1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Brass & Tax Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Irdiumstern

Irdiumstern Squib

@Sloth: I figure dialog improves my chances of determining what Nemrut is actually trying to accomplish. Plus there's always inconsistencies to look at.

Stances on everyone:

Nemrut: Still haven't seen anything I'd call scumhunting. Posts are mostly about game mechanics, and proding got a defensive/passive aggressive response. I would like to see more here, but seems scummy.

Zennith: Posts are evasive and don't pressure anyone. Fonti makes a good point about you possibly scumcoaching him. My second biggest scumread. If Zennith were to flip scum, I'd be looking mostly at you, Sloth.

Zeitgeist: Tells Citrus to calm down after putting a vote on me for pressure, which to me seemed like a perfectly reasonable action on citrus' part. NullScum

Citrus: Aggro'd on me after the starting post debacle. Seems to be scumhunting. Leaning Town, but I'd like to see more posts.

Titus: Null read. Trying to claim confTown may have been derp or may have been malicious.

blab: Useless mechanic posts, but also seems to be doing scumhunting. Null read.

Fonti: Seems awfully sure of herself at the moment, but then again that may just be Font. Also called me obvTown, which I find way too trusting or trying to get me on their side. Null.

Rubicon: Has been making reasonable posts. Keeps asking people to vote with him, which I find odd. Null.

Sloth: Not much I can say, other than the possible scumcoaching. Did I miss the part where you answered fonti about scumcoaching? Because if you didn't, I would really like to see what you have to say.

Did I miss anybody?

2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

This game started right before I went to bed and a good window of free time doesn't open for another 12 hours or so for me.

What do you mean by a question about your flavor? Isn't flavor RP?

For the final time, I asked whether there's anything it would be good to reveal. For example, the fact that your double votes expire, which you've revealed a few times now.

@Irid, I'm still not comfortable with you. Questions for you:

1) How many different alignments do you think there are?
    2) What is the specific reason why you voted Rubicon at the beginning of the day?
    3) What is your opinion on Font and Zennith?

3. Irdiumstern

Irdiumstern Squib

Hey Citrus, since you seem to be reading this, what's your opinion on Fonti and Sloth's little tiff? Who is your biggest scumread right now?

4. Citrus

Citrus First Year

And you ninja'd me, I like your most recent post though

---------- Post automerged at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Unvote

/10char

---------- Post automerged at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Last game, I was leaning town on Font but had a sneaking suspicion she was scum, which matched exactly how I felt reading through the witch-hunt game she participated in.

This game I have a townread on Font minus the scum-suspicion so far.

I'm wary of Sloth right now, but I'm deferring my read on him for at least a day so there's more text to analyze, because I think it'll ping pretty true after enough time.

Vote: Zennith

Zennith is looking pretty similar to how he did in the game I was scum with him. Also, as this game has flips, there's a benefit beyond just seeing Zennith's flip this game.

5. blab

blab Second Year

A much better question is:
    Why are you responding to questions not directed at you just to defend Zeit?
    Anyway, overall he has tunneled on Zeit, which is ok, given that he's been scummy. I don't like his style but he's not my prime suspect, because I haven't detected scum-motive (Hint: Wanting to get lynched is not a scum-motive, and if it is, I would consider it bastard-modding)
    Zeitgeist is scummier than Rubicon. Leaps of logic, chainsaw-defended by you, too sure about too many things.

a) I'm pretty sure you do know Garcia rule. Obey it
    b) Your answer is stupid

Accusing me of gamesmanship and calling me a retard...I like it.

Seriously? Your telling me you're unable to think of this:
    9 vs. 3 fair => 13 vs 3 unfair? (Disregarding 3rd party)

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Your reads are eerily similar to how I feel about most of the players Irid

You missed Ika, though he hasn't really posted at all yet this game (1 post I think?)

7. Irdiumstern

Irdiumstern Squib

1)
    Mafia and Town. I think a third party is possible, but it's unlikely to be Titus because being revealed as a power role by mod fiat on day one would make it almost impossible to win.
    2)
    I saw that the thread was open and the game was on, and that something was already happening. Rubicon's post struck me as odd, and since Sloth and Fonti had already voted on him, I figured I would jump in as well. Since 9 votes are needed for a lynch, I assumed that this would not do anything particularly day ending. Also, it meant that I got to start playing immediately and didn't have to sit through random votes, but that was a happy side effect.
    3)
    Answered above.

