1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    This is actually making me feel really bad, tbh, I feel like I'm singling you out a lot/keep pushing you. :/ I guess if anything, your somewhat lackluster tone in your posts make you seem less scummy.

2. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

The same thing I do when I interact with everyone. Search for clues if they are town/mafia. Specifically in your case here, I know you're a fairly newer player, so I like to look more at trying to understand how you are coming to your conclusions, as there's (likely) a higher chance of your reads being off due to not knowing some players meta hints.

---------- Post automerged at 08:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

I don't mind the back and forth (and I was far worse in my debut, with a 4 Day tunnel on Vaimes, albeit I was right and he was scum).

---------- Post automerged at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Here's the Endgames link:

---------- Post automerged at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 AM ----------
    Lyric, post #197 in there is where I make the catch, and pretty much explains my rational.

I'm heading to bed, night all

3. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Hmmmm okay, I guess I see it.

I don't associate these things solely to your scumplay anymore, but my gut still really doesn't like you. I'm still in the process of deciding whether this last post made me feel better about you or not.

4. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Hey Lyric! What are your thoughts on the Vaimes vs font situation?

5. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    I think fontisian is being truthful and I find her reason fairly convincing/ I can see why she'd think what she thinks. Prior to all of this, I thought both were fairly towny. To be honest, I feel pretty hesitant about voting Vaimes, because I feel like I'm being a bad player by simply listening to one player (and unfortunately it admittedly helps that fonti's known to be a good player) and using meta knowledge that isn't even mine/that I don't actually know about. Also, I do realize that fonti can get away with more than most people, and that there might be other stuff going on with Vaimes. I will probably end up voting Vaimes if that's what everyone else decides to do. I know, not a great play, but hey. :/

---------- Post automerged at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

Why did you ask me about fonti vs Vaimes? What do you think about the situation?

---------- Post automerged at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------
    his fluffiness

---------- Post automerged at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

or, townier than not to better side of null* would be more accurate.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Okay, we're gonna have to nip this in the bud before 4pm EST because after that I will literally not be able to post except to maybe self-pres vote.

7. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    So....what's happening?

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

The fact of the matter is that I simply cannot afford to be as blase about my IRL responsibilities as I could have in the past. Regardless of my alignment, this is my activity, and it's going to be this way probably for the rest of the semester, everywhere, all the time, town mafia neutral jester whatever. It's crunch time, it's do-or-die, sink-or-swim.

Going any further with this argument feels like it's going to get real personal real fast, so I'm dropping it.

---

From this point forward, I'm probably just going to ramble, maybe talk to anyone who happens to be around when it isn't three in the morning, leave a readslist that hopefully doesn't have the entire scumteam in green/blue, and let the chips fall where they may.

I know I'm only going to be super salty about getting mislynched for the first time in [however long it's been since WH6] if I put in a shitton of effort here, so I think I'm gonna take the chill route.

9. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    I think that was pretty sincere.
    And doesn't seem like a route scum!Vaimes who wasn't actually having IRL issues would take?
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but..

---------- Post automerged at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 AM ----------
    Vaimes I'm here if you want to talk about the game or whatever, but just out of curiosity, if you do put a lot of effort into the game, wouldn't that technically make fonti's argument null? (not trying to gamepush you rn bc you sound kind of IRL upset, I'm just curious!!)

---------- Post automerged at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 AM ----------

(Also wya his fluffiness, I would've liked to talk to you because you're one of my nuller reads)

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Her argument that I'm not using mafia as an escape mechanism is null, but the point about me only coming for her as mafia is trash.

---------- Post automerged at 09:27 ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 ----------

I'm town.

Jan and owner are dead and town.

I don't want to lynch Lyric or Zenzao.

Cobalt's slot is whatever.

I don't really want to lynch tom or Rubicon.

The leftovers are people who I either think are scum, or purposefully leave for the gameflow to sort:

Fontisian
    His Fluffiness
    Miner
    Quiddity
    The Waco Kid

If I absolutely had to call a scumteam now, it would be font/Miner. It looked an awful lot like font was testing the waters re: lynching me when she slotted Cobalt and I together, and now she's basing exactly 99% of her case on something that is not alignment indicative. The only part that isn't is "Von is preemptively attacking me" which is pretty much just a fancy NOU.

Miner feels a lot like Silver in that I thought his play was really off D1, and need to know his alignment to work out how I feel about the rest of the players or I will almost-happily permavote him in MyLo. But given my inability to lead a lynch to save my life and DLP's tendency to fuck around at EoD, on top of me not being here later today, I'm not all that confident in that happening.

