1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Hm. I need to doublecheck with Eido, but I'm pretty sure a Judge lynch doesn't actually count as a lynch when it comes to the Vigilante. So not everyone gets their info with this plan.

---------- Post automerged at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:15 ----------

It also tells the Witches for sure whether or not the Judge is alive and helps them narrow down worlds.

Forgot to add that.

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Hmm .. i only went by the wording :

Judge: At the end of day, if the Lynch vote is tied or no lynch, you may pick a player to lynch

Vigilante: The first Night after two consecutive lynches of Town members, you may kill a player. A Vigilante kill appears the same as a regular Witch Night Kill.

According to the wording, a judgekill still is a lynch. If we hit a town it should always count for the vigi.

But yeah lets ask Eido, in case I am wrong!

---------- Post automerged at 04:18 ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 ----------

WTF Von.

It is day 1 .. of course the judge is alive.

This is only a day 1 play.

Or valid for day 2 if for some reason the witches didnt kill anyone n1 (saves or whatever).

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Oh, you're talking about only doing this Day 1.

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Jan, I did not see that. So, nice catch. I do see one problem with it, however...

What if we run up the Judge? I mean, Judge is not going to hit themselves, right? They'd have to claim. Claiming is bad.

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

It does complicate our lynching process for end of day 1, but if we hit a witch we reduce their information gain by a lot.

And we do not actually lose anything, as long as the vigi thing still works out.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

The Tinyhunt rules on FS state that Judge kill doesn't count towards Vigilante so it's kind of ??? whether or not that was a quirk added over there or if it should have been part of the rules.

We'll see!

7. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Which is why we pick someone as a group that we want to lynch, and then say Judge if you're damn sure someone else should be lynched lynch them but we're blaming you if you mess things up.

Boom goes the WIFOM, plus the lynch target can appeal to the judge without claiming if they want. Ex: bucket claim and then if the Judge /really/ thinks they're town just lynch someone else (preferably there's a second player there's general willingness on to lynch them). But that said, we should still use real votes until near day-end, because even if someone quickhammers or something they're held accountable because D1

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I guess that sounds reasonable.

I guess Jan isn't a Witch.

Maybe.

---------- Post automerged at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 22:24 ----------

By the way, Citrus, you should Lump me.

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Judge is one of the roles who would always claim before dying anyway day1.

Because if the judge can choose between dying there or giving us the chance to hit a witch, that is always what he will do.

And a witch cant fakeclaim judge day 1, because we will nolynch and the judge kills the fakeclaim.

A claimed judge is kinda bad, but witches then have to decide killing him n1 or trying to hit the priest. Or they try to soup them, which only works if they have good pr reads already. (Soup is always instead of the nightkill for witches)

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Hey.

Hey, Jan.

Lump me.

You know you want to.

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Yes Citrus, we should play this out as a normal day 1. Just end it a bit earlier so we can sort through the end of day with a bit more patience, we might need it.

12. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Newcomb you had two paragraphs in otherwise large posts touching on him. I was hoping for something a little more in depth.

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I am fine with Citrus for now - he is still sparkling a bit greener than you are.

Also - with great power comes great responsibility, and I am not sure if you can handle it!

Citrus you can take away the lump from me if you want btw. i won't get towns lumps anyway, while you have a real chance.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

You're already voting with me. Might as well Lump me while you're at it.

Plus, Citrus is a nerd.

15. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I am pretty sure it should count for the vigi, but i did ask eido just to be sure.

16. Newcomb

Jan: Okay, that makes sense. I'm on board!

Kalas: Like, no? Everything I think about him, pretty much, is in those posts. I'm not going to do a huge case on why he's a big townread. I work by PoE - establish town reads, then focus on the remainder. If you think he's scum, make a case and I'll listen to it, but I don't think he is, so my efforts are better focused elsewhere.

17. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Jan's plan seems solid as long as we get the counter. If we don't it's not worth it. Town info > denying scum info.

Snow you dropped all interest in me once this Nae'blis thing came up. Why?

18. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Reeking of desperation does not suit you.

Also - I like nerds!

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

There's more interest in a Nae wagon than a Kalas wagon.

I'll get back to killing you shortly. <3

20. Newcomb

Add on to Jan - assuming the Vigi thing works out. I'm... kinda on board even if Judge doesn't count for Vigi, I think? Because "witch loses Last Gasp if we get one" I think outweighs the possibility that a) we mislynch twice, and b) Vigi is alive to shoot? But, assuming Judge kill counts for Vigi, then yeah, all good.