---------- Post automerged at 11:20 ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 ----------

Oh, yeah you're right. Ika, post more. Titus has been posting. Why are you not tunneling to China yet?

8. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I don't think the answers will be vague if Zeitgeist is town. He might be wrong, but as town, there should be a visible line of reasoning.

This actually reads like you pre-emptively defending Zeitgeist for not responding well to my questions.

Okay. Why do you think I'm keeping attention on 'the wrong parts'? Which parts do you think are wrong, and what would you rather I focus on? You also seem to think Zeitgeist is acting weird, so I'd expect you to agree with my focus on him.

---------- Post automerged at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Did you read my #23? It discusses those kind of reasons. Although I don't think people piling on me for saying something weird makes them more likely to be scum, so... really, I had a lot of reasons for that post. Moving us out of RVS in one post was a big one, trolling the scum team was another.

I assumed you were asking the deeper question, why would I make a baiting post if I knew it would make people tunnel me? And the answer to that is, because I don't care if people tunnel me. It's not something I think about when deciding what to post as town.

What do you think about Sloth, Zeitgeist and blab?

9. Titus

Titus Squib

@Citrus, I say everything I feel relevant to claim. That is why I am pushing for specific questions. Always suppose that I reveal everything I think is beneficial to reveal. If you have a specific question, ask please.

Not really liking Ird's comments regarding ika.

I also don't care for third party talk. If there is one, we will see it.

10. Irdiumstern

Irdiumstern Squib

@Ika: What's your opinion on Titus so far?
    @Zennith: What do you think of Fonti calling you scum?

Come and play, guys!

11. ika

ika Temporarily Banhammered

I get back and see a huge new amount of posts....

I'm basicly gonna do a huge brain dump on all these post cause i just got up. If anyone has anything wanted explaining i can do that. But it might take me a moment to get into a good vibe.

12. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:

Well, frankly, if you ask anyone who has been with me in a game before, this is pretty much always how I act on day one. I tend to get very frustrated with people who act like they have more information than everyone else because it seems dumb to me. Anyone who claims to have absolute certainty on people drive me up a wall. Sure, you can have scumreads, but to be completely certain on day one? How could that be possible?

Or at least, that's how I usually think. This is the first game I've played where we don't know the available roles. As such, it didn't occur to me to think about how that changes things. (well, I mean, obviously that changes a lot, but in regards to mechanics such as the possibility of a player knowing who is and isn't scum off the bat).

For those viewing me as scum because I seem slippery, there's your answer. I have no excess information beyond what we were all given at the beginning of the game, and it was on the very second page of posts that I was asked whether or not I thought Zeit was scum. For the record, I don't. At the time I wasn't sure, but I didn't THINK so, and I didn't hope so.

I grudgingly think Titus is town, despite her tunneling me (I've never reacted well to being tunneled, it pisses me off so early because it's almost always based on no legitimate tells).

There are too many posts to respond to, but if asked to guess who I thought was most likely scum?

Irdiumstern. Asks a whole ton of things without actually being decisive. A lot of you seem to think that makes me seem scummy, and so if this is typical scum behavior, I'll look at another who is doing basically the same thing, albeit in a different way. Giving a lot of surface reads that are just unsubstantial enough to make any waves, but deep enough and cautious enough to not be tunnelled or targeted day one.

---------- Post automerged at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

I don't like it, of course.

But this is a perfect example of the kind of post I'm talking about. All surface thoughts, no real speculation, and trying to stay above the fray.

13. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Zennith: What makes you think Zeitgeist is town? What makes you think Titus is town? Please be specific.

---------- Post automerged at 10:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

Hi ika. I think you may be scum. Please explain why you're not.

14. Irdiumstern

Irdiumstern Squib

@Zennith
    Fair enough. I'm primarily trying to get the lurkier players involved in conversation. I think it's one way to get some content, and a good way to get some info. Since you haven't posted enough to go for a deeper conversation, I'm trying to start one.

