1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stardew Valley Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I took a 24hr break from mafia because I was getting too wound up in this game. So you won't get the rest of my dLGN case today, but I will make sure to do it over the night so it's ready next morning.

He's the biggest fish because he's the scum that is getting a free pass by Cobalt, my biggest town read, and a ton of players have refused to engage in discussion about him (going back a looong way).

I think both him and Math are basically definite scum at this point. I don't understand what you mean by hero shot?

What on earth does this mean? Math isn't big fish, dLGN is.

And I need 5 votes, all town if we have a 3 scum team. If Cobalt is unwilling to vote him today, then I need to rely on a bus.

It's more than a bit rich, it's utterly ridiculous. You've two games with me, and you think you can isolate how I talk about my own activity from the effect of that activity?

Certainly, in AYAW4, I talked about my activity a lot. That's because I was working 8-10+ hr days amidst the leadup to Christmas, and trying to survive a mislynch almost entirely off phone posts in my 10-15m breaks.

But in TH7, I talked about my own activity plenty. In Day 2, especially, I shared plenty of details about a wedding I was attending which put me out of action for most of it. But generally I had more time, because I was attending Summer School and working lightly.

If you want to use activity as analysis, you're going to need more than two games with wildly different RL indicators.

And who have I been avoiding interacting with? Please, give me some substance to this ridiculous reach.

---------- Post automerged at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

I don't agree with no-lynching in mylo as a general rule. I think it only reduces the town voice relative to scums. I support it when you have no town reads, but in this game I don't see what we gain from watching scum shoot Cobalt/fluff/fonti.

---------- Post automerged at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Like, maybe when it's f4 and they've shot Cobalt/fluff it'll help eliminate a fonti!SK world, but not now.

2. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I'm not claiming just because a scumread of mine told me to.

fontisian, Cobalt should I claim?

3. Quiddity

High Score:
    fluff, did you read my case on dLGN a few pages back? What setup do you think we've got here?

4. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

We're probably in a 12-4 setup.

I'm also leaning dLGN scum.

5. Quiddity

High Score:
    By setup, I meant scumteam.

6. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Eco-Math-dLGN.

7. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Nah. You're good, fluff.

8. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    That's not how mass claims work HHNNNNNNNG

---------- Post automerged at 20:46 ---------- Previous post was at 20:45 ----------

What happened to

???????????

9. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Given that everyone else has already claimed VT, I doubt the power levels would work if fonti were SK.

10. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    Any yet you still don't think mass claiming is a good idea despite it clearing someone. What are you even smoking.

11. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Besidrs, we can never lynch her without losing to scum, so I'm just gonna go with her as town.

12. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    You don't get town points for regurgitating something I literally posted two hours ago you know.

13. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I was just explaining why I marked her down as town?

---------- Post automerged at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

I also don't need town points from you, given that you're scum and i'm not.

14. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    [IMGUR]GU6Wxvq.gif[/IMGUR]

15. Quiddity

High Score:
    Eco, any response? We're no-lynching without you.

Also worth noting: despite his rhetoric, dLGN never voted Math.

---------- Post automerged at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

I mean, I suppose you think fluff is scum. But that just means they shoot fonti/Cobalt.

16. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    TBH I'd be very, very happy to see Fluff removed from the PoE pool, and I wouldn't be terribly sad to confirm Fonti as not the SK. Cobalt being dead is probably the least useful, but it's better than nothing because it eases paranoia.

The problem is you're looking too far ahead. We have to get to F4 first. Hell, you're promising more words on dLGN tomorrow under the assumption that we get there, which is only guaranteed by No Lynching.

---------- Post automerged at 21:13 ---------- Previous post was at 21:11 ----------

But at the end of the day, it only works if Fonti promises not to shoot, because I'm very worried they'll just shrug shoot someone and lose the game anyway.

17. fontisian

There is a chance of me shrug shooting someone if you no lynch. I am that kind of person.

18. Ecophagy

Ecophagy Muggle

High Score:
    Aside from all this fruitless headbutting, have some content that I've been grinding through over the last couple of days.

A Math reread and Meta-analysis. It's mostly just a note dump, so please excuse any bits with weird flow:

On D1, Math went absolutely ham on Fonti and Tom, and a bit on Vaimes for trying to explain Tom 's meta. Everything else revolved around this: Math's town reads were people this scum group attacked, or just people who agreed with Math.
    Later, Eco and Cobalt make the scum list, both for pretty shit reasons, and some Typhon thrown in there.

