1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Um. Scumslip, then?

Q, then you at 2 minutes, then the remainder in equally parsed timing. Not necessarily all at once but within half an hour, maybe, if they weren't already voting. I need to go back and check the votal at the time on that note.

2. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

LOL Zenzao - That wasn't a scumslip and you know it. I just forgot the words protect against. The context is clear from the rest of the paragraph :p

Because a cop's information is not guaranteed and they have to be convincing. It isn't enough to hit the right players and get a confirmed guilty or a townie. Right now there are at most 4 guilties and then they must convince the rest of their thread of the person's guilt for which the scum would be ready for assuming the godfather role is alive. Regardless of how much Titus derps repeatedly she is confirmed, meaning that is information that is helpful to town. Unless they were 99.999999999% sure that Fonti was an extremely useful role it wouldn't make sense for them to shoot her over Titus. No one can seriously suggest Titus is scum anymore without a CC. This is a game of analysis regardless of mechanics. The longer Titus lives the less people have to try to figure out.

About the Atum thoughts, I would have to go back and reread them honestly. I didn't spend too much time on Atum since I was pretty confident of him being town towards the end of day. With 2000 posts I had my work cut out for me so I tried to focus on who I suspected to see if my read changed, especially with the Judge lynch, and how I should play this day out and where to go from here.

While I am perceived to be an "emotional" inconsistent, crazy player, for lack of a better phrase, most everything I do has reason and definition as I try to look for the little bits here and there. When people have brains that are used to perceiving and processing information in some ways and I am used to it in others, I will be called inconsistent at times. If that's all anyone has, I will take that and acknowledge that I struggle with presenting what I believe and why.

Titus made a reference to chess, and let me tell you something. I play poker. I know when I have certain cards and how to play them most times and based on what other people show I strategize and I plot based on how things go. And by the way...You can object all you want but the train is mine and we are taking care of Citrus scum like Fonti's wish and then after that I reanalyze and if I'm alive then I will go for my next scum target and I will have a much better feel about how things go.

You can try to reassert owership, you can follow, or you can get out of the way, but this train is only making stops to lynch scum. You can convince me or not, but Titus's word should be plenty enough with her being a town firm and all.

3. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Yeah because I'm definitely not using it as an argument to show Mathblade why her assumption on me being 3p is wrong, and pointing out if anything she should probably read me as town or on a scumteam.

4. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Zenzao -- I don't think it was a scumslip. I believe Pozzai is 3P still.
    Pozzai -- I don't know your meta at all. However, I find how you played that day very much like a 3P.

When Fonti called you out you tried flipping the script (rather well might I add) and you were softly trying to help people to put scum higher on their list so you could make sure scum existed longer, but at the same token you did what was right in the immediate space for town.

About your suggestion of what a 3P wouldn't stay silent is preposterous. Some people were saying you were town others scum. TMNT (if we take their word at face value which I do) said that they had very little time to do things. From a strategic stand point there was very little risk of you being judge lynched. Now a 3P would not open their mouth in that case which you didn't. It was better for you to end the day early though as it was a proscum act to try to limit the damage and not let TMNT get more information but still ultimately the right thing to no lynch.

Then again this is spoken purely from a strategy stand point rather than a meta standpoint. To Zenzao's point, everyone coming on super fast generally doesn't indicate everyone doing that group scum. I'd need to look at the timings myself, but there's a lot of factors into why a rapid fire vote happens and they need to be looked over.

You could, make life easier and claim 3P and we could leash you, but if you wish to be adamant you are not 3P then fine. People know where I stand and if you do not completely townside today, I can and will out where you crumbed your 3P ness. Which again shouldn't be a problem if you aren't 3P.

5. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

I'm perfectly fine with you outing 'my crumbs' I am not 3p, and you outing why you think so might actually give me a read on how you analysed the situation, so please, go ahead.

Qg and Rubic(whom I guess you're getting at) were both in my netural zone at the end of the day, the only one 'I asked' to be put higher up was Citrus and I gave my reasonings for that in the reply to Zenzao. (from my brief skim these are the people that has been mentioned, albeit not 100% sure you mentioned these exact 3 people)

With that being said, I'm out again untill tonight. Please leave my 3p crumbs.

6. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Ah yes, when person a does it, it is clearly a Scumslip and something to hound them on repeatedly for several hours of the Day. But when you do it it is clearly not. Mhm. Fair standard. /more butthurt

I'll agree on the Cop mechanics but why exactly are you finding it so impossible that the scum would have shot Fonti over Titus, especially given that the possibility for WiFoM in that very circumstance was discussed around the time she claimed Tsunade?

The Scumteam doesn't necessarily need to be brilliant. Shooting Fonti lastNight may have been a panic option if she were right on too many wave lengths.[/quote]

When you get a chance I'd appreciate you doing so. I believe Titus, Kalas, and Fonti all quote Atum's post in question directly a while back.

Yeah, and I'm typically accused of derping the hell out of a thread, at least through WH11. Facts are facts, ma'am. You appear to be applying logic in one instance that clashes with logic from another and then having the nerve to call it bullshit/out-of-place/misunderstanding.

I'm just saying, it feels hypocritical to follow a "do what I say, not what I do" approach.

And I feel like we're not only beating on a dead horse, we're treating it like a drum in an ACDC concert.

I watch poker from time to time. So. Bluffing and all that, fine. Still reads as scummy.

Fonti took over as Town Mayor after Titus was thrown out of office for misconduct. I don't recall seeing your popular election for the position. I smell nepotism in the political court.

But I wasn't objecting to a Citrus train(unless you've forgotten my opinion on the matter since Daystart?), it was more a jab at you calling yourself the leader.

Pft, like I've ever tried to assert ownership over any lynch aside from maybe yours. I believe that was Titus riding TMNT like a stallion yesterDay.

I'm a-okay with lynching Scum every step of the way.

7. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Post 1999: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showpost.php?p=831008&postcount=1999

When you say goodbye you say you are going poof. Based on a google search for Naruto and poof:

http://anime.stackexchange.com/questions/5375/how-can-naruto-characters-teleport-disappear

The only character who can do that is Tobi who is in that list. That post gave me a weird feeling so I spent a while googling trying to figure out why you'd talk in such flowery language when this specific site uses the word from a google search this looks like a crumb to me.

However instead of working with you, scum are knowing they have to kill as many people as they can and are voting you. That was the entire point of how Citrus opened the game. It's also IMHO why he said he was going to ignore me. Granted I have misread him before in games so much he made a joke about it yes, but in those games, he never said he would ignore me. He is intentionally doing scummy things to try to draw the lynch.

Again...You can either work with us or against us, but I believe scum know exactly who you are and I'm offering to save you. Take it or not it's up to you, as I'm willing to work with you. Sleep on it, and I'm pretty sure you will come to the rational choice here.

8. Pozzai

Pozzai Muggle

Yeah... So... I never watched, nor read anything about Naruto.....

---------- Post automerged at 13:13 ---------- Previous post was at 13:12 ----------

I joined the game to play with Fonti, Jan, Banks and Von. I got no clue about Naruto.

9. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    I have to interject here. Ninjas in the Naruto world appear to vanish, typically with a rush of smoke, with the Body Flicker Technique. The only ones with actual teleportation are Minato, who uses this via seals attached to specialized kunai, and Obito(see Tobi) who does so with his Sharingan, neither of which engages a 'poof' or puff of smoke. Minato's is borderline instantaneous. Tobi's is more of a gradual warp of space-time like a swirl of water going down a drain.

---------- Post automerged at 07:18 ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 ----------

And that correction is not a defense of Pozzai, merely informing you of an error from misunderstanding the source material(google is typically a poor substitute for a dedicated Wikia).

10. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Fine it is nepotism. I don't care as long as scum are lynched. Love me or hate me, we're going to either lynch scum or the 3P Pozzai. Outside of that block will not be lynched while I am alive and hopefully be respected after I die at some point. And since Titus was thrown out of the office for misconduct the position is now mine as a strong town read of both Fonti and Titus. If Titus ever claims I'm scum again I will shut the fuck up but until then I say who the potential candidates are. Outside of that pool will be met immediately with laughter, a snort of derision, and a rally to restore fear and/or sanity.