My readwall on players above does give some fairly concrete statements, imo.

Since you seem to find it unclear:
    My top 2 scumreads are Zennith and Nemrut (For who I am currently voting). I think Zennith is the superior lynch, because it would give us good info on the sloth/fonti fight.

That's fairly concrete. Have you placed a vote yet? If I'm your top scumread, perhaps you should be asking me questions? Placing a vote on me? Speculating on how my actions tie into a scum plan? (Granted, I have not done that yet)

15. Zennith

High Score:

Concrete statements, sure, but spineless. Nothing really noteworthy, in otherwords, and nothing that has really helped pressure anyone.

Now you jump on the bandwagon for me, which is very fascinating. That's the exact sort of semi-safe semi-staying under the radar with your picks that makes me think you're a scum.

So sure, if you really want me to act now (even though we have plenty of time), here's this.

Vote Irdiumstern

---------- Post automerged at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

I think Zeit is town because of his initial response to the tunnelling that was happening on the first page and his pushed for measured reasoning rather than blindly trusting Titus. He wasn't the target of the tunneling and if he WERE scum buddies, he couldn't have been more obvious calling it out. Zeit tends to be a strong player, ergo he WOULDN"T have made that play to begin with if he were scum.

I think "read think, not am sure" that titus is town after reading through people's posts about mechanics. I'm not THE most experienced with this type of setup or a doublevote setup, but the consensus seems that it would be overpowered for a scum to have that kind of power.

16. Irdiumstern

Irdiumstern Squib

Yay, a reaction.

@Sloth: Who, other than fonti, is currently your top scum pick? Who do you think we should go for if Zennith flips town?

17. Zennith

High Score:

Hah. Okay, so why don't you go ahead and explain why I'm scum to you? You've gotten a reaction from me, so let's see yours, mmk?

18. Irdiumstern

Irdiumstern Squib

@Possum: You appear to be reading the thread. Won't you join us? Perhaps you could tell us who you find scummier out of blab and luckylee?

---------- Post automerged at 12:49 ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 ----------

@Zennith: Fonti pointed out that Sloth may have scum coached you. Your current overreaction to a bit of aggro suggests that she may have been on her mark. You have not given a single concrete scumread all game, other than calling me scum in response to me engaging you.

So after me, who's your second strongest scumread?
    What's your opinion on fonti's statements about you?

19. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I've been trying to figure out what exactly to post here as my introduction to this game. Unfortunately, this started while I was asleep and work's been bitching busy so I've been keeping up on the thread.

For now I have two seperate possible sucm teams.

A) Rubicon/Zeitgest/Citrus.
    Reasoning. Zeit basically defended Rubicon at the beginning, giving both some town credibility. Rubcion than slowly pulled himself out of the limelight and now we're focusing on others. I still think it was and Arrogant!Scum move to post that opener. Look at how well we've diverged from that topic. Citrus is a sleeper scum imo and is trying to remain unnoticed to last well into the game.

Scale of 1-10 likelihood: 6/10

B) Fonti/Titus/Zennith
    I'm utterly terrified of this particular team but it's more of a gut reaction simply because they keep dancing around each other and have had very few solid interactions. I'm less sure of this one by a whole 3 points. Again, this is gut reaction to what I've read so far.

Scale of 1-10 likelihood: 3/10

As of now I have no lynch target, but I will answer questions others might want to shoot me as I work, don't expect much more than this in an any responses until I get off in about 3 hours.

20. Zennith

High Score:
    Sigh. I called you scum because I think your posts read as scum to me. You still say nothing of significance, and if I was just targeting anyone who thought I might be scum, there'd be a long list before we got to you. You are my concrete scumread. Defend yourself, since you've been demanding I do the same.

After you, it IS probably Sloth. But Rubicon still makes me wonder due to his erratic play and what we americans refer to as Flip Floppery.

I say Sloth first because of post Ten.

I hate this sort of post, and I hate the mentality behind it. It's defensive and scummy. If you're confident in yourself and your own town-ness, why be scared to explain yourself under these circumstances? And really, we all know Rubicon's first post was just him baiting, and Sloth bit. Hard.