoaning about meta.

This is defensive.

----------

Elect Guest of Honour: Prophylaxis

I've decided I want an extra vote to lynch Bill Door's scumbuddies.

And fontisian is probably town, based on the OllieK reaction. I really wanted her to be town and the reaction seals it.

7. Titus

Titus Squib

Prophy, you are seeing exactly what I saw in BD. Fonti's shitty defense of BD makes me think she's scum. The type of what the fuck you did is the sorta thing scum can latch onto to appear town, rather than letting a gambit run its course.

Lynch vote: Bill Door
    Elect Guest of Honor: Prophylaxis

8. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

How did fontisian defend Bill Door?

She basically fencesitted on him and admitted to doing it.

9. Titus

Titus Squib

This here is the crappy defense and I love language tells.

First, it doesn't give with my random sampling of posts from that game. The two town v scum lack differences in that regard.

Second, language tends to mirror the audience/group. People talk to me much differently than they would talk to ika.

10. fontisian

?

I think we're working with a different meta here. This game most likely doesn't have twilight (Zeit?) I see deadline votes as a way to avoid accidental hammers.

Yes, I'm sure in the 12 minutes since I linked that game, you gained a thorough understanding of Bill Door's meta. And where did I say "excessive formal language"?

Why did it take Proph's case to get you to vote for Bill Door?

Unvote
    Deadline vote: Bill Door

I'm going to ride this wagon.

I was nodding along with your entire case, and then I saw this line and thought "Oh God, he's trying to buddy me." Thanks for that paranoia boost, man.

11. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I can counter the points that Proph made if people want but basically it boils down to him not considering context and things that aren't even nearly scum tells.

---------- Post automerged at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

also that he's using logic to read RVS.

---------- Post automerged at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

I hate language tells because they don't even nearly work.

12. fontisian

I'm going to need more than that.

Bzzzt.

That's how he pegged me in Witchhunt 3 and I've seen him do it on another site. Proph is one of the few people who can really get stuff out of RVS.

13. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

:D

(also, notice that Bill Door is still not scumhunting! - his last post is just more defense, and a mafia theory opinion)

14. Titus

Titus Squib

Bill Door, they do work if you look close enough.

Fonti, why did you jump on, if you were suspicious of my switch? I also don't have multiple votes. So I can't vote two people.

Ika, get in here.

15. fontisian

That isn't an answer Titus. Why did it take you until after Proph's case to switch if you had been scumreading Bill Door beforehand?

16. Bill Door

What do you mean more defense, when was I on defense before? And like half the people in the game haven't posted yet, I need people to post before I can scumhunt among them.

And Citrus never did put down a vote.

---------- Post automerged at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

^ that was at #113

Titus, unless you can show me examples I'm gonna continue believing they don't even nearly work. You might sometime be right with them because of coincidence but they don't work.

17. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

Only becasu you asked me to titus. I have been observeing and keeping my notes. I have sevral tabs open at once. Allow me to get my gian wall of quotes going as well. There has been quite a development and some things that ping me oddly

but first:

Vote lynch: bill door

the reasoning and everything will be coming shortly in my giant wall

18. Titus

Titus Squib

Most are offsite but the closest example for this site is the last mafia game where I caught Citrus due to his melodramatic language regarding my suspicions on him. He should no have kniwn how epic my tunnels were and even then, what I was doing was not a tunnel for me. His word choice betrayed a real survivalist mindset that felt off.

My other examples are from off-site which I can get later. For the record, my best example is the dual cult game fom sc2mafia eons ago.

Language betrays mindset.

@Fonti, I am voting a scumread that has a vote on him. That is an answer. If you get more votes, I will move to you.

19. Bill Door

Because it was right work doesn't mean it's valid. If you insist:

I default to deadline votes when they are in the game, I don't like early hammers. Blame Luckylee for making me paranoid.

Looking for people who are tied together is a good way to look for scum, town don't know who each other are.

I don't like people being too confident with reads when they had no good reasons to do so. Titus' entire reason for running up a lynch on Ika was meta, this game is an example of my belief that meta is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy overused and generally bad for the game.

It's the same people that I'm tying together because town people shouldn't be acting like they'r eso connected this early into the game.

I'm saying stuff that should be said. I can't force people to not use it if they're going to insist on it but I'm going to keep talking about how it's bad

Just no.

That was so clearly a joke that had no relation to the game...

----

Different games are different? Context yo, you need it.

That was me pointing out what was wrong with his post.

20. Titus

Titus Squib

Bill you can still scumhunt among those who HAVE posted.