---------- Post automerged at 04:21 ---------- Previous post was at 04:18 ----------

Nabuto fans (sorry in advance) I don't care about the "truth" of it. I care about what came up in a google search. I believe Pozzai wanted to find a way to tell scum they were 3P and tried to find a subtle way to do it and that was it. There are some animes I like but they are so off the beaten path that no one here would probably recognize them and they are mostly female romantic lesbian comedies. The good ones are few and far between and usually only get one season and don't involve powers. I might watch Naruto, eventually but not before this game is over probably.

---------- Post automerged at 04:22 ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 ----------

That....is....very ....weak.....sauce. But glad you came to play :) You are fun to play with. :D You are still 3P though :p

---------- Post automerged at 04:31 ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 ----------

Furthermore it could still be truthful if you mean Naruto the role versus Naruto the TV show. I look out for little potentially true statements like that. Titus loves to use them as scum and so I end up trained for those now. :)

---------- Post automerged at 04:42 ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 ----------

Now if you don't mind, with scum's plans out in the open and a lynch train of scum that needs to move forward I am heading to sleep. It is beckoning. Good night :)

11. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Wut? Whatever you're thinking, it's wrong. Remember our batmafia convo, and my general stance on crumbing. Nothing is coming through here.

Also, is your read on me seriously based on my number of posts? Seriously?

---------- Post automerged at 07:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

I want to read more on Banks tomorrow. I have a bad feeling about his posts.

Equally, I dislike the substance of the Citrus case. I haven't had a chance to read it fully yet, but it looks like it's just based on that exchange (and as I've said, I don't find that opinion scummy, even though I disagree with it), and then has thrown everything ag the wall to see what sticks, rather than having proper reads behind it.

That being said, I'm bone tired and haven't followed the links to the posts in question, so can't judge right now. But from where I'm standing, I don't like the Citrus putsch.

12. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Fontisian why did you have to leave me, I feel like now it's me who's surrounded by idiots

---------- Post automerged at 08:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

I legitimately can't believe this is happening right now because this is so fucking stupid. Like I can't even understand how anyone who's read the game-thread believes a word of this case. It's literally pulling out any line in the entire thread that even MARGINALLY looks bad, half the time by pulling things OUT OF CONTEXT. Like literally :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm with a side dish of :facepalm:facepalm:facepalm

This post is gonna be huge, so I'm going to be using the color red and typing within the posts FYI. All red typing is me

One shit-wall down

1. I posted my reasoning for going with my plan on the slugs. This doesn't pull any claims into the open prematurely because we're still discussing whether this is a good idea or not
    2. More discussion, this doesn't actually pull any claims into the open again
    3. Me still arguing why that plan is a good idea

On the bright side, at least for once I can see the non-genuine switch in trying to mislynch me, as you've been slowly but slyly been moving me from town to scum all game

Unvote

Vote: Zenzao

This is now a very strong scum-read.

At this point I would like the following players to state their opinion of me:

Typhon, Snowvon, Jan, Pozzai

---------- Post automerged at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

Did you read Mathblade's post in its entirety? Because she linked some quotes to hide that they weren't even relevant.

What exactly about that post makes you believe I'm scum?

---------- Post automerged at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

This is spoiler'd because it feels really fucking stupid to stoop to Mathblade's level and slather Fontisian's name all over for pathos, but here's her ACTUAL stance on me

Oh hey look, she followed me onto TMNT AND gave me a gold star

Referring to the opening posts between us. Which Mathblade twisted to become "guys she thinks I'm scum"

Oh hey, look at that, I'm fucking town

"I'VE BEEN TOWNREADING CITRUS"

This is speaking directly to me.

Oh hey check it out, I'm a stronger townread than you Mathblade

Literally shows she was reaction testing me with that quote from the BEGINNNG OF THE GAME and that she TOWNREAD ME

Sorry Mathblade, you're not in the fucking town-block of awesomeness. Oh and FYI all, neither is Titus. Not because she can't conf!town herself, but because she makes stupid decisions like ending D1 early

13. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Will weigh in on this and check for accuracy later.

