1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Feb 21, 2017.

1. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And we have one fucking minute left, huzzah.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

One more please.

3. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Ugh this is gross

4. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Switch back with Waco and get Rubicon lynched.

5. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    vote vaimes

sigh

6. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I have had little time to work with. Enjoy your life.

7. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    What a fucking shame. smh.

8. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Uh huh, sure that was it

9. Story Content: Day Two End
    Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Day Two End

Day Two Ends!

More blood. More, I say!

Vaimes has been lynched!

He was a Mafia Goon.

Day End Vote Count
    Vaimes = Ded. Will edit this in a bit, just skimmed through to make sure he dedded.

With 11 alive, 6 is soft lynch, and 9 is hard lynch.

Night Two ends in roughly 24 hours! Night may be shortened slightly if remaining scum approves it.​

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  10. owner

owner First Year

High Score:
    filler stuff goes here

11. Story Content: Day Three Start
    Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Day Three Start

Day Three Begins!

The sun rises. Someone be dead.

Lyric has died in the night!

She was Vanilla Town.

Livelist

DLGN (r. Cobalt)
    Fontisian
    His Fluffiness
    Miner
    Quiddity
    Rubicon
    The Waco Kid
    Tom
    Zenzao

With 9 alive, it is 5 to soft lynch, and 7 to hard lynch.

Daystart!

Day Three ends in ~48 hours

Day Three End

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  12. Miner

Miner Order Member

Eidolonic Past two posts weren't bookmarked.

To everyone else in the thread:

Yesterday is a prime example of why you don't overthink things and just go with your gut decision.

Quid has coasted far too much this game to be allowed to do so any longer.

Lynch: Quiddity

13. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I'm willing to accept fonti and miner as lock town.

Vote: Waco

14. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Gonna go back and reread some stuff, see who fits with Vaimes.

15. Miner

Miner Order Member

Probably going to be my only checkin. Heading to bed soon, will be mostly gone tomorrow.

16. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Going to preface this by saying I've started a Vaimes re-read at 17:11 ahead of DayStart and going to sit on it in a post-tab in-thread until then, assuming that I'm not the NK. Since the first scum was Vaimes I'm more inclined to expect Fonti to die at this point as retribution from his partner(who I'm looking at dLGN/Cobalt for his disappearance at DayEnd with the clock winding down), and I'm going to be trying to figure out why they hit Jan(aside from what Fonti stated, that he was obv!town).

I don't think Waco fits for his partner. Not sure about Quid, or Rubicon. But that's also what this re-read is for, to try and figure out who and see from there if anything corresponds in the rest of the thread.

(And for what its worth if you do end up dying toNight Fonti, I apologize for resisting so hard, but you really did strike a few Mimefia bells for me and I did not want to wind up fooled, so I took what I saw and pushed ahead. I'm often more stubborn than is good for me.)

Alright. Let's get down to brass tacks.

Scrolling back up at 17:59, up to around post 200, I'm beginning to note a lot of interaction with Rubicon that I'm not happy about. The stuff he has with owner and Jan seems to answer for me why Jan was the the N1 NK, whether or not he was voting owner at DayEnd is something I need to check when I get to that point.

Scrolling back up at 18:24, kind of broke this post up from the initial style as I began to document other posts that I think are of note and support where I'm going on Rubicon, so there may be a bias developing.

Posts with other users,
    owner/Jan
    ^ this following owner referencing Jan in one of her fluff posts.
    ^ this on voting for owner in response to Jan.
    Jan's #38 follow-up to that. Vaimes' 41 follow-up on owner's prod against Jan for not voting her there, and #44 addressing Jan's 38. Vaimes' 51 follow up with Jan regarding Jan's read on owner, Jan's #69 replying to Vaimes on owner's hype.
    Vaimes' #65 responding to owner.

Vaime's #101 referencing returning to an owner vote, Jan's #103 prodding him over faking his behavior, owner's #104 addressing his 101, #105 responding to owner or Jan, owner's #106 noting his play-style references, #108 responding to owner, and then prodding Rubicon, Jan's #109 response.

