1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Beauxbatons Harry Challenge

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Andrela, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

As the thread title says, this is a challenge to write a story featuring Harry going to Beauxbatons instead of Hogwarts.

The other details are up to you.

Perhaps the Dursleys died and with the blood protections gone, Dumbledore moved Harry to France.

Perhaps the Potters escaped Britain during the first war and Harry was raised in France.

I have never seen a story featuring Harry going to that school and I have to see it.

Rules:

Harry must go to Beauxbatons for all 7 years or at least planning to, the story doesn't need to be that long.

2. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Not much of a challenge that. And if thats all you want: Thé à la grenouille by Moka-girl is on the review board. It isn't very good, but it takes place in Beauxbatons.

To up the difficulty: The pairing isn't Harry/Fleur. In fact Harry distrust her deeply because of her powers.

3. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Truth is, anyone could write a story set in Beauxbatons. It wouldn't be that hard to come up with some basic worldbuilding, the use a name generator to populate the staff roster. Not much of a challenge, that.

I challenge you to write a story, good sir :sherlock:

4. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

Xandrel? Actually writing a story?

The only person more incapable of actually writing a story is me.

5. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

my problem with such an expansive story that will likely take 500k+ words, is that with all the planning and coming up with new plots that aren't just the same canon stuff, is that the author is just better off coming up with a completely new fictional story. When only 5% of the content is HP stuff we recognize, you might as well ditch that last 5% as well.

6. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Does Harry still need to be the Boy Who Lived? I've got some vague ideas...

7. Lynn Skye

Lynn Skye Banned

That would be interesting, but I see some problems.

As he doesn't go to Hogwarts, the plot would have to be 100% new, you would have to create characters from scratch. Beauxbatons is not described in the books, you would have to imagine and create a castle from scratch.

You would also have to create an interesting storyline for the school years, maybe you have a dueling or transfiguration club, subjects in which Harry excels and is part of the clubs and competes with other schools.

Perhaps Harry would be rescued by the Delacours and raised by them.

Anyway it is interesting but it gives a LOT of work, a beginner writer would not be able to write the seven years and keep everything interesting for the reader. I can try to write something, anyway, I will try to write an outline here. Your idea interested me!