The main thing I don't like is the complete reliance on one-dimensional scum slips for scum reads: Fonti is scum for "giving reasons". Tom is scum because of "Fake Reads". Eco is scum for "Reading off emotion". Cobalt is scum for "will attack" or whatever the stupid wording thing was. It's an easy way to look like you're scum hunting, but has a dreadful success rate and doesn't require any thought or analysis.

It's also worth noting that Math's reads are almost entirely completely wrong: everyone they have called scum is Town, and their Town reads sit squarely in the PoE (and are therefore scum) - and Jan was a town read as well.

So on the surface, a scum read seems pretty cut and dry for complete absence of genuine scumhuting.

So what's the problem? Well, I would be incredibly surprised if Math as scum townread their buddies so quickly and easily, especially since those town reads are a result of Math's scum reads (and not fluffy non-specific "I think you're lean town" for the most part): they're concrete. Surely there would be some distancing or uncertainty!

The obvious explanation is that Math is power-wolfing: catching "scum slips" and clearing their buddies. That falls apart though, because you're not powerwolfing if you come into MyLo and say "oh boy I don't know any more I am so confused!": you say "Eco and Cobalt are still scum lynch them rawr". But the former is what happened.

I also get this general impression that Math really believes what they're saying: they really believe they caught a bunch of slips, or that they should somehow be clear for the whole Typh thing. But that sort of conviction is easy to fake when it's based on something to flimsy as "slips" because you don't have to put time and effort into it and you can just immediately call someone 100% scum for it.

I really think this could go either way: Math's scumhunting has been tantamount to active lurking and their reads have been poor. But their interactions with potential buddies don't feel like buddy interactions, just interactions with people they think are town because of their position not on Math's scum list, especially because it doesn't look like Math is trying to power wolf here.

So final verdict: behaviourally scum, but with a town-like. So this means Math is either Town with awful technique, or scum who thinks their powerwolf attempt has stalled.

So now let's read some other MathBlade games!

Scum Game: TH7:
    -Same 1000% conviction on the scum team. Some reads based off "scum slips"
    -Same AHA CAUGHT YOU moments
    -Very few town reads
    -ZERO uncertainty (but Math didn't reach endgame/see their reads all dead to be forced into reevaluation)
    -None of the scum reads were Math's buddies.

So overall, looks pretty similar EXCEPT scum Math didn't hand out Town reads like candy, and didn't express any "what is happen help" confusion (but also didn't reach endgame so wasn't in as much of a position to).

Then I read Naruto Mafia for a Town game. Well, some of it. Math had six hundred and ninety three posts are there are only so many hours in the day I can slog through them.

-Calls out a scum team early, but it's not 1000% SURE DIE SCUM levels of confidence.
    -An honest to God readlist explained with reasons
    -Some actual progression of reads (Newcomb going scum->null was one that I remember) and changing of mind.
    -There's a lot of asking questions, getting people's input. Interacting with the thread.

I did also read a chunk of the linked Mass Effect game on MafiaScum, but Mathblade was incredibly different (actually using reasons for voting people instead of "YOU SLIPPED SCUM DIE") and actual levels of doubt and self-reflection in reads. There was a lot more poking and investigation, not the battering ram we've seen. But I attributed some of that to the different environment, which is why I dug up what I think is the most recent town game here to read.

So overall? I think this game looks a lot closer to Math's scum game, mostly because Math's reads appear to be MUCH more confident and one-dimensional in their scum game, whereas in the town game(s) they showed confidence to a less extreme level and demonstrated some ability to reconsider and evolve reads. There was also, I felt, a lot more interaction with the thread at large, doing investigation. The narrative of MathBlade coming into toDay with a conscious effort to lay low by acting confused and lost at least makes sense, but I don't have any parallel endgame to compare it to.

I'd still really prefer to no lynch, but I see Fonti is basically just trolling me at this point so whatever, let's just get on with it.

Vote MathBlade

Doubtless, this will be the CONFIRMATION of my NEFARIOUS INTENTIONS Math has been so DESPERATELY SEEKING.

---------- Post automerged at 22:14 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

Also I'm going to go sleep now so good luck etc.

19. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Absolutely.

20. fontisian

So, who wants to flashwagon q?