Cobalt/dLGN
    Vaimes' #48 first time addressing Cobalt.

Lyric
    Vaimes' #58 first time addressing Lyric, Lyric's #62 response, his #67 response.

Rubicon
    Vaimes' #83 voting Rubicon, #91, #108 responding to owner, and then prodding Rubicon, Vaimes' #179 referencing Rubicon getting voted often and some VCA?, Rubicon's #181 poking Vaimes, Vaime's #182 response, Rubicon's #183 Vaimes #184 Rubicon's #185 Vaimes #186

Intermission point from 17:59.

Jan's #156 and Rubicon's #157 where he mentions voting owner because Vaimes already was, Jan's #158 prodding Rubicon over his weak excuse on owner, pretty much just read the back-and-forth from post #156 to Waco's #177. Feels like Rubicon got pushed by Jan and couldn't really justify his line about why he'd voted owner.

owner's #191, same deal from here to Rubicon's #196 or #198 voting on Quid.

Intermission point again.
    At this point I'm seeing Rubicon moving on Jan because Jan was drilling Vaimes pretty solidly earlier on, and I'm also pretty sure I just read Jan drilling Rubicon too. Fonti's #230 through Rubicon's #238.

Rubicon's #227 voting Miner, Vaimes' #246 voting Miner. Vaimes #248 'gun to my head, Rubicon=/=scum'. Jan's #250 debunking Vaimes' previous post, Vaimes #288 kind of brushing Jan off.

HF's #291, calls this town!Vaimes. Sorry bro, don't like that. Vaime's #314 throw-away to HF and Cobalt.

Vaimes' #358 mostly addressing/mildly agreeing with Rubicon. Vaimes' #401 further supporting Rubicon(this post was aimed at owner, apparently, though he pinged me).

Vaimes' #403 addressing meta, Rubicon's #411 non-answer, Vaimes #413 prodding him to answer, owner's #414 prodding Rubicon over his comment on Vaimes non-VCA a while back.

Cripes, this is only half of his bloody post count to this point. Little over an hour to get here.

Vaimes' #512 where he posts a wall. He has Rubicon fifth from the top, which is more-or-less in range IIRC for a partner, but I usually see a three-scum team where one partner is mid-town and the other is low-scum. His lack of reasoning for the wall should have struck a nerve sooner.

Fonti's #513 prodding him over Rubicon's town-placement, Vaimes #515 telling her no. Jan's #516 asking for Vaimes to sell him on town!Rubicon, Vaimes #519 explaining it. Don't buy his reasoning by this point.

Jan's #522 on Rubicon's merits town/scum to this point, Vaimes #523 defending Rubicon further, Jan's #524 response, read here through Rubicon's #539 where he tries to shift attention onto a Fonti lynch if I am reading this correctly.

Waco's #547 calling out Rubicon as not playing to his style.

Kind of skimming at this point after reaching DayEnd D1(18:58), the pattern of Rubicon following Vaimes seems to continue as per below,

Rubicon's #564, #583, Vaimes #586, Rubicon's #650(I do not recall at this point seeing him favor a Quid lynch and as such feeling bleary-eyed I'm just going to note it down rather than ding him or dig back through looking for more, I want to finish this up already), #680(pay attention to this), #704 responding to owner, Vaimes #709 lamenting the owner wagon(because it clears up her alignment?), Rubicon's #712 urging votes to go onto owner, Vaimes' #716 voting Miner, Rubicon's #720, Vaimes' #723, #725 prepping to go to Miner, #735 voting for Miner after a healthy dilation from Vaimes' vote, Rubicon's #749 urging voters to Miner, of which only Cobalt and and Quid accepted as of my #757.

Also of note, Jan's #789 referencing voting Rubicon all Day, Vaimes #791 chastising Rubicon for vote jumping on to Waco. Now remember Rubicon's 680? Enter his #799.

And that is it for D1.

Now we enter D2, and I just caught something I had previously missed that I find particularly interesting.

Eido's End of Day accurate Vote Count and Vote Order,
    See it? That strike a chord with any one else?

Also, HF's #870 summarizes Rubicon's shifting on owner better than I did. Don't really buy into his #872 response.

Lyric's #843, Vaimes' #894 denying reading Rubicon differently, also votes Fonti for her push on him. His #896 using votals instead of another wall, note Rubicon in town green and continuing to push the Miner agenda along with now Fonti.

Rubicon's #897 denying town-reading Fonti for some reason?

Fonti's #898 applying pressure to Vaimes, Rubicon's #900 reads. Interesting that he hedges his bets on Vaimes once Fonti begins to rail him.

Also of note, Rubicon's #912, specifically the line about Vaimes lack of townreads matching his meta if I'm reading this right, whereas I believe Jan early D1 accused him of throwing out too many town-clears D1 usually?

Rubicon's #940 prodding Fonti over her wall, Fonti's #947 countering, Rubicon's #950 that feels more like last-scum-self-preservation now that Vaimes is in the cross-hairs.

Vaimes' #951 to Fonti/Tom/Waco.

Rubicon's #952 bussing commences, back and forth through #954.

Vaimes' #959 to HF, Fonti's #962 firmly voting scum!Vaimes, #965 answering Rubicon, Rubicon's #967 vote on her.

Finally read Fonti's #969 through to the bottom.

Quid's #974 to Fonti prodding Vaimes' behavior.

Tom's #975 referring back to Jan's wall, also prods Vaimes over his reaction with Rubicon.

Vaimes #988 to Lyric at a time when he was still maybe going to attempt to derail a lynch on himself, note that he would still not lynch Rubicon at this point.

Lyric's #992 wall, Miner's #993 wall, Tom's #1009 wall. 2/3 agree on Rubicon being scummy.

Fonti's #1029 on Vaimes, noting his Rubicon read.

And then we enter
    Rubicon's #1033 that feels like an outright and rather blatant lie at the very top. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't once recall seeing Rubicon push Vaimes for scum D1. He hopped on that bandwagon only around the time that Fonti began to push Vaimes as scum D2.

Waco's #1044 wall, and for fair judgment my own #1050 wall at the bottom of the Fonti tripe.

Rubicon's #1061 further distancing from Vaimes.

dLGN's #1071 prodding Waco and Rubicon as scum, Rubicon's #1072 prodding back.

Rubicon's #1098 further distancing.

Fonti's #1105 settling for Rubicon if not Vaimes lynch yesterDay.

Rubicon's #1106 furthering a Waco push over a Fonti push now.

Also for transparency sake, my #1117.

Rubicon's #1118 further pushing Waco and Vaimes.

Fonti's #1147 pushing an HF lynch for D3(presumably assuming she dies toNight, N2, as of this point - 20:01).

And... done.

I believe right now that Rubicon is Vaimes' partner, there is just too much interaction, soft-balling, bussing, and distancing as things proceeded. I believe this with more surety than I have my push against owner through D1, or my push against Waco and Fonti D2. I also believe that Jan was the N1 NK for his pushes against Rubicon.

Lynch Vote Rubicon.

---------- Post automerged at 22:21 ---------- Previous post was at 22:18 ----------

Wait, seriously, Lyric died? Da fuck?

17. Miner

Miner Order Member

Zenzao

That's a hefty chunk.

Question: If Rubicon flips town, who would you look at next?

---------- Post automerged at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Also, to be fair, Lyric was the top townread of almost everyone.

18. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

She was the deciding vote to flip the lynch onto von, and she was already a general townread. I was expecting her or fonti to die.

19. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Didn't have as much time as I like to go over stuff, but here's where I'm standing:

3 groups
    Town: Fonti, Miner,
    Some possibility: Rubicon, Zenzao
    PoE: Quiddity, HF, tom, dLGN

To open the day, my focus is on the trio who's EoD focus swirled around the statement: Von's not really towny, but let's wait until he's back because he'll be obvious... tom, HF, dLGN,

Vote: dLGN

20. Miner

Miner Order Member

Uh Waco, weren't you another one of those people reluctant to vote Vaimes?