1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #5

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Nae

Nae The Violent

/me facepalms

Yeah, that mostly alluded to the fact that I'm a town player than anything else. But sure, w/e floats your boat.

You guys can go ahead and look at how the voting against me started, look at my questions (which have been answered poorly) and make up your own damn minds.
    Cobalt: Thanks for trying bruh. I'm off to sleep. o/

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Nae'blis: Would you describe your current mindset with "What do you want from me?"

---------- Post automerged at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Eh, you've said as much already.

3. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Lol, that was kind of all I went on. I thought it was a soft claim of a SIGNIFICANT power role and then Nae said he didn't claim anything. Lynch him then. I'm at work. @ me if you need me for majority.

4. Nae

Nae The Violent

I'll be laughing tomorrow. :p

5. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Snowvon, Fontisian, Citrus, Taure, Riley, Newcomb and Kalas currently voting Naeblis, as far as I can tell. That's 7 - a soft lynch.

6. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

That coupled with my gut saying this wagon is not a good thing had me act. I thought Nae was on my wavelength but apparently he has no idea what I meant and/or didn't pay attention to my posts in which case bye.

7. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    o_O This seems dramtically contrary to your earlier positions. You lectured me significantly about not voting on personal factors or self-interest, about how you should vote solely on belief about town/witch affiliation. And now you're okay with Naeblis being lynched because a) he doesn't think like you and/or b) he didn't pay you enough attention.

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Cobalt:
    I don't really mind lynching Sesc, I just have people that i think are scummier.

I gave my reason for disliking Typhon earlier.

I told you why I do not really like fonti, but i am unsure about her. Willing to kill her if my townreads have no reasons to keep her alive.
    Citrus wants her dead, Von has a gutread that he said is not really valid anymore.
    Newcomb has a slight townread, which is a bit of meta, that he himself says is not valid and other than that "ishe is a strong player". Which is mute considering that this game has several of those and i do not think we will give all of them a day 1 pass for nothing.

Nae'blis is not towny at all this game. He is mainly nothing. I do think that Fonti/Nae'blis are unlikely w/w, and most likely v/w - which means if i am wrong on her, he is a really good kill.

I had Riley at the bottom as well, mostly for being gone way longer than he said he would be, i think. His first post was kinda neat, but could be premade-ish just to look carefree.
    His second post towards me went in the same direction, which made it feel more genuine. Thus putting him in the middle of the pack instead the bottom.

If we do not lynch within those 3, then i am willing to lynch sesc.
    Or if someone makes a good case to change my mind (but that does count for everyone, not just him)

9. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Well Jan, I'll tell you that I've been mulling it over. We could always lynch Sesc today and then just lynch Nae tomorrow if we're wrong about it. Plus, it's also a decent sized wagon. I'll join if it means ending day so we actually get a result.

Unvote Naeblisk
    Vote Sesc

---------- Post automerged at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Not a long argument, but a succint one I think.

10. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

So the thread had a brief vacation in retard land. At least it recovered.

Just to repeat that, this was the state of the game:

Nae'blis (5): Snowvon, Fontisian, Citrus, Taure, Riley
    Jan (2):Typhon, Newcomb
    Fontisian (1): Nae'blis
    Snowvon (1): Waco
    Sesc (1): Cobalt
    Typhon (1): Jan

I had zero votes. Cobalt doesn't want to lynch Nae'blis, says there is no other wagon than fontisian, so she wants to lynch me. That reasoning is factually untrue, and there's more than enough time to lynch just about anyone -- obviously, since she just started my wagon. I have no idea what her and fontisian's problem is, but it's effectively making both useless this game.

Citrus: Thanks.

So these are my impressions right now. More Town -> Less Town.

Citrus/Jan are probably the most useful players in this thread. I consider that pro-town. Ditto for Kalas, so those are my most towny impressions. Taure is more or less neutral, since it's impossible to read his early posts, and afterwards he basically did nothing wrong. Newcomb is there, but didn't stick out to me much, the Irene thing aside. I dunno that I like the way he picked up lump votes, and I dunno that I want him to have it, but that's nothing concrete.

Irene was pretty neutral too, Typhon slipped. I still would like that "then she rolled Town" thing explained, and I'm not hot on the plan either. Nae'blis is lurking, but at least defending himself somewhat. Snowvon is too passive and unmotivated in her reads, and Waco and Riley are Lurking & Lurking Harder.

