1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

So, I can't be the only person playing this. Is anyone else as blown away as I am? I can't believe I'm enjoying this game so much. The gameplay and the graphics are just a delight once you fix settings like 'shaky cam' and the reverse vertical mouse setting. It's currently sitting at Rank 2 for my GotY list.

FOB missions are just icing. Sneaking onto other players bases and stealing their shit. So good. I've called my PF 'Ultra Rogue' It's symbol is a Pegasus. ;) come at me bros.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've still not played GZ, which I def will eventually given I got it for free on PS Plus.

It's basically a game - mechanic-wise - made for me, I just fucking wish it wasn't a MG game...

Snake eater and peacewalker just proved to me I don't care about BB. Probably prequalitus.

Everything I'm hearing
    including the Quiet fanservice (and the bitching about it)
    sounds phenomenal. I'm hoping this game acts as a resume for publishers (except MS) to throw money at him for his next game.

Imagine Kojima and Rockstar teaming up to form Rockstar Japan, or something...

3. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So, Metal Gear is my favorite video game series, and TPP so far has been amazing on so many levels, I'm sort of stuck on Mission 12 [HELLBOUND] atm, but hopefully I'll break through it tonight or tomorrow.

This is the first game I've ever played that I'll happily call a 10/10 without qualifiers.

My only complaint so far is the
    Quiet stuff, which I think is super gross, and frustrating too because she honestly is very cool.

EDIT: Emblem added

EDIT 2: Ok, going to upload a less artifacted, and more up to date picture :p

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  4. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

It's amazing so far. I'm loving it.

There are some hilarious moments in it as well, like this video someone posted: Link

Apparently the dialogue goes on if you keep doing it to the same person. I'm going to try and see if I can duplicate it later.

Personally, I actually like Quiet. She's way too good. Once you equip the Guilty Butterfly, you can screw up a lot more and still come out of it very well. Part of the hoopla about her is simply the fact that in order to get all the achievements, you have to complete her mission and thus lose her permanently. You can't even use her to replay old missions to get the S ranking, she's just gone.

Serious lol at what they had Quiet do in the helicopter at the higher bond ratings though, she pretty much just shoves her boobs and ass in your face. They had to have known what reaction that would have caused. Link

5. Gengar

High Score:
    Of course they knew.

6. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Come on guys, this is the series where an important plot point was literally the female lead's ass.

7. Jon

Tbh I barely look at quiet most of the time. She got a few glances at first but after that it was all business. I think most people who have issues with quiet have other issues they probably should acknowledge first, lol. She's barely ever there with you except for when she's in the helicopter and if you're sitting around in the helicopter you should be looking at your iDroid, not her.

Quite frankly, it's hilarious to see her doing shit through the hologram. You realize after a while she's doing it to fuck with you. At one point she flat up gets up and stares at you through your iDroid projection.

8. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What I mean specifically is the character design, and the justification for it, that's my only issue, and it's totally par for the course when it comes to the series. It's Kojima being skeezy in a way that he always has been and probably always will be.

It's not a big deal to me, it's my ONLY complaint so far with the game though, and that in and of itself is very telling.

9. Gengar

High Score:
    My fav was being able to jiggle Rose's tits while on comms with her in 4.

I'm roughly 60% sure Kojima's just trolling with the Quiet stuff, especially when coupled with his comments. I can practically feel his grin as Quiet shakes her brilliant ass at you.

It's only sixty because, well, 'Kojima'.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  10. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm still early in the game due to time constraints and the open world distracting me from the main story, but I've liked what I've seen so far. Especially the little improvements to the gameplay they showed off in Ground Zeroes.

I keep changing my emblem. Currently it's just a version of the old MSF logo, but I want to make a bona fide Outer Heaven logo at some point.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  11. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

12. Gengar

High Score:
    DLC?

/10char

13. Lamora

Lamora Definitely Not Batman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I am shocked to find all this hate for Quiet. How dare you besmirch the name of Our Lady of Perpetual Overwatch?

14. Gengar

High Score:
    I think they're more upset with things like the shower scene, and the like, lol.

Still, no one said anything about Raiden, who Kojima probably literally copied from ba Shonen-Ai manga.

15. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Quiet is the best. Give her Guilty Butterfly and then casually stroll through enemy bases while she tranqs everyone for you.

16. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

Currently stuck at trying to take out the 3 tanks. They've refused to stop for anything and move too fast for me to accurately lay a good c4 trap.

I don't want to use anything other than stealth to beat missions but it seems I'll have to go loud for this one. damn.

Great game though, makes not killing enemies satisfying.

17. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

For mission 8, go directly to the abandoned house between outpost 6 and 7. That directly triggers the tank convoy. You can either block the road with your own tank, D-Horse, or my personal favorite, place a EMN-Mine. Then proceed to start fulton all of them.

It's virtually the same concept in mission 9 as well. Just stay in the north landing zone and use a tank to block the road. All the vehicles pass through that section so you should be able to fulton each and every vehicle without being seen. 5 vehicles plus perfect stealth is enough for S-Rank.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  18. Jon

If all else fails throw a body onto the middle of the road, asleep or dead. They seem to not like running over people.

19. Quick Ben

Quick Ben In ur docs, stealin ur werds.

Thanks Z that was the problem..I didn't land in the right area giving the tanks too much headstart(can't futon cars yet :()

They usually wake them up with the horn but I'll try a stunned body(still haven't killed anyone other than guys in tank in mission 8)

20. Jon

If you have access to deployable decoys, they work as well.