I probably will not put my vote on anyone other than these two unless it's to save myself.

---

Quiddity

I'll take a look at it but if you wrote it this game then uh, obviously I'm going to take it with a grain of salt.

11. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I'm asking you cause I think there's likely to be one scum in that duo, and getting people talking about it is important if we don't want to last second random lynch.

12. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    I'm thinking (I think I give up on my re-read+catch up and analysis stuff post, at least temporarily, so these reads are going to be a lot more influenced by things said by others in thread/consensus):

Zenzao- Town
    tom- Towny (sometimes less because of people)
    Quiddity- Null to towny (I believe in people saying his scum meta reads are a lot smoother/ Q is getting emotional and whatnot in this game+general towniness)
    Rubicon- Null to towny (I agree with a lot of his posts, specific things he's said has pinged me+I don't like his voting style, but he's being active and aggressive imo. His being scumread by people puts him down bc paranoia)
    fontisian- Null to towny (She seems like she's genuinely trying. People have mentioned that she's been giving more of her thoughts than usual, and I think her Vaimes push and reasoning is weird if scum, but I don't know her meta surrounding that)
    Vaimes- Null to towny (His last few posts got me emotionally, but at the same time, I understand that scum can also be genuinely emotional while still being scum. I don't know, I'll wait for fonti's response I guess. )
    These four confuse me a lot because so many people have different opinions on them. I'm trying to think what the scum world would look like if fonti-Vaimes are both town.
    Cobalt-Null, but I also feel like he wouldn't have JUST replaced out if he were scum. I feel like he would've replaced out sooner/pressured out sooner, rather than leave a buddy alone for almost two days.
    HF- Null (no longer remember him)
    Waco- Scummy (perhaps need to reevaluate, the fact that he's more townread than not messes with me a lot)

Miner- If it's just based on my former posts, probably at best null to scummy. However, with all that's happened/what other people think, Miner might actually be rated townier, but I haven't re-evaluated yet. I haven't thought about him in a long time.

Oops. I guess that basically leaves me without the potential pool I should have? Like, I *want* to townread everyone.

Waco/Miner doesn't ring any bells for me, but I guess not impossible?

I think I noted at one point waco/Rubicon were not likely to be aligned.

I can still see Miner/fonti I guess.

Would Waco/fonti work?What about Waco/HF?

tom/Rubicon and vaimes/Waco would be hilarious

---------- Post automerged at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

Who do you think is the scum then, and why?

---------- Post automerged at 01:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 AM ----------

me-zenzao would be pretty funny too

---------- Post automerged at 02:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

I am excited for Cobalt's replacement!

---------- Post automerged at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

I hope he's someone like Jan or Newcomb

---------- Post automerged at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

Zenzao

tom

Quiddity

Rubicon

fonti
    Vaimes

Cobalt

HF

Miner
    Waco

---------- Post automerged at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

Zenzao and tom are different colors if people can't tell

---------- Post automerged at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

I would very much like to hear more opinions on the fonti/Vaimes situation as well.

---------- Post automerged at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

Also, the gaps don't mean anything.

---------- Post automerged at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

Actually, fonti and Vaimes are making me kind of uncomfortable.

---------- Post automerged at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

If I went by gut alone, Rubicon would be lower on the list.

---------- Post automerged at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

Almost everyone might be, actually. This game is stressing me out.

---------- Post automerged at 02:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

I might not be (or more accurately, technically should not be) as present the next 1.5+ days.

13. Miner

Miner Order Member

Right.

According to the rules, we assume that all IRL responsibilities players claim to be true, and if anyone abuses them it's the mod's job to correct that, so I'm just gonna assume that Vaimes' activity is because he's finally focused on school.

Which makes fonti's argument that Vaimes is already active no matter what null.

But I still agree with font that I don't see the same type of town!Vaimes as I have in the past. I mean, we've seen salty!Vaimes in SVM, and this is not that. There's none of that snarkiness, none of the "come at me bro because you can't mislynch me" attitude that Vaimes had. Granted, he was the mason in that game, but I still feel that, overall, Vaimes's town play always has an element of confidence in not being mislynched because his townplay is supposedly so goddamn obvious.

That's not showing up here.

I admit that I've never been able to read Vaimes as well as other people, but the difference between this game and all the other games that I've played with him is pretty significant.

