1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mini Mafia #6

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Citrus, Dec 12, 2015.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I think my previous stuff had too many town. Jan's more town now for that point, Kai /feels/ town and I liked tn start, though a lot of the logic needs to be expanded on. Which means I'm wrong somewhere. Maybe on Lochness?

Mah.

2. tn5421

tn5421 Squib

I don't, as a rule, like naked votes. Would you mind pointing me to a post that justifies this vote?

Delphine: Thanks for the links. I have read up to post 250 so far in the game

I'm not a staunch believer in 3p hunting = scum 100% of the time. Town eventually have to find and kill any 3rd party that isn't survivor. I do agree that scum are likely to do it earlier than town are.

Newcomb: I'm not seeing how Rubicon is obviously mafia, but then again I haven't read the entire game yet, can you point to a couple of posts in particular? I kind of like #748 a little but don't necessarily agree with your conclusion, or that scum would pile on at the end of a wagon. In my experience scum is usually in the 2-5 slots to establish a wagon as 'serious' and then town piles on. I agree with #749 that this isn't useful without how it ties in to the player's reasoning for their votes.

It's also a little too early for VCA to be anything more than mysticism. We need more flips, most vitally a scum flip, for VCA to actually become effective.

~~~~

That's literally not what he said/implied/was speaking about at all.

Welcome to my scumpile.

~~~~

It helps if you quote the right portion of the post. I have bolded the relevant parts for you, so you won't miss them or misunderstand again.

~~~~

Too early for it to work well, so no thanks.

~~~~

Got a slight townread on dLGN from #775

~~~~

Then don't let it go. Someone being obtuse? Be MORE obtuse and poke them until they're FORCED to consider you. FMPOV ignoring someone when they ask you something more than once, and you've posted since then without responding to it, is a particularly scummy thing to do.

3. fontisian

1. It's an Eido setup with 12 players. The odds of a third party are low.
    2. I voted dLGN for a variety of reasons that have already been explained.
    3. Why exactly do you think Newcomb is scum?

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

What the fuck is this?

---------- Post automerged at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Like seriously, that's your first interaction with me and you take a shot like that?

5. tn5421

tn5421 Squib

A large amount of his reasoning is disingenuous, and a front to clear his scumbuddies.

Newcomb knows exactly what he can do to get me townreading him, now it's just a matter of if he will do it or not.

---------- Post automerged at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

I have a couple of non-game related questions.

One: How do I stop 'quote' notifications?
    Two: Why does chrome occasionally tell me that DLP is trying to load 'unsafe' scripts in https mode?
    Three: What is the relevance of a Yellow vote as opposed to a Red vote?

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I just read the first post of the game when you asked that and i realized one thing :

"Please vote in red, bold, on a new line. Votes MUST BE ON A NEW LINE TO COUNT. That said, I will try to count all votes via the spirit (ex: if you didn't bold it it'll still count), but sticking to this rule makes it a LOT easier for me to track votes accurately. No fake-voting."

That being said delphines vote looks worst in your quotes newcomb, because it doesnt count!

Also Rubicons vote might be counted as not counting, but it was with the spirit of the game, and it is too late to argue now anyway.

7. Newcomb

So, just to clear this up, you're heavily scumreading me, and you're also saying if I do /things/ you'll townread me.

Okay.

Yeah, those totally sound like thoughts that could exist in the same brain of someone who was town.

8. tn5421

tn5421 Squib

So yellow vote = Intent to vote, rather than an actual vote?

---------- Post automerged at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

So is that why you can't use your reasoning skills to justify your scumreads?

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

It counted as vote. Why Rubicon changed the color? Noone knows, maybe he didnt read the rules.

In other game it was fine to just pick a random clearly visibile color to vote (yellow would count as one of those), this game clearly states red and everyone else did vote in red.

10. Newcomb

Is what why?

11. tn5421

tn5421 Squib

That, as in your last post when I posted, #787. Particularly about your shitty reason to not include reasons/evidence in your VCA.
    Also you overestimate the weight of my scumread on you, but that's a different issue.

12. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I asked him about this near day2 start and he said that was his usual voting colour, and I believe one person (newcomb?) backed him up on that.

When it happened along with newcomb quoting it claiming he was so mafia or something iirc it I thought we were getting openly trolled by a mafia with a fake vote.

---------- Post automerged at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 18:59 ----------

fonti has defused my pushes on newcomb twice now. tbh I wanted to push more on her than newcomb. I don't know what to think of her defense of him and push elsewhere, it's weird.

like, ok, it's a claimed reaction test. i mean.. my alignment hasn't changed from when you thought I was towny bordering on designing my game to fool you. you've gotten my pov in a ton of overly long posts. was my reaction just now really that good? i don't think it was anything special.

but what it looked like was pushing on town proph, scumreading town snowvon (I thought snowvon was mafia, too, so I can't fault you there), and then beginning to push on me (town dlgn), which is getting to the point where it's hard to think you (fonti) are still town.

now I kind of have my push onto newcomb defused, don't really have a foot to stand on to transition some pressure toward fonti to test that read... and I still think delphine is town but... what the fuck is the scumteam? the others are pushing on each other or not at all...

13. Newcomb

Still not getting it. There's nothing in 787 about my VCA, so, /shrug.

Talk to me once you've read the entire thread. If still think my case on Rubicon is solely because of VCA after that, we can talk again.

Right now the first impression you're making is that you're being condescending toward me for literally no reason, so I can only assume that you're "reaction testing" or something of that nature.

Since I have no interest in getting hella tilted again, I won't be engaging further with you until/unless I see you start talking about the game in a way that's less confrontational/shitty. Bye for now!

14. tn5421

tn5421 Squib

You're still refusing to add legitimate reasons for reading the way you do to your VCA, something that any town would have done their best to do without prompting.

I appreciate you confirming that you have no interest in performing town-related actions.

Vote: Newcomb

15. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    shit just got interesting XD

---------- Post automerged at 19:16 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

this is the line I have the most issue with btw. you are doubling down on how sure / obvious it is and yet can't substantiate that or differentiate it from shitgoblin kaidash. and throwing out a 'well, ok, kai could be maf and then rubicon could be town' doesn't help me at all evaluate whether I should join you in pressuring/voting rubicon or evaluate your alignment at all. it's caving and flipping your reads for little to no reason other than to placate me.

how am I supposed to conclude you are not mafia just pushing for a lynch between two towns that you can't actually call scum for any particular reason??

16. fontisian

I don't know. The gap really sucked, because I just stopped thinking about the game, and came back feeling blank. What I do see if Rubicon being caught in a lie, and I'm going to lynch him for it.

17. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    gotcha fonti is scum fonti in my experience. this didn't end well the first time when we all decided proph was outed mafia and ceased productive conversation. =/

i agree that it is a nice catch and am a little embarrassed I didn't notice it myself since I found his yellow vote post so fucking weird, but yeah. I don't know who the hell to put him with if he's scum, nor who it could be if he's not, and both of those are problematic.

18. fontisian

[​IMG]

19. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    holy shit that is one high resolution chainsaw

20. fontisian

Then he'll defend himself, and we'll see.

The Proph lynch was not a cessation of discussion, and you'll note that I fought against people shutting down.

I believe you are town and I believe Newcomb is town. These are my strongest reads and I would appreciate it if you would stop going for each other.