1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Depends on if you know our meta and experience with each other.

Anyone who knows me can tell you I don't bus, as a rule, except in very rare circumstances. I think bussing is almost always a bad plan, even when it works. Take any team that wins by bussing, and the odds are pretty good they could have won more easily if they worked together.

I especially don't bus Vaimes, and especially when he has temporary RL commitments that keep him from playing his best.

Partly because it's a shitty thing to do to a partner. And partly because when I'm scum and almost everyone thinks lynching my partner is objectively bad play due to IRL reasons... I tend to agree with them. Duh.

Also I don't bus D2 in a mountainous. On DLP, where I haven't survived to endgame as scum in years.

When it's so easy to lynch Waco instead.

The only reason I lynch Vaimes D2 in this scenario is because I believe he's scum, and I think he's scummier than any other wagons.

2. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Quiddity
    That's all I've got, babe.

Actually it feels like a lot. Two hard townreads, a "probably just town" read on DLGN, and a vote on Rubicon.
    I feel good.

3. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Reads are cheap. I want arguments.

---------- Post automerged at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------
    Rubicon why did town!you not have a problem with voting Vaimes given his IRL?

Like, walk me through the difference between those.

4. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I don't know how much more there is to keep going on, tbh. I think I've projected pretty obvious town and just need other people to do the same.

Rubicon's points on you are fair and maybe I'd go for tom today after all.

And to Quiddity idk man, you feel super different to last game and I got that ready pretty easily skimming when I subbed in and I haven't really seen any reason to think otherwise. I'd imagine I seem different too at least here in the late game.

I will say when you were defending yourself with the 'why would I plop a vote down on partner von and leave the thread and not get much more credit / leave it there' I felt like saying it's really, really hard to justify moving that vote and looks really bad when von flips mafia, either that day or later, so unless you think he can survive and win f5 with you of course you wouldn't move it. And we both know you have a thing about being right about partners lol.

But I just don't think you are mafia and don't really care to pursue that point.

---------- Post automerged at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:13 ----------

Also Rubicon I'm kinda curious how you read my probing of Zen scummy while Quiddity took issue with the same thing(s) that I did. Did we not do pretty much the same thing? I felt like I was being careful to push Zen to make some reads, not push scum and have them shut down. It's weird that you read that scummy of all things when it's kind of what you claim to do, yourself:

5. Rubicon

My win condition. I have no moral obligation to let scum live just because they're busy IRL. He was scummy for reasons that had nothing to do with his activity.

6. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Too bad.
    <3

7. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    One hard townread is Quiddity and the other is Zen? Did I miss where you hard townread Zen?

Did you say something else besides that?

8. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Lynch Vote Tom.

DayEnd is 3 hours and thirty minutes away.

---------- Post automerged at 18:35 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

Unofficial Vote Count
    tom(2): Quiddity(#1620), Zenzao(#1628).
    Rubicon(1): tom(#1616)

Absent (2): Rubicon, dLGN.

With 5 alive, it is 3 to soft lynch, and 4 to hard lynch.

9. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    Dinner soonish again and I'll be around for EOD.

10. Quiddity

High Score:
    I'd respond on Von!vote, but I don't think I get lynched from here and no time so cbf.

Yes, DLGN, you do seem very very different. But I'm not familiar enough with your play, and I have enough esteem for you to believe you could shift styles easily.

I don't scumread you, and I do in fact agree that you've made good points today.

But deciding if I'm right or not on you basically wins the game here. And Rubicon's points are real, no matter that some of those points I agreed with.

Trying to decide if tom edging towards clearing dLGN is just him pocketing me further, or actually towny.

11. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I've been hard townreading Zen so long it feels like second nature.

---------- Post automerged at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:43 ----------

I mean...
    If I was scum it would be making it harder for myself tomorrow and also isn't even working so...

---------- Post automerged at 15:46 ---------- Previous post was at 15:45 ----------

Hardclaim cop

Rubicon - W

12. Quiddity

High Score:
    That's why it's pockety.

And I've been very open about that being a line of reasoning I focused on.

13. Rubicon

tl;dr of my current view on dLGN/Tom:

I think Quiddity and Zenzao are town.

Tom is scummy. He tends to sound sketchy as both alignments. He pushed hard against lynching Vaimes. His actions also indirectly caused the Vaimes lynch.

dLGN is not scummy. He tends to sound disturbingly genuine as both alignments, if Stardew is anything to go by. He pushed hard for lynching Waco instead of Vaimes, but his posts about a Waco/Rubicon scumteam are really odd for someone who knows their partner might be lynched in a few minutes.

dLGN is trying a lot harder than Tom right now.

My gut says that Tom makes more sense.

14. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And I'm probably going to be unavailable through the rest of the Day, folks. Got to assist with my family, it not in the way I'd expected earlier. I think tom is the right choice right now.

15. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I am scummy, but I always am (which, haven't we only played together in mimefia?). And was against the Vaimes lynch but made it happen.

Why do I think you know I'm unlucky town?

And why does this post look like you're leaning DLGN over me?

---------- Post automerged at 16:47 ---------- Previous post was at 16:47 ----------

Don't you want to just win today?

16. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I can't decide between tom and rubicon but I think if we get it wrong I can outplay either in f3 so I'm not tooooo worried...?

Both have/had kinda flimsy pushes on me - Rubicon hasn't addressed the differentiation between me/Zen and Quiddity/Zen, and beyond that it's kinda like... fear lynch? Idk, I don't think I played SVM well but I've sounded towny before as mafia in a really old game nobody here was in... I'm definitely not that strong as mafia though and this is probably out of my range tbh.

Ehhhh.....

It's weird, tom's positioning seems really difficult to get out of as mafia. He's either banking on the Quiddity pocket if he's mafia or to kinda go heads up with me in f3? Rubicon is taking a much careful stance... ehhhhh.

---------- Post automerged at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:56 ----------

Lynch Vote: Rubicon

17. Quiddity

High Score:
    Vote Rubicon

18. Rubicon

No problem with your zenzao push. It's useful. You ended up calling him town, too.

I think you are probably town for your posts around the Vaimes lynch.

I also have no context for reading you, compared to everyone else here, except that watching you play Stardew in obs I was absolutely convinced you were town and you weren't. Mostly for your posts around the Jarizok lynch. (I've played a lot with zenzao, several times with Q, several times with Tom.)

That's just the reality, sorry.

Also,

vote: Tom

If I'm lynched today, legacy is lynch Tom. Don't rush into the last lynch. Zenzao should stop sheeping if he's alive, and Tom should fight a hell of a lot harder than he currently is if he's town.

---------- Post automerged at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Tom's positioning is he knows he's going to lose.

Once you realize he knows that it basically explains everything he's doing right now.

---------- Post automerged at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Optimism on your part?

I am not leaning dLGN over you, sorry man, there's paranoia but I think you're mafia. If I die today that would be my final answer.

---------- Post automerged at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

other legacy stuff: Quiddity still town, he wouldn't have played this game this way as scum.

---------- Post automerged at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Do not lynch Zenzao even if he's still alive tomorrow.

19. dLGN

dLGN Muggle

High Score:
    I changed my mind if we can still swing this to tom. This doesn't sound endgame from rubicon. tom could be banking on the pocket as an out tomorrow.

Lynch Vote: tom

20. Rubicon

That's... good? What specifically changed your mind?

why do you people do this to me

Was thinking earlier that this overly negative reaction to a simple question looks like distancing.