Be a gent and pull your posts and the relevant responses in order for that, please.

OMGUS.

Really, I've been shifting my read on you according to the state of the game. My first full wall has you on the Null Team. You remained on the Null Team in my 1865 with a move toward the scummy side of things via association toward Scummy!Fonti at that point. Removing Fonti, Math, and Titus from that wall leaves my next-nearest group of players as Scum, and you fit the bill in conjunction with the way you behaved around TMNT's Danzo claim and the No Lynch posts.

And while we're at it, who's your Scumteam, then? You ever throw a wall up? Responses to Rubicon?

14. Citrus

Citrus First Year

It's not omgus if I'm town

---------- Post automerged at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

Pretty sure I pulled those posts in order, my bad if not. My point were they were all at the discussion stage and didn't cause any roles to be shown open, it was just trying to figure out if a plan was a good idea (I still think it is)

15. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Scratch the wall question, going over your posts now and just found it.

---------- Post automerged at 10:52 ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 ----------

First off, why just TMNT? You know the soup mechanic better than that, you were one in Bat2. Why not include Titus with TMNT here?

Secondly, how could you miss
    highlighted? Just how many people in this game are apparently blind to the OP?

Duly noted. Rubicon, in all likelihood, would have lived into at least D2 were it not for Judge!lynch, given the overall opinion around that point.

You have convincing arguments built up for a case against Rubicon, then? Please post and/or point out prior posts building to such.

Applies to scum as equally well as town. Bitching them out for allowing the Judge to come into play instead of pushing forward with the easy myslynch of TMNT, given he was the choicest cut on the table most of D1 prior to claiming.

This right here is why I hate Wine. Q and Pozzai are right after Citrus, while Atum is strong town and only Waco is near CQP in my reads.

Also, everything from 2128 to 2140 bears another examination on Citrus/Q interaction. I feel that the merit of the Judge!lynch is better to have go through than not, because its still a lynch directed on our terms and not the Scum simply getting a free pass. And I also note that, typically speaking from the games I've played before WH11, the D1 lynch is pretty much a crapshoot anyway.

16. Titus

Titus Squib

Yes it is.

---------- Post automerged at 08:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 AM ----------

I don't think Pozzi is 3p, Math.

17. Citrus

Citrus First Year

D1 lynches do tend to be a crapshoot. I was worried TMNT hadn't been super keeping up with the thread and was going to YOLO a bit with who he picked, and I was scared we could lose an important town role without knowing it (bad on two counts)

---------- Post automerged at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

No it's not, if I'm setup for an easy lynch and someone swoops in for easy pickings, it's not OMGUS to call them out for it.

I'd be more suspicious of Newcomb's total flip but I can see him not reading Mathblade's post fully and just being convinced by the emotional appeals/taking everything Mathblade said as factual even when she stretched things or blatantly lied

18. Titus

Titus Squib

Except Math didn't stretch anything or lie. If she did, why didn't you vote her? You instead vote Z and he has the simpler case, that you were role fishing. That combined with the Z case is enough for me to vote you, ignoring what the princess says.

Why is Typhon scum? He is pretty obviously town to me and that's one of the things Fonti and I agreed on.

Oh and Fonti is not conftown. She could have been Tobi.

19. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Because I still think she's town. I don't think she'd be this aggressive as scum.

She did stretch/lie, go ahead and read my response to her.

Ex: places a link saying Fontisian called me scum. The link goes to a post of me saying things, including with me making a joke about Fontisian beginning to doubt my alignment. That is not at all her scum-reading me. She then makes that the base of an argument as to Fontisian scum-reading me all day and me killing her to silence her. That's stretching the truth at absolute best, but pretty much explicity lying (underlined is the explicit issue)

---------- Post automerged at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

Fontisian would have played D1 way quieter and not served the scum-team up on a platter if she were Tobi

20. Titus

Titus Squib

So Math is right for the wrong reasons at worst. Why are you wanting to try to fit Rubicon as the souper and get me to out the claim of the person I have slugged?