1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Lost fanfics?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Sloth, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Sloth

Sloth Professor DLP Supporter

So I recently finished watching Lost with Ter, and now I'm interested in some good fanfics. Any recommendations out there?

I would really appreciate if romance was a nonexistent factor (or one that's very minor and aside) in any story proposed - the Kate/Jack/Sawyer crap drove me up the wall with how stupid it was. Never seen pairings more insipid and ridiculous since Angel/Buffy (hey-ooooh~)

No, but seriously, any gems out there? Thanks.

---------- Post automerged at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Oh, I actually started reading this one called Knowing Lost - basically a self-insert of two friends that after watching the last episode find themselves in the island just as Oceanic crashes, thereby becoming part of the plot of Lost.

It was really interesting and with promising writing, and the genre itself was always something I liked reading (along with Peggy Sue fanfics).

The problem is for the life of me, I can't find anything past the first chapter. It wasn't abandoned then because there's talks online of up to a chapter 8, but I can't find it anywhere. Anyone know about it?

2. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

3. Hachi

Hachi Death Eater

No.

/10char.

4. Sloth

Yes, but that page was deleted. It's nowhere else online?

5. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

6. Sloth

Huh. Thanks, Rubicon!

7. Makin

Makin Squib

Sorry about the necroing but for anyone finding this through google like I did, I feel the need to warn you that "Knowing Lost" was pretty good until it had the biggest drop in quality I've ever seen in any fanfiction until now. Not exaggerating. I'm honestly convinced the writer did it on purpose to kill his fanbase for whatever reason.

The hour or so it takes to get to The Pearl is worth it, don't bother reading the rest, trust me.

I haven't found any good Lost fics myself (for some reason the ratio of shipping/plot is practically infinite in everything I've found), but I hope someone who has sees this thread. It feels bad that the only fic that could be almost recommended turned to shit.