1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Hmmmm...

I think I like font more now.

also lynching Jari still needs to happen, especially given that I'm starting to think Plotless might be a low activity counterwagon of some kind.

2. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Obviously noone's going to like people reading them based on something other than their posts, but that doesn't mean it's not a valid reason.

As to your "I hardtownread Reg around the same time", your first post was 322, on account of you being in the signup thread. Cobalt posted

not even 100 posts in.

My reads are just what they are. If my toptowns are consensus town, that's probably because they were most obviously townie?

---------- Post automerged at 11:31 ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 ----------

Lynching me should not happen. Lynching scum would be much better. I do agree lynching Plotless is a soft option, so how about

Vote: Regfan

instead? I even made the vote pretty pink to make the sheeping a more attractive option.

3. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Okay, what I meant by that was that when I was catching up I picked up a townread on Reg about as far into the thread as you did and this was pointed out in the catchup post.

---------- Post automerged at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

EBWOP: By soft option do you mean you think Plotless is town?

Also I'm not voting Reg at this stage in the game. He's a less solid bet than, say, Jan or Acio, but not D1 lynch material.

4. Jarizok

Word.

Fable's reaction to Zen's wall is pretty townie if last game is anything to go from.

---------- Post automerged at 11:38 ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 ----------

I'm not sold on Plotless' alignment either way, but he's an easy mislynch to push for scum. I don't want to give them the satisfaction of seeing it go through. If Plotless' play so far is any infication, it's not like he'll win the game for scum in endgame either if he's actually scum, so he's just never a priority lynch.

---------- Post automerged at 11:41 ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 ----------

Well, if you point blank refuse to vote Reg, Plotless is a soft option and I'm town, you might want to start looking for an alternative. Could I interest you in a Miner or Cobalt lynch? Kai is predicted to start gathering some lynch equity as well, experts say.

5. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Jari - Can you get around to answering Post #741 for me please. Also your push on me here is feeling eerily similar to the push you made on EOD1 in WH8 where you were scum and the leading wagon was on a partner of yours; you're really going to have to convince me this isn't just you doing it again.

Want Fable/Zenzao to take a 24 hour break from each other (Well at least what's left of the final day), think they're both just getting frustrated inside their interaction here and don't think it's particularly helpful. If either still thinks the other is still mafia after the D1 lynch / flip coming into tomorrow then by all means summarise the read then but for now table it.

Fable - Think some of the things you're town reading me there is something I can fake as scum, I'm pretty good at faking 'detailed' reads and thoughts although there's a pretty stark difference with how I present them and what I do with them; that said think I left my scum range some time ago and don't really find Kai's or Jarizok's scum reads on me even remotely genuine.

I'd be pretty happy to burn KaiDASH if Plotless does flip scum, him voting Jarizok when it's 5-4 to move it to 5-5 has a lot of scum motivation there and doesn't really mesh with his reads that well. Also think him not moving his votes when seeing the VC while claiming he wasn't aware it was that close is pretty bad too. Agree with Fable in that Kai's read on me and the timing of him stating it doesn't come across genuinely at all and find that (alongside his Pie stance) pretty difficult to grasp. Still yet to find anything he's done townish and last game I had a few posts that I liked of his early despite him being low-content then too.

Stanari - Still waiting on an answer from you.

Jan - Wouldn't mind hearing exactly where you are with your reads after all the huge walls / content that happened before your last reads post. Sure, there "might" be a scum inside the town reads but that's not the right avenue to go down right now; who's actually likely scum?

pienyan - Join me on Plotless? Please? He really seems completely unsure how to re-enter the thread here and it's a decent indication that he's caught scum. That or sell me on going Jarizok since really today is almost certainly between the two.

With deadline in ~15 hours we really should have everyone that's on wagons with 1-2 players starting to consolidate, I'd rather not have to deal with EOD fuckery with the votes particularly since I probably won't be around at the time and think without doing so there's a chance of scum just fake-claiming and dodging the noose in the last hour with no real time to evaluate the claims; similar to what Nacho/Tammy did in Owners Marketplace. But pretty much what Jan said.

I'll be checking on this a bit before bed, if anyone has any questions / last minute reads they want me to elaborate on then let me know. Probably not going to be able to post at work in the morning but I might try and slip in one tier list just before EOD.

Still need to go through Zenzao's Jarizok post and Fontisians recent wall.

---------- Post automerged at 04:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 AM ----------

Don't worry Jan, you can ignore that question. Think you've answered it sufficiently in #788.

6. Jarizok

My activity D1 in HPM was way higher than this. I think I was more active D1 last game as well, since I actually had access to a pc then. My reads were reachy last game, due to me looking for scumreads on townies, what with me being scum and all. Now, they're not so reachy at all. People get away with calling my reads that because I'm a lot more focused on getting reads for myself than I am developing them and pleading my case on them itt. My play could probably use a shift here again, so maybe I'll focus on that D2.

You saying Zen was the only hedge in your wall doesn't make it so. You say all the Fonti voters are bad, but don't follow up on any of them xept Stanari, pien is towny, but, and Zen could go either way. Not a single solid read in there.