Readslist:

Miner

Lyric
    tom
    Zenzao
    font
    Waco

Rubicon
    HF
    Cobalt

Vaimes
    Quiddity

Lyric- I've never played with her. This is part town-consensus, and part because of the way she's approached reading a bunch of people that she hasn't played with (either for a long time or ever). She provides solid reads with logical reasoning, and I like the fact that she always asks if her reads are incorrect based on meta reasons or whatever. If this is scum, I'm ditching font and getting Lyric to teach me how to play scum in the future.

tom- You don't understand how fucking weird it is to put tom in green. But overall, for the first time in forever, I'm kinda agreeing with him, especially on the Quiddity read. If he's pocketing me, I will... uh... tunnel him forever after this game? Tonally he reads fairly towny, especially day one.

Zenzao- What everyone else has said about the number of traps he set in his day one post reminds me heavily of previous games with him. Likely town. Also, I think he mentioned that he might be AFK due to weather-related stuff or whatever, so I'm waiting to see what new things/crossexaminations he's come up with in the meantime.

font- Scary. Sheep until day 3. If 0 scum are dead, rope.

Waco- I'll admit I haven't done a full reread, but I recall something that I agreed with on his readwall, and I like his #982. Especially where he talks about how he plays with newer players. I /believe/ this is how he played with Jarizok in HP mafia, although I could be remembering it wrong.

Rubicon- I thought he was scum, especially for the way that he voted around EOD1 and the Jan/Rubicon interactions. He rises to null because his defense to fonti's push, like in #950, I liked.

HF- I no longer understand him and will be forever triggered.

Cobalt- Lurk lurk lurk lurk.

Quid- I've already made a case for him before, where I've mentioned difference in play, activity, what he's saying, etc. The fact that he thinks that me and Vaimes could be w/w is just ew, especially since he's played scum with me before.

---------- Post automerged at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Are you saying that the lynch has to be between one of them today?

14. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Okay, I think I came to the conclusion that I think fonti is townier than Vaimes after rereading my last interactions with her.

15. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I'm saying there is currently a wagon on Vaimes and a wagon on fonti, and I want everyone to give opinions on those wagons. Also, I would like those to be the wagons, since they should be informative and there is likely a scum in there.

16. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    :( But which wagon do you prefer.

---------- Post automerged at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 AM ----------

Also, is fonti known to be good at faking towniness (particularly towniness, not just nullness from either alignment)?

17. Miner

Miner Order Member

Lyric

It's more like fonti's scumrange and townrange are so large and so overlapped that it's excessively difficult to ascertain her alignment.

---------- Post automerged at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

There's a fonti wagon?

Can I get a votecount please.

18. Lyric

Lyric Squib

High Score:
    Also, Miner, if you could point me to your Quiddity case, it would be v much appreciated. And could you explain "the fact that he thinks that me and Vaimes could be w/w is just ew, especially since he's played scum with me before"?

19. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    On desktop, about to put in the work I've been promising. Before I begin I'm going to jot down my thoughts and the reasoning leading into why I'm re-reading from the angle that I'm going to, since I'm conflicted on my decision - there have been scummy feeling posts, and towny feeling posts, and that's bugging me.

As far as other worlds, I've been considering a Waco/Fonti scumteam. Given my previous praises of Fonti at DayStart feel free to offer me flak for this, but I've also said prior that I wanted to keep a closer eye on her, and while the tells that I was looking for haven't necessarily been met it is more that the way she has posted(that wall post being the chief example) feels... awry. She isn't usually one to post a wall that I remember, but I also remember her putting in quite the amount of effort around providing a fat wall in Mimefia tearing my own false!wall apart that game and she was scum, so until I re-read and analyze deeper, I'm uneasy calling her wall here that feels weaker a scum-wall or town-wall.

I haven't liked Waco since he started catching up. I didn't feel impressed by his D1 and I'm fairly certain but not entirely so that he skipped at least one prod I made against him(I will verify this shortly). His wall D1 struck me as akin to Fonti's D2 in that neither of them seemed to be deeply invested, and coming off of players who are usually very good and ask more meaningful questions, it felt like they were phoning it in.

Rubicon has improved IMO as Day progressed.

With all of that said, time to nut up or shut up and pull in quotes, reads, and make a decision on this world.

20. Miner

Miner Order Member

Lyric It's sprawled over pages 43-44, if you're doing 20 posts per page.

And the answer to your question is that Quiddity understands my mindset when I play scum and behavior when I play scum.

This is not it.