Cobalt and fontisian get a special category for being so bad they can't possibly be witches, which of course means they just might be. I have no idea what to make of them. Which means I want to lynch them, because I don't like what I can't understand.

My first lynch target would probably be Waco, since Riley at least had an excuse. I have no idea how anyone can read him (Waco) Town-ish. He has done what exactly this game so far? Even his vote is still the very first spam vote.

Therefore,

Vote The Waco Kid

In case there's a vote needed for Nae'blis I'll switch, but I think there are enough?

11. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I could see this being true, but it's one of those cases where 80% of the evidence is pointing towards the guy, and while I may feel bad about one voice feeling a little squirmish about how it all plays out, I'll feel a lot more bad ignoring the other 9 voices yelling lynch the witch

---------- Post automerged at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

I have yet to see you respond to this Fontisian

---------- Post automerged at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Also why do this?

12. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Okay, I'm having to drive to and from the appointment, so I'm not having the time I expected. Still, I have a bit of time in the office and I'll eat afterwards, so let's do this.

Like I said, the first bit is simply addressing the optimal state of the plan. We're past the point of new lump nominations being a thing in my opinion. Newcomb ran the plan out, he's my vote lump. Ideally for me, he's a minor town role. He obviously shouldn't claim that, but that's what I hope for.

There is the ideal plan, and there is what we have. What we have is a plan that I endorse, and a lump that I like because I think I have a bead on him and because he is fairly divisive. What is ideal doesn't really play into changing votes, Taure and I were essentially just theory-crafting a bit at that point. So yeah, I see what you're saying, but think it is beside the point.

As for the later bits, it was what they're calling a Garcia, of sorts. Irene went hard on Newcomb, he's my top town read. I decided to go with my read to avoid pushing a state of affairs that I didn't believe in. Town would be utterly incompetent if there weren't some questions about that. I preempted them. It had at least part of the desired effect, since it mellowed Newcomb from my slot needing to be instalynched to where he was at last check.

And as much as I'm tempted to let fonti speak for me and dance around that last bit, though, that is actually a mistake. You're right, of course, in that what I have written is wrong. Irene had already rolled town when she wrote that in the QT, because the QT is for her town role. That wasn't the point, though. The point was that things occurred exactly as she predicted they would - that she would see her scum game in Newcomb if he rolled scum, and went on to outline it. Then what she outlined happened. Then she went in on him hard.

And that's it. Unless something new about that explanation comes up, I'm done wasting time reiterating it. Gonna catch up now.

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Hrmmmm. Is it bad to say I feel uncomfortable about all the votes piling off Nae'blis when he 'softed' something important, and then I also feel uncomfortable about all those votes (some of the same people) piling back on when he takes it back?

Does our town not have a backbone? Are the witches fickle as evil can be? What a mysteryh.

14. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Hate how this Naeblis thing is shaking out. All of this flooding back and forth makes me uncomfortable.

Jan is misrepresenting posts and plans in a way that is pinging me more, but I'm not getting that lynch today, looks like. Ugh. Sesc is on my case, but I think he's town.

Yeah, I like none of the lynch targets here.

15. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Who would you like then?

List like 5 players in order of most to least

---------- Post automerged at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Tick tock, four on the clock

16. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Citrus: re Von, you're wrong.

Re Nae'blis, the way he rescinded was scummy and he said the equivalent of "What do you want from me," a fairly accurate scumtell.

17. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fonti. I really don't want to throw a lump vote on Snow. Realllllllly don't.. would the info be worth it?

18. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I'm in and out but will definitely be here at deadline.

Cliff notes: we're killing Nae because he said "I'd rather other people died than me" or words to that effect, and fonti has a point - "what do you want from me" or variations thereof are Mafia Words (tm).

19. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Riley, your lurking is terrible and you're at least a page behind. Or why did you switch from Nae'blis after this meltdown? Start playing the game or request a replacement, ffs.

Unvote

Vote Nae'blis

That's soft-lynch again (Snowvon, Citrus, fontisian, Kalas, Taure, Newcomb, Sesc).

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Explain. You lumped Snowvon, you voted Snowvon; I said why; you said so he gets priest-checked; I asked why do you think that's necessary/a good thing because A) scum might kill him too if he's town and B) shouldn't you be able to read him so isn't that a waste for me to check him; you replied with this

---------- Post automerged at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

He had IRL issues and only just started posting in the thread (just clearing things up)