1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Brass & Tax Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Prophylaxis, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Citrus

Citrus First Year

If you were reading Riley, you would realize both of those lines were said by me. And no, I don't think you're a town watcher, it's just the order Ika quotes lines by me, and I didn't make it nice and neat because I was on my phone.

Why are you wasting time speculating about your role? Why don't you scumhunt?

---------- Post automerged at 09:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

Actually, Vote: Riley Poole

2. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I was confused by the grammar than I suppose. As for speculating on my role, I wasn't. I was speculating on my playstyle, try again.

Citrus, your pseudo-NO U vote warms my heart.

What exactly is your reasoning for your vote on me? I see none.

@Fonti: If you have the chance and the desire, can you look at Citrus's endgaming for Dresden and tell me if you see any similarities between then and now?

@Titus: What evidence are you using to justify a double vote on Zennith?

3. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Zennith,

Your jail thing lasts one day/night. It also began, for ika and Citrus, on D1? Is that correct?

4. Titus

Titus Squib

Now it comes time to explain more. I was given some gold and the ability to commute. That is precisely why I had to know if Zennith's ability worked during the day or night. Once I pushed Zeit and Zennith, I figured I was the kill target. I was trying to get scum to use their strogman on me. My paranoia is with Zennith's ability to bring people into his jail at all. He never was going to succeed if it targeted at night.

I also have a hard time about ika NOT throwing in a comment about having me in there if he knew Zennith could add someone. That behavior didn't seeem ikaish.

The fact I could commute is also the reason I didn't fullclaim. What good are commutes if the scum team knows about them? They probably have figured that out now, so I am claiming that. Each commute costs 1 gp per night. If anyone tried to send me gold, this is why it failed.

Unvote both votes

Zennith is still a scumread of mine, but I would like to see this through to avoid confbias. Can you try to jail me again?

---------- Post automerged at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

Riley, I already posted my evidence regarding his behavior.

5. Riley

6. Titus

Titus Squib

Riley, I don't hedge bets if I am certain I have scum. If I am looking for relationships, I will spread my votes and see who follows where. I think I need to look at the VCA in the alternative. Nothing determinative will come from it, as we don't know Zennith's alignment at all. Yet if we can force the scum to keep Zennith, they are forced to keep me as I have no problems whatsoever being in jail, which means town has additional power in voting.

7. Riley

How certain were/are you that Zennith is scum?

8. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Because I'm pretty sure you're scum. You made one real pots yesterday. In it you claimed Zeit/Rubicon were both scum. I think they are unaligned. I think you did the old "give 1 scummate in the scumteam" trick with Zeit as the scum. You are trying to take towncred for a pretty shitty post (albeit the only contributory one you made D1).

Today you've been screwing around talking about mechanics/roles. When I voted you, you then called it an OMGUS, when my only mention by you is in a potential scumteam you rated likely. I think calling that an OMGUS is a stretch, meaning you are discrediting me as opposed to considering what I said. Add to that the fact that my "OMGUS warmed your heart," yet where have you placed your vote? Nowhere.

I'm pretty happy with my vote on you right now, as I stated in the blurb in Ika's interview (which you keep trying to talk around as if you're suddenly a town watcher or something. wtf how talking around things uselessly like that helpful at all?)

---------- Post automerged at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

You made one real post yesterday*

No pots have been had in this game

9. Titus

Titus Squib

I was 80-95 percent certain. Yet, Zennith's play today doesn't seem beneficial for scum. There's no reason for scum to out the attempt on me and failing. They would logically keep that to themselves. They especially would not do it in a manner that drew out information they already knew. I could see Zennith and Zeit laboring under a ridiculous theory of me being third party and thus wanting me jailed to ensure their dominance if the town.

The jail ability remains suspect though as too op. Why can't we all just give gold to Zennith and h jails all of the town? Why wouldn't ika have mentioned the fact Zennith could jail in his note?

This raises way more questions than answers at the moment. I don't like not having answers. I need to hear from ika at this point.

I am more 60-75 percent that Zennith is scum.

10. Citrus

Citrus First Year

There is way too little activity from a lot of the players in here

11. Riley

I'm not town watcher. Never claimed it or sidestepped it. I faced the issue head on and asked someone to present me evidence. I misread the post and that's what happened there.

You're ignoring the fact that when I named you scum, you voted for me. I didn't do it once, but three or four times. Try again.

I've been "screwing around with mechanics/roles" because that's part of the game. I'm not ignoring people I'm trying to make an informed decision which I can only do by asking questions about things I don't understand.

You keep trying to tunnel me and it's getting annoying considering there's bigger fish to fry.

I also can't help but think in the back of my mind that you're just using this to bolster your post count and presence to counter act my comment on "sleeper scum" or whatever we want to call it.

I haven't placed a vote yet because I didn't have a solid scum pick. You're edging closer and closer based on the tenacity of your attacks, but if I place one now, it creates a real "No U" situation. :) Fun fun fun.

---------- Post automerged at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 PM ----------

All ^ was for Citrus as well as below

In fact, why am I the target of your "mechanics" mud-slinging when all that was done in the early Day (When I'm asleep) was talk about the Jail mechanic?

12. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:

For one - I can't jail more than one person a night. I can certainly protect a single target, sure, but I couldn't protect the whole town.

Ika wouldn't have mentioned it because both he and citrus did not want me to reveal any information about the jail mechanic at all. Read back to when I first did, and you'll see that they were not happy with me for doing so.

13. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Alright, so Zennith hasn't answered this yet and I need to sleep now. Sorry for not participating more, but I've been trying to get through the whole thread and it's a bit of a read.

So I'll put this out there in the hopes it will get clarified by the time I wake up.

Since, by my understanding, ika and Citrus were in the jail D1 and N1?

1) How, then, did ika send (or even expect to send) a message to Titus on N1? For that matter, what's the interview business and, if it doesn't relate to jail, how is it piercing Zennith's roleblock?

2) Why are ika and Citrus still, as of #244 and #245, communicating through the Jail chat?

Will finish going through the thread and post properly once I wake up. We have nearly two and a half days from Proph's clock, so that's hopefully good enough.

---------- Post automerged at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Hey, Zennith's here! Mind clarifying?

14. Maiden

Maiden Muggle

I'm a little mad at myself for not waiting longer to see when day would start. Unfortunately, I carried my happy tail off to bed a little early. Night also came without warning, so for now, I'm going to post my thoughts as of page 9 and back.

---------- Post automerged at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

What is your thought process? I've never played with you (or anyone here for that matter), but is this how you play? You seem to be gauging reactions with obvious scumhunting tactics, but if you were scum, then this would be an easy way to make yourself seem town. Why do you do this?

15. Zennith

High Score:
    Hey, sorry I missed that. Ika and Citrus seem to always be in the jail with me. They never leave, I didn't put them there, and they don't seem to be roleblocked in any way.

16. Maiden

Maiden Muggle

Why do you say this? I have my suspicions for both Sloth and Fonti. I feel like at least one of them is scum. So, in what way would lynching Zennith help give us information?

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

1. Talking about it doesn't mean you're making contributory posts. You're posting fluff

2. Quotes or it didn't happen - You've said it firmly twice

3. Fair

4. Keep trying to tunnel you? The only mentions of you I've made is during jail last night when I was rereading the thread, and then today when I voted you

5. Tempting not to ignore this because of how stupid it is, because you're basically saying if I talk more it's because you said I didn't. Come back to me after mentiong all the other lurkers, you're tunneling me because I'm focusing on you now

6. You think my focusing on you makes me scum? Give a better explanation please

Freebie 7. I also didn't like how you claim towncred for Zeit being scum, when one you weren't solid about it (7/10 chance on one grouping of 3 players look at me guys) and didn't vote him

18. Maiden

Maiden Muggle

I hate it, but I agree. It felt too bandwagon-ish for me. I have..inaccurate reads on Rubicon, to say the least, but he seems like he'd be an easy lynch for the scum.

---------- Post automerged at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

After reading all of the posts from day 1, I honestly have to say that I'm torn between Sloth, Fonti, and Zennith.
    Call me stupid, but I am also looking into anyone who accused Zeit (so far, Sloth and Fonti are on that list). Since Zeit turned out to be Town, then those who accused him might be scum. It's a slim lead, but it's something.

Rubicon's playing style is completely confusing to me, and difficult to analyze. It seems like obvious moves for a scum to make, which would initally make me think, "If he were a scum, he wouldn't be that stupid." At the same time, is that what he wants me to think? I geniunely can't tell, thus I need to wait and get more information.

As for Sloth...I can't seem to get past your bandwagoning on the first page. I honestly think that either Sloth or Fonti is scum. I don't know which one, (if not both), but one of you might be.

Fonti: I'm not familar with your playing style, so I don't know if you're honestly this defensive usually, but it's coming off wrong to me. Scumhunting is one thing, but the way you play makes me feel like you're trying too hard to appear as town.

That's all I've got for now. Going to read some more and post my thoughts as they come. They might be a little jumbled, but I'll try.

19. Zennith

High Score:

I don't know where to start with this.

Zeit was scum.

And there's been a lot happening on day two you should probably read.

20. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Maiden just townslipped hard.