Did you even read scum QTs last game? I was the one saying people were underestimating you. You're not an easy mislynch, you're just scum, worth lynching over Plotless today, who may or may not be scum.

7. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I..don't really get Fontisians reasoning for town reading Kai, early D1 votes aren't generally placed by scum because they think they can "mslynch the player" necessarily so her town reading Kai based on the Cobalt vote (Something I'm scum reading him based on) is kind of hard to get. The Pie read and the Jari/Pie unaligned one I don't mind but going into it and posting "Not partners with Jari" while pushing Plotless to be lynched rather than Jari feels a little weird. Overall not making a lot from her post.

---------- Post automerged at 05:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 AM ----------

I hope you realise the bolded comments mean if Plotless flip scum I'm probably just camping on you tomorrow and not even caring regardless of what alignment you end up flipping. Calling Plot a "Weak" lynch and ignoring the actual reasoning put forward behind the lynch is pretty disgustingly bad.

8. Jarizok

That was me answering 740 Reg. You're up now, although I doubt I'm going to convince you to vote yourself.

9. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    This is about how I felt about it as well (i.e. Plotless being an easy lynch isn't mutually exclusive with Plotless being scum). Hey, maybe you're not so bad afte-

...or maybe you're going to throw lynch candidates at me in the desperate hope that I'll pick one and leave you alone. (SPOILER: This is not a good thing)

Cobalt I think is town, I'm at a point with Kai where I want to see him D2, and I never actually bought into the case on Miner in the first place. So no, I'm not interested in any of those.

10. Jarizok

That's some language there Reg. Quite unlike your usual even-keeled considerate well thought through self. Kinda reminds me of that one post I quoted that I said was never town!you.

11. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    I more likely than not won't be able to get all the stuff I want to get done in this game done before the deadline.

Vote: Plotless

12. Jarizok

Town!me should be looking at options beyond myself and a guy I'm not convinced is scum. Scum!me only has a valid reason to avoid the Plotless wagon if he's a teammate of mine, and even then bussing would probably be a better option. You should be too if yer not convinced of either lynch option on the table today.

13. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    It's reasoning like that coming from you that makes it so difficult for me to find this a genuine read from you Jarizok since; a) You've not seen a scum game of mine but I'm typically "nicer" as scum than town, I also detest being scum and it shows if people know what to look for in my posts, well and truly left my scum range this game and pretty sure pie can confirm that and b) I most certainly did get "tilted" and wasn't "even-keeled" in WH8, even had to apologise post-game because I knew I wasn't being appropriate at one stage.

14. Jarizok

Whelp, I gtg for a bit. I'll be back.

15. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Pie - That's fine, I'll take some summary reads if you've got some atm. Did you disagree with any of my elaborated town reads (Think there was 9? of them), if so which/why?

16. Jarizok

Og come on, that crosspost makes me leaving now look disgusting >.>

17. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    I think this point is probably correct, fwiw. He hasn't even attempted to come back into the thread and give reads or do anything at all.

I honestly haven't even had enough time or energy to cross-check the reasoning behind your reads. Or do anything else really.

Zenzao and Acio are the town reads from that list that I need to firm up the most myself.

18. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    How long does today have left?

I had forgotten that these long, idyllic days do end.

---------- Post automerged at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

Quickly: I can see Fable's rant coming from scum, but it still pushes him up. Probably to lean town?

My problem with him earlier was in the strength of feeling he brought to a read I thought was a) ridiculous, and b) not deserving of that fervor (his side of the Zenzao interaction around when I posted, largely centering on dC's placement). Seeing that intensity play out here makes me think it's indicative of his style, although it does give me Ryan flashbacks. Still, it takes a certain skill to put yourself in that mindset and post from that, and it generally lends credence as it feels like a natural continuation from earlier interplay, painting them better.

19. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Finished going over Zenzao's Jarizok read, it's not really done a whole lot to change my actually read on Jarizok but can follow Zenzao's thoughts a lot more in this one than the Fable read and has strengthened my town read on him even more.

Just a touch over 15 Hours left.

Not going to be online for much longer and when I do leave there's a decent chance I might not be back before day end so if there's anything about those two reads you need more from me let me know because I'm pretty much playing this game as "Get lots of town reads and hopefully a D1 scum lynch and that'll be enough to win based on".

20. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Sigh. When will y'all learn and let us post at night?

---------- Post automerged at 05:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 AM ----------

Oh good, I can sleep and come back with a vote.

I really won't have any time tomorrow to do more than that, though (if I do, it means I'm shirking something).

---------- Post automerged at 05:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 AM ----------

Shouldn't he be further down your wall, then?

If I'm now meh, and that's only bad news for Reg if I'm not scum (not painting it too strongly, but that's a pretty bad sign), why do we share a tier?

---------- Post automerged at 05:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

Oh and I agree with Regfan's points on the Fable wall. Though your wall wasn't stuff that was ever driving my read.