1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    What do you mean, Atum?

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Holy shit, Titus. Either I'm warming up to you, or that entire post made sense, or both.

btw I am now on post #450 of my read-through. I don't have as much time to play as I did yesterday, but I still think I get can out a comprehensive reads post before bed.

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Yeah my first game. Didnt really want to mention it during the game since i dont want to be treated like a first timer.

So i can only talk about my mafiaplay in reallife/videomafia, not forum.

4. Newcomb

@anyone -

The one thing that's pinging me about TMNT is if he's really scum, why is no one defending him?

Like, assume TMNT is confirmed scum.

Okay, what are they planning in scumchat? Surely they're not just giving up. When he came on yesterday and tried to defend, that didn't work at all, so what are they going to do? Push through someone else? I don't see that (yet.) Pop on and defend him? No one's doing that.

Well, Math is defending him with "derp town" but that can't be good enough to really move off him, not without gamesolving on his part.

It almost makes more sense that he actually is derp town and scum is just letting us spin our wheels because they know they can make it happen whenever they want...

Ah fuck I'm getting paranoid again.

No, stay the course - make TMNT clear himself. He needs to show he's trying to solve the game. End of story.

5. Titus

Titus Squib

Newcomb, generally with obvious scum, buddies don't defend them but vote elsewhere to start counterwagons.

Hence why we need to close off wagons.

6. Newcomb

Titus yeah that makes sense in a game with filps, but with no flips I'd think scum wouldn't feel the hesitation to defend buddies. I mean it's not like we'll ever (probably) find out if we're actually right about TMNT until the game is over, so if he's scum and scum defend, what are we going to pin them with?

---------- Post automerged at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

"what are we going to pin them with" = why would it be that big of a risk for them?

7. Titus

Titus Squib

We can figure out flips through some things. For instance, the vig can figure that out because if he doesn't shoot N3 he's either a corpse or one of the two lynches was right.

8. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

There's multiple ways to defend a person. One is what Titus doing to me, stick your neck out and be "guys this person is town back off"

They can also point out and put pressure on other people than their scumbuddy, initially read them scummy, maybe even put a vote on them, untill they have an excuse to jump on someone else.

In your situation since you kinda sorta bita like Titus atm, they could try to pressure her, create a wagon on her and hope that with time said wagon would pick up more speed than the TMNT wagon.

9. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    TMNT:

Post 60. First real post, goes down hill from there. Literally scum reading some of the most inconsequential shit. Bases a scum team off of literally two posts, notes where they were interacting then says they're distancing. No idea where his head is at through this.

Post 62.
    Bit of a backtrack from pegging a scum team.. 40 minutes later? The second he's questioned on it?

General posts.

Post 132. Worried about appearing to lurk an hour and a half into the game? With your first post no less? Signals me in all the worst ways.

Post 170. Complete reversal on MB with little explanation. Abstaining from pointless votes worth noting.

Post 540. Again being very certain to emphasize when he's availabale so people KNOW he's not lurking. Slightly more justified given the posting gap. Making sure he doesn't miss any questions is decent. Not asking any of his own is not.

Post 543 reads genuinely. A lot of the play style could easily be appropriated for newb scum (could be the overall point of the post, look at what I'm NOT doing guys) but it feels on the nose enough to cross out third party TMNT.

Post 551 bugs me. Tunneling isn't a conclusive read. Its poking with a stick till something falls loose. Mentioning Zen scumreading MB also reads oddly considering he did the exact same thing.

General posts. Deflecting.

Post 572 shows a lot of bias. Other issues brought up in 573.

General arguments with Titus on wording.

Post 603 is almost alright. Calling out meta is always fine. Talking down a gut read is not. (No they are not the same.)

Post 606. There's no such thing as a tunnel that changes nothing. At the very least it's got TMNT defending himself and MB to Titus. With that opinion in mind I'd also expect some aggressive questions for Zen from TMNT in the near future.

Post 692, vote on Titus, brings attention to wagon size/momentum.

Post 698. Vote count. No thoughts attached.

Post 703. Appeal to non-voters. Wagon swing attempt?

General posts. Downplays skill.

Huh. Titus might be onto something.

10. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Just his tone and general demeanor, along with how he's been phrasing things. It made sense to me that he posted like that, and I was interested in why you disagreed.

11. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

You still need substance to defend them with. Say we lynch me today, and TMNT tomorrow.

Lets assume one of us is town(me) and one of us is mafia(TMNT). Fonti(mafia)(sorry you're the one I remember off of the top of my head that wants to kill us both) pinged and wanted to go for both of us and Sai can confirm there not being two misslynches in a row. While buying the mafia another night to take actions.

Scum!Fonti can then say "well I killed a mafia".

This is entirely set up around where I am in the game though, and my reads may be wrong, but by starting a wagon elsewhere you can still buy your teammate a day, and give said teammate a chance to actually get some towny stuff out to be reconsidered day2.

12. Quiddity

High Score:
    TMNTurtwig

Read his posts, and I'm really not seeing a town perspective. Really wishy-washy opening, a bunch of non-posts or ones discussing inanities, and then a series of posts attacking Zenzao with little substance followed by a sudden OMGUS on Titus with nothing backing it beyond the immediate (despite holding Titus as one of his less suspicious in the early post) despite begging off voting Zenzao for a while before.

TMNT, who are your strongest scum suspects at this stage? Is it still Zenzao, Titus, and Mathblade? Would you be able to elaborate as to why you're on each of them? Do you think the Titus-Mathblade relationship is faked/coached, then, or are these all individual suspects?

I think of the three candidates, TMNT is the only one I'm willing to lynch at this stage. Maybe Titus at a stretch. I mean, I'd definitely rather Titus died than no one was lynched...although now that I think about that, I wonder if that's something I need to recalibrate for a no lynch game.

Would someone be able to explain the Pozzai case to me, btw? I don't think I have time to read all of that.

Not that we should be consolidating or limiting options yet. Just that I want to be ready when we do so.

13. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Vote: TMNTurtwig

14. Atum

Tell me a little about your approach to mafia then, as either alignment I guess. I can't recall if you're one of the ones that's already done that.

WOAH. TYPHON. WOAH.

Just realized you're the guy from Kalas' sig. Cool.

15. Koalas

High Score:
    Newcomb a third way is the Wait and See approach. If they get some good posts in and start changing people's minds, then the scummates can come in and give the ball a good push. If their teammate can't defend their self though, cut the hopeless cause and work the other angle. A full in-your-face defense isn't impossible but it's not most players first choice.

16. Atum

I'm not sure I need to ask, but Poz, why'd ya vote TMNT just now?

17. Koalas

High Score:
  18. Quiddity

High Score:
    Newcomb, it depends entirely on the player. Personally as scum I act pretty much as close as I can to town - so here I'd probably be yelling at him privately but pushing him publicly. If possible there'd be an out left there, for if he improves, but otherwise I'd be happy to sacrifice.

19. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

My vote on Fonti is going nowhere, TMNT has been my second scum since the beginning of the game, so I moved it.

I've kept my vote off of TMNT for a long time to see if he could rise to the occation, and I do not believe this is the case.

I also believe that in both the town!Fonti world and the scum!Fonti world, TMNT fits in both, see my explanation to Newcomb.

If Fonti is town and is really just this bad at reading me and vice versa, TMNT is still very likely scum.

20. Quiddity

High Score:
    How many votes is that? We have a few days left, so I'll jump off if we're